Posted at 2013-02-22 03:47:01 — Link

Can we take away lines on the PSD?

Can we add lines?

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-22 04:03:48 — Link

Sorry for the delayed reply, just get out of bugs and explanations pile, and I didn't have the electricity for the half of day.

1) Does the custom base have to fit the site's style? I mean, can we draw some chibi dragons with big eyes and fluff?

You can draw in any style you like. The only demand is a high-quality result.

2) finally found a question I couldn't answer by reading stuff, so I see that there are special lines for the babies... are those allowed to be made into skins as well?

No, babies can't have custom skins.

3) Does the site gain rights to an image if we use it as a skin?

Yes. The site will gain the right to reproduce your artwork in the framework of the site and for the game advertisment purposes (for example, posting the artwork in game Facebook group, crediting author's game nickname with link to the authours profile). Of course, you save the rights to use this work in non-commercial purposes. The only restriction is using it in the frameworks of other sites which have similar mechanisms, even if they are free of charge there - this can cause copyright problems between BeastKeeper and these other sites.

In exchange of this the artist gets compensation with the Gold Coins if the skin will be used by other users. If the skin wasn't used by anyone and not based on the site artwork, the artist can delete this artwork from our database and the site won't have the rights for this artwork anymore.

4) If I draw a dragon and upload it as a skin can I still use the base for personal (but not professional or commercial) use?

For example, could I sell adoptable made using my base, (not a modification of one of your pets but original art,) for other site currency on other sites? Nothing that would potentially get this site in trouble with copyrights, like selling the base to another site for official use, just little things.

Yes, you can. It will be a new artwork. The site doesn't gain the rights for your linearts and all alterations of them.

5) Also, besides being a cash item, just how accessible is the item that allows pet images to be switched going to be? I'm very interested in this feature and possibly doing some skins but not if it will be too limited.

If to say of getting a Rainbow Jar without paying real money, it will be available trough Events. There's a small chance to get Rainbow Jar from treasure chests on the islands and from the gold quests. Also we have ways to get Gold Coins without paying cash, so there's always a way to get a couple of Rainbow Jars for every player. But the main statement here will be that we're still on Beta. We're testing everything now and trying to figure out the balance. We don't want to undervalue the work of artists. If we will see that there's not enough motivation for artists or not enough Rainbow Jars in the game, we will increase the chances of getting it without paying cash. We're not greedy enough to be stupid :)

6) Would we be allowed to post our skins on devinantart as long as we credit Angel and link back here?

Of course :)

7) Can we take away lines on the PSD? Can we add lines?

You can make any changes you like.

• Cheese
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 00:28:47 — Link

I have a question about the skins. I'd like to change my most important Puma on here to some cool skin, but what I'm wondering is if I have to keep it specifically "puma" or if I could do something like this:

I sketched that out as it's the general form of what I'd like to use. Would changing my Puma to a lion work fine or what are the restrictions of uploading a new skin? Can it be something completely unique but still feline, as the Puma is. Or do I have to use the original Puma lines and just add to that to make a skin?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-23 01:42:49 — Link

Cheese, the lion is totally OK, and personally I think that this lineart is terrific and ideally fits game pumas :) Pumas can be considered a lion species even in real life. In the game reality, any cat species will do for pumas. The only restriction is to make it a recognizable cat without any additional body parts (like wings, additional heads etc.).

• Cheese
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 01:55:04 — Link

Thank you Angel. :D I can't wait to make him now that I know it's acceptable. Skins are able to be shared with users right? I'd like to share it with others users as well because...well, lions are awesome. xD

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-23 01:58:37 — Link

Yes, you can share the skin with other users.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-02-23 17:34:46 — Link

Is this okay?

I read about the doodlecorn.. I can't see the image that it was.. I'm hoping these lines are good enough. o.0 -worried- I did actually spend a lot of time on it... lineart is not my strong suit... I made sure the lines varied in thickness in some areas though! I didn't like it with thin lines- didn't seem to fit the style I was going for. If you want me to shade it just let me know... I can do that but it may look weird with the theme I'm going for...

Question: Do you require shading?

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-02-23 20:14:21 — Link

Is it because of the wings that it isn't accepted yet? Aww :'( so sad.

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• lakaishia
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-23 21:10:47 — Link

So we can't do wings on a unicorn?

Or Lion's mane on a gryphon?

Will there be an item or the ability to do that later in the game? (Wants to do BK versions of her chars)

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-23 22:10:43 — Link

Nightingale, the lines are fine, but please remove the wings.

lakaishia, you're right, winged unicorns aren't allowed. But you can make a griffin with a mane if it still looks like griffin. Our Gryphons are a cross between birds and cats (different birds and different cats, not only birds of prey and big cats), so I think that mane is an acceptable variation. As an example of unacceptable modification I can name a hippogriff skin instead of griffin.

Why do we have this rule: we plan to introduce new pet species to BeastKeeper in future (first static species like we have now, and a more long-term purpose is to make a custom species constructor) and don't want the user to be confused about what species does a certain pet has.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-02-24 03:06:58 — Link

Okay :) Can I keep the heart? I didn't know if I liked the wings anyway :/ I just wanted to add more sparkles. I guess it makes it "un-unicony" and more pegasus.

FIXED!

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-02-24 04:14:49 — Link

Nightingale, accepted :) Any accesories are ok, the restriction concerns only body parts.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-02-24 04:28:20 — Link

Thank you!! :)

Q. Does it have to be the same species as what I uploaded it as? I'm guessing no because of species specific traits and all..

• blueBird
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-24 12:26:04 — Link

Would a Gryphon with a lion's body and only wings of a bird be accepted?

• BlackVulpix
  • User

Posted at 2013-02-25 07:47:07 — Link

What's the restriction on the cockatrice then? According to lore, a Cockatrice is a hybridization of a Rooster and a Snake and there are many interpretations as to what that can be/look like since it isn't an actual creature and therefore has no set look.

In other words, does a Custom-Skinned Cockatrice have to look specifically like the Cockatrice on-site or be our own interpretation of the mythological creature.

« Prev | 1 2 3 ... 36 37 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla