Terms and Conditions
"The Site" is defined as this website, https://beastkeeper.com and its affiliates. "Site Staff" are defined as any individual or group of individuals acting as an Officer of the site to moderate the forums, private messages, and other areas of public discourse.
Description of Service
The Site provides users with access to a collection of writings, images, videos, and other content through its network of properties which may be accessed, uploaded, and modified through any various medium or device. You also understand and agree that the service may include advertisements and that these advertisements are required to maintain the service. You understand and agree that the service is provided "as is" and The Site assumes no responsibilities for the timelines, deletion, miss-delivery, or failure to store any resource.
A username and e-mail address are collected at the time you register for this service. Along with that information, you are asked to provide other things, including but not limited to your name, age, and various other contact addresses. Your e-mail address will not be disclosed without your consent, however, all other information is provided with the intention of being shown to other users of the service. You agree to provide valid and accurate personal information when using the Site.
The Site will set and access cookies on your computer. The information stored therein is used for managing your access to certain areas on the site and establishing your identity.
The Site may log any information from an incoming request, including, but not limited to, the client IP address, referring URL, and/or user agent string.
The Site does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide services you have requested, when we have your permission, or in response to a court order or subpoena.
The Site uses Google Analytics tracking code to support Display Advertising and collect the data for Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting in order to analyze 3rd-party audience data to get a clear view of the target audience and improve the game experience in accordance with this data. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings.
You are solely responsible for the ensuring that your password remains confidential and shall take all necessary steps to ensure your password remains confidential, in particular in order to prevent a third party from usurping your identity or account.
The Site Staff may terminate access to an account at any time for any reason without notification. All inquiries regarding account termination should be directed to email@example.com by an affected party.
You understand that all writings, images, videos, audio clips, and other resources transmitted are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated. The Site does not control the content provided by this service and does not guarantee its accuracy, integrity, or quality. You may be exposed to content which you deem to be indecent, objectionable, or otherwise offensive. While Site Staff make an effort to remove material that may be deemed offensive or illegal, under no circumstance will The Site or Site Staff be liable for such content.
- upload, post, or otherwise transmit any content that is unlawful in the United States or under international law
- upload, post, or otherwise transmit works protected by copyright or trademark except in cases of fair use, parody, or other exceptions provided by relevant laws
- upload, post, or otherwise transmit "spam" material
- upload, post, or otherwise transmit material which, in Site Staff's estimation, is harmful, abusive, harassing, threatening, malicious, defamatory, libelous, untruthful, pornographic, pedophilic, obscene, vulgar, racist, xenophobic, liable to incite hatred, sexually explicit, violent
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk or threaten any person, or infringe any other party's rights
- attempt to access another user's account or impersonate a user without their consent
- attempt to circumvent any protection system or "hack" The Site or a user
You acknowledge that The Site and Site Staff do not prescreen content and cannot be held liable for materials of a prohibited nature.
Access to The Site is free, except for Gold Coins. All Internet access and communication costs incurred for access to The Site are the user's responsibility.
Anyone may register to access The Site regardless of their age. However minors may only register if they have obtained the permission of their parents or guardians.
As Site Staff is technically unable to verify the age of the users, Site Staff warns parents and guardians of the risks inherent to the visiting of The Site, as well as the discussion forum which may be accessed through the https://beastkeeper.com website. It is the responsibility of parents and guardians to make under age users aware of these risks, and to implement an appropriate parental control system.
One account per user
Each user may only register once for The Site, and may only hold one Account.
It is strictly prohibited for one user to register more than one Account, to use an Account opened by another user, or to use the username of another user in a fraudulent manner.
The opening of several Accounts by the same user or the fraudulent use of another user's Account or username may result in the suspension of the user's account, and the user being prohibited from accessing the The Site from any account.
Users are allowed to share their accounts with other users. Such shared account is considered to be one account, and users are prohibited to have additional accounts.
- The Site,
- The database, and in particular its structure,
- All information, elements of know-how, specification documents and more generally all elements for the creation of The Site,
- The intellectual property rights over all elements for the creation of The Site, irrespective of whether they are graphic or technical,
- Trademarks, patents, names, acronyms, logos, colours, graphics, or other signs which may be used, created or implemented by Site Staff in the framework of The Site.
User therefore undertakes not to reproduce the elements referred to in the paragraph above in any way, either directly or indirectly, and not to alter the trademarks, patents, names, acronyms, logos, colours, graphics, or other signs appearing on the elements provided by Site, and more generally to use or exploit these elements other than in the framework of the application of the present Terms.
No user may use all or part of a work of which they are not the author (text, photographs, videos, data, logos, images or other) in the framework of The Site, without express authorisation from the author, its beneficiaries or assigns.
Anatomical dragon reference by Eugene Arenhaus and Jennifer Walker was used for creation of the Site dragon skins with the permission of the authors. All the rights for original Anatomical dragon reference artwork belong to its authors.
The Site is built upon the KittoKittoKitto framework created by Nicholas 'OwlManAtt' Evans.
The tactics icons are using the graphics from http://game-icons.net.
Adult Lykos base is created by Whiluna.
Ahool, Akhlut, Crocotta, Dingonek, Emelaceras, Myrmecoleon, Raiju, Umdhlebi and Woolly Unicorn monster bases are created by Hayley Dubay.
Transfer of intellectual property rights
- The right to reproduce and to represent the creations made in the framework of The Site (this includes but not limited to the "Rainbow Jar" mechanism, official art contests, user-created text quests etc.), as well as the right to grant other users the right to use these creations in the exclusive framework of The Site, for the full period of the copyright, as is or may be provided by current or future legislation, worldwide.
- The right to make any alterations which are technically required to enable the rights to be exercised in other media and using different technical processes, in particular in order to convert the data into a digital format before being uploaded.
- For the reproduction right: the right to create any number of reproductions all or part of the creations on any known or unknown, current or future media, in particular on any optical, digital, paper, disc, network, disk, electronic, DVD, CD, CDI, CD-ROM, Internet, Extranet, "i-mode", Wap, etc. this list not being exhaustive. Site Staff reserves the right to reproduce all or part of the creations in order to use them for other games or electronic or audiovisual communications services,
- For the right to adapt: the right to adapt all or part of the creations, on any media indicated in the present article, and in any format of computer files, either known or unknown at the present time, the right to assemble them or integrate all or part of them in pre-existing or future works and on any media indicated in the present article. The right to adapt them also extends to the right to translate or modify the creations in whole or in part in any language, and the right to reproduce the resulting translations, on any media indicated in the present article,
- For the representation right: the right to broadcast all or part of the creations on any media, and using any method, known or unknown at present, and in particular by any telecommunications network, Internet, Intranet, Extranet, Wap etc, this list not being exhaustive, directly or indirectly, by any tele-broadcasting method in any format,
- Distribution right: the marketing for free or for value, including rental and the price of creations and their adaptation by any process and on any media, known or unknown at the present time, irrespective of the destination, for any public, without limitation, as well as the right to reassign to any third party, in whole or in part, in any format, and in particular by transfer, licence, or any type of contract, in any form, all or part of the rights transferred either on a temporary or definitive basis,
- The right to reassign to third party, in whole or in part, in any format, and in particular by transfer, licence, or any type of contract, in any form, all or part of the rights transferred either on a temporary or definitive basis,.
Site Staff undertakes to indicate the name of the user, author of the creation, as well as the title of the creation, wherever possible on the basis of the technical conditions.
The Site offers virtual products in the form of "Gold Coins". By submitting a transaction for "Gold Coins", you agree that you are authorized to use the account you are sending the payment from.
By purchasing "Gold Coins" you realize that the purchase is non-refundable. Because a chargeback removes funds from the Site, incurring one will cause a permanent ban on the appropriate account until the chargeback amount is repaid. The user submitting the charge is responsible for all payments incurred by themselves in the purchase of "Gold Coins". You agree that The Site and Site Staff is not liable or responsible for charges made from either bank or credit card providers in association with the transactions you submit.
Users who attempt to issue a Paypal charge-back on "Gold Coins" purchases will have their account suspended.
Because this service is provided free of charge, there is no warranty for the service to the extent permitted by applicable laws. This service is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through use of this service is accessed at your own risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of such data that results from the download of any such material.
No advise or information obtained by you from The Site shall create any warranty not expressly stated in this terms of service document.
Limitation of Liability
You understand and agree that Site Staff and The Site, its officers, employees, and partners shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplar damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from the inability to use the service, unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmission or data, statements or conduct of any third-party on the service, or any other matter relating to the service.
Notice for Parents and Guardians
It is the responsibility of parents and guardians to monitor the activities of minor players when they surf the Internet, in particular participate in public forums, send private messages, etc. so as to:
- Reduce the risk of exposure to content that is illegal or likely to be offensive.
- Avoid minor players giving out information that might enable someone to identify, locate, or contact them directly (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, etc.).
- Avoid any unauthorized payments perfomed by minor players.
We recommend that parents use parental control software.
Notice of Changes to this Agreement
Site Staff reserves the right to modify the terms of this agreement at any time. We agree to give notice by means of a posting in the 'News' area on the website, and that it is your responsibility to read these notices. Your continued use of the service implies that you agree to the revised terms of service document. Stylistic changes to this terms of service document do not require notification.