Boards < General < Creative < Sticky: Ask a Moderator

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2020-03-30 20:39:13 — Link

Monues (#19564) wrote:

Would a horse rear half as an apparel for gryphons be accepted? Essentially, an apparel to make a gryphon look like a hippogrpyh.

Yes, it will. Apparels allow any type of customization, there are no restrictions for species appearance like for custom skins.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2020-03-30 20:43:28 — Link

Lyco (#83510) wrote:

I made a custom skin and it is a png but it keeps saying it's not a png. Why?

Please use a different app. JsPaint doesn't support transparency.

• Lyco
  • User

Posted at 2020-03-30 22:09:26 — Link

Ok thanks, is there any way to copy the image and put it on something that does support transparence>

• Lyco
  • User

Posted at 2020-03-30 22:11:30 — Link

What websites do support it?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2020-03-30 22:40:23 — Link

There's a lot of advanced free drawing tools. For example, you may use Photopea which is very similar to Photoshop and supports *.psd format if you would like to use the official pet bases.

• Centar
  • User

Posted at 2020-03-30 23:15:25 — Link

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2020-03-31 04:20:29 — Link

Oh gosh i'm excited now, all the apparel ideas! I'll have to figure out masks now for the gryphon oh boy. Thanks Angel <3 

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2020-04-02 22:59:26 — Link

Question: can I share shaded apparel 'bases' for others to colour? Such as these plain white wings just submitted: https://i.imgur.com/D4vliJ6.png

I'm having difficulty saving any coloured versions without getting ugly white outlines around the edges. Not a software or BK problem, just my total lack of experience dealing with non-cartoon lineless art :(

So maybe other users would have more luck (and fun) adding colour? I don't mind if they get all the official credit, silver/gold coin profits etc. Happy just to do shading. One greyscale PNG per apparel.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2020-04-02 23:52:45 — Link

Can you import to another editor, such as gimp?

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2020-04-03 00:41:32 — Link

Downloading Gimp now. FireAlpaca is so easy and lightweight for drawing, but limited in many ways >.<

Still would be interesting to share the bases. I'd love to sit back and let others add colours/patterns to all these gryphon armours. My beaky army needs a lot of clothing :D

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2020-04-03 01:10:41 — Link

Oh my gawd those wings! Keeps seeing people making awesome apparels and here I am messing around with horse bottoms and oversized hooves. 

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2020-04-03 16:50:32 — Link

Hey, some people like those small things :) I'd like some small antlers, ram horns, or little rings around the forelegs, for gryphons. If you feel like trying those?

Eventually someone should do a mask to remove the wings, and draw shiny spikes erupting from the back and body, like traditional heraldic keythongs. That would be so cool.

.. maybe there should be a thread just for requests/sharing apparel ideas that we don't feel like drawing ourselves.

• loco
  • User

Posted at 2020-04-03 18:22:26 — Link

Does it work for a custom apperal if I used a filter I'm pretty sure that you can't use one but I don't really know.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2020-04-03 18:43:37 — Link

Marans (#53943) wrote:

Question: can I share shaded apparel 'bases' for others to colour? Such as these plain white wings just submitted: https://i.imgur.com/D4vliJ6.png

I'm having difficulty saving any coloured versions without getting ugly white outlines around the edges. Not a software or BK problem, just my total lack of experience dealing with non-cartoon lineless art :(

So maybe other users would have more luck (and fun) adding colour? I don't mind if they get all the official credit, silver/gold coin profits etc. Happy just to do shading. One greyscale PNG per apparel.

Sure, I don't see any problems with this. The main issue with third-party bases and linearts is the author's consent which is clear in this case :)

loco (#83551) wrote:

Does it work for a custom apperal if I used a filter I'm pretty sure that you can't use one but I don't really know.

You may use filters as a part of your painting process, but you can't use them as your main tool. For example, you may use noise/clouds+posterize+displace to create a mask for a piebald pattern, but you may not just generate clouds and overlay them over a base.

• loco
  • User

Posted at 2020-04-03 23:34:56 — Link

Thanks, when I try to sumbit a custom apperal form photopea it doesn't say export quickly it just says export as PNG,JPG ectc. What do I do?

« Prev | 1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla