Boards < General < Creative < (10/6/16) Monues's Skin Market

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 | Next »

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2014-11-11 22:17:39 — Link

"Salvete and welcome to the skin market," An old man with piercing eyes and dark skin greets you with a voice that sends chills up your spine, "There are skins here for every desire, from attractive to appalling. You are sure to find one that you can not do without"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News and updates can be found in posts directly below this one.

Questions and Answers

Why do your skins cost gold?
For two reasons. First is because making a custom skin, drawn from scratch, takes much more effort than manipulating the offical base, and therefor can have a fee of gold. This is partly why my base manipulations are only silver, and everything else is gold. I myself would pay gold for a custom skin, but wouldnt for a recolor of the offical base.
The other reason is because I want my custom skins to remain special are rare to those who use them. I don't want to be so common that they no longer feel special, unlike how they would if there were only two or three. I feel like when someone puts a custom skin on their pet it is because that pet is special, so the skin should be too. With the cost of gold it is something to be earned as well, in a sense. To keep them rare the price will rise with the more uses the skins get.

Do you take commisions?
Kind of, sort of. Rarely. I can only do a custom skin if I have a good, strong idea about it. If I don't it fails and never gets finished. If the ideas you offer me for your commision skin don't click then I can't do it because I will fail half way through and make everyone upset. So it is a shot in the dark if your idea will snag or not.

But, I can recolor already exsiting skins that I have made. I save layers to everything, so it is easy to revisit and change things. Unless you want lines changed as well, the cost to have this done is little to nothing.

What does it cost to get a commision?
A good pet, item/s I need, another skin (skin swap), things like that.

How many skins do you have? Do you plan to make more?
Over a hundred right now. And of course I plan to make more skins. I have atleast a hundred more skin ideas to try and pop out when I get the motivation.

What program do you use?
An older version of GIMP. I find it to be simple and easy to use and it does a lot of neat things that I find to be really useful. It also comes at no cost, which is always nice.

How do you create a skin?
There are several ways I go about creating a skin, depending on how I want it to turn out. I will sketch it out on paper, take a photo, re-draw the lines with the pencil or brush tool, then color and shade. Or I will use the raw lines instead of redrawing them to give a different look to the skin. Recently I have started drawing pixel versions of skins, and expanding them to 350 size but have yet to submit any. They look pretty good though.
With official base manipulations I create the color and pattern desired on the base before I do anything else. Then I cut off and rotate parts to achieve the pose I want, sometimes using parts from other species, then fill in the gaps, shade, add detail, and other such things until it is ready to be submitted.

To find my skins in the library, the keyword "monues" will bring them up.

The skins displayed below are in scroll boxes, don't miss out on what's hiding below the first row.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Puma Skins
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roc Skins

Symurgh and Throdama Skins

Unicorn Skins

Cockatrice Skins

Gryphon Skins

Dragon Skins

Lykos Skins

B [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2014-11-13 03:04:23 — Link

News and updates... (10/14/2016)

Currently working on... Nothing

Waiting for Approval... Appears less blurry when on a pet's background image.

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2014-12-15 02:59:49 — Link

Newest Skins
Skins that have recently been approved and are ready for use right now

Wicked Reaper- A spooky unicorn skin for the month of october. Your unicorn can celebrate for halloween with it's very own costume.

Black Widow- A spider throdama. A giant winged spider, some people's worse nightmare. Had this on the back shelf for months at 90% finished, finally got around to adding on the last touches and changing the head to look much better. And yes, it does pop out of the background on a pet's page.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-12-16 23:02:14 — Link

What program are you using? I love the texture! 

Would it be possible to order a custom private skin from you? I'd be looking for a dragon skin. Could you give me a quote and idea of what form of payment you would like it in?

I'm looking for something very flowy and fae in nature. Something that looks inquisitive and quick. Pale body, ice blue tones hidden in the scales. And perhaps darker blue wings. The wings would be larger than the body and there would also be "fins" for ears, under the chin, on the side of the neck, the back of the legs (like an upwards crest), on the side of the tail and webbed hand like front claws. Perhaps the edges of the fins could be a slightly lighter color. All of the fins would have elongated and flowy tips. Fangs would be sticking out from it's lower jaw and the eyes would be ice blue. Generally I am looking for an "ice/cold" theme. Feel free to make suggestions to it! 

I realize this is kind of vague... I can always sketch out a rough idea if that is more helpful 0.0

Thanks!

Art: My Deviantart Gallery       OPEN FOR CUSTOM SKIN REQUESTS!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Check out the unofficial Beastkeeper Chat! http://xat.com/beastkeeper

I am often on via my phone. Sadly many site features do not work on my phone and I may not be able to do certain things(I may not respond to messages while on my phone for this reason).

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2014-12-16 23:14:34 — Link

Current Progress:

Fixed the size, im already in love with the wings...I may go overboard here, because I absolutly love adding frills to dragons.

Hand will look funny until I get to the coloring.

Fey Dragon by RavensMourn

I use gimp.  I don't use thier textures unless im drawing scales or heavy dots though, then I get lazy and make a custom texture stamp thing of the scales I drew, hahah. I hate drawing scales one by one.

For payment, I don't really know actually. A nice pet, or a rainbow jar, vermillion, a hug, bacon, most of anything really.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2014-12-17 05:09:46 — Link

Love it! You did a good job with what I imagined. :) Maybe make the beak/nose portion a bit slimmer, to give it that devious/impish look? And a flowy tail. You captured the wings -perfectly-. The frills are great! I am also lazy with scales. I made a brush for that creature I suggested and that was how I did scales o.0

Well. I have -lots- of war unicorns. I could breed something nice for your raffles. I also have vermillion, magic food, and other random items n' such. And plenty of silver if you are wanting any :) Not quite sure how to send you bacon.... uhm picture me mentally sending some? 

Let me know what you are interested in, and I can send it on your way! ^^

I am often on via my phone. Sadly many site features do not work on my phone and I may not be able to do certain things(I may not respond to messages while on my phone for this reason).

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-01-11 06:38:36 — Link

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-03 11:11:14 — Link

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-19 08:59:57 — Link

Can be deleted.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-03-19 17:47:01 — Link

HOLD BAJEEZUS BATMAN! IF THAT THING IS APPROVED I MUST HAVE IT! I SIMPLY MUST!

You have no idea how much I love and need it.... It is intense... as you can see. 

Would you like me to remove your extra posts? I can :)

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-19 21:09:11 — Link

It had been approved! I want all my drawings to look like that but it would take many, many, many hours and I hardly have that sort of attention to spend on one drawing before I want to start another. This one got finished because of its antlers and floofy hair! Maybe I will try it on the red tail roc skin im putting together.

And yes please remove them, my now un-needed post have been annoying me.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-03-20 00:02:43 — Link

All set! I left one extra one incase you find you need it. I can delete it too. :)

Yay! I may have to breed a unicorn that is up to snuff. Most of my War ones have Greek names. The others are degen. This gives me a good excuse to breed more! :)

• Dobby
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-29 10:43:38 — Link

Monues, all your skins are surprisingly so amazing! I like it how you have your very own style. :)

• moonshadows
  • User

Posted at 2016-06-17 01:38:16 — Link

Awesome skins!!

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2016-07-12 20:26:47 — Link

I used the galloping roan on my second-best unicorn <33

Will you be doing different colour unicorns? I wouldn't mind a white one... And a blood bay with black legs, mane and tail...

When I say white, I kind of like the black points on this andalusian, for example, but I'm not fussy ^_^

We could talk about payment over pm?

I'm in love with this mane:

Random acts of senseless kindness.

« Prev | 1 2 3 | Next »