Boards < General < Creative < Sticky: Ask a Moderator

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 17 18 19 ... 36 37 | Next »

• LadyoftheForest
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-19 02:37:51 — Link

Hello @Angel, I was just now able to upload my Kelpie Custom for final approval.  I have had severe internet connection issues due to all the wind and snow we have had. 

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-03-25 02:24:47 — Link

Hey Angel, 

Can I ask why these were rejected? I think some of my skins were set to 248 x 250 accidentally... I made sure that nothing was hanging off the edge of the image. If it was a matter of my crazy sizing, disregard my messages below the image. 

I'm not sure, but is the reasoning that they aren't centered? I didn't think the main body of the critter had to be centered. I figured it was the pet in general. The point of this one is that the gryphon is stretched out, and taking up space.

This one is also centered as an image. The body itself isn't because he is all streched in flight. 

I think the one was way off in size.. I have fixed it. Let me know if there is another thing to do with this one. 

Leave my current requests up and I'll put back to 350 x 350 and I'll chage the file tonight! Thanks!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-03-25 10:01:03 — Link

Nightingale, you're right, they were rejected because of size. Just a reminder, we have 350x350, not 250x250. 

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-03-25 13:14:55 — Link

Ack! I had that number in my head from another project. I will change the file size on the images already uploaded when I am home. *headdesk* Silly me

Please my current requests up and I'll put back to 350 x 350 and I'll chage the file tonight! 

Normally I create a blank .PSD and I copy all my files onto it and save from there when I am doing mass uploads. I'll fix them :)

Thanks!

EDIT: All uploaded ^^

• daisy2944
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-26 22:39:17 — Link

Is it possible to do a base only allowed for deviants??  I have a deviant graying modifier and would like to give him a C Skin but dont want to take the fluffiness away.  I would do this only on pattern deviants because I dont want to take the color away.

I was asking because I:

Didnt want to go against the rules

Didnt want it to allow people to give a devaint look to a normal pet

Didnt want to get half way thru then find out

Thanks!

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-03-27 19:45:49 — Link

We don't have deviant-only custom skins, and there are no deviant image bases available for downloading. Although it's possible to make a private skin and use it only for deviants with a certain color or pattern.

• Rising_Phoenix
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-31 13:14:30 — Link

Are we allowed to use online photoshopping? Like Ribbet?

~Rising like a Phoenix from the ashes~

Idiom of the Phoenix.

• Nyamphora
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-01 03:40:00 — Link

Greetings! I read the rules for submiting a custom skin, it says that moderators have the right to ask me for sources of inspiration to check if my work is mine, what if I made it up of my own mind? is it valid?

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-04-01 05:22:24 — Link

@Rising_Phoenix - If the online image editor allows you to save as a .PNG with the proper specifications on a transparent background, and everything follows the rules- You should be fine. I know several users that do this.

@Nyamphora - Angel, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is to make sure that users submissions are original creations and do not copy others works. It would only be asked for if there was an issue. If this is a creation out of your head then even progression images will do. I save progress and upload it as I go. For an instance where someone claims that art is copied or traced then you would need to produce something that showed that the creation was yours alone (progressions) or photos of reference (that allows use as reference) and not traces.

Since most of my skins are actually comissions I usually upload progressions to my Photobucket account and message them to users or post them on my Skin Shop thread. This would be my paper trail if anyone ever said my work was stolen from elsewhere. I would be able to show that this work was in fact created by me. 

I think there is more than that, I'm sure Angel will have more to add... But that's the jist of it I think. Of course original art from your own mind is valid! Even encouraged! We love unique and interesting skins, so feel free to submit them!

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-04-01 19:15:57 — Link

Nyamphora, Nightingale is completely right, I have nothing to add. I ask for refernces and progress only when I want to avoid copyright infringement and to be sure that the skin isn't a copy of an existing artwork or photo. It would be weird to ask for references if they weren't used at all. And I confirm that we welcome original skins and would love to see your creations added to game!

• Rising_Phoenix
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-01 23:23:26 — Link

What's the best art program WITHOUT having to register and download, and is suitable for a beginner?

~Rising like a Phoenix from the ashes~

Idiom of the Phoenix.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-04-02 01:34:06 — Link

Thanks Angel! Much appreciated :) 

I also look forward to your skins Nyamphora11

@Rising_Phoenix- I would recommend checking out the sites listed here. There aer some programs listed, but I would suggest trying here first. I know of another program and will ask the user what they use and have it listed. 

Most programs are for download, or at least registration. It would make sense if the site had a registration option so that you could save progress :)

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/5917

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-02 21:05:04 — Link

Are Throdamas with more than two eyes allowed? Many insects have more than two eyes, so it would be okay for an insect like Throdama to as well?

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• avanteTemido
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-02 22:56:34 — Link

Hello.. today i've submitted my first skin and it was rejected

this was the purposed skin, an astral lion. I had to use a mouse because my tablet recently went k0 and I cannot use it anymore.
Could you please give me an explanation on why it was rejected? I really wish to use it, so i'll try to adjust everything.

EDIT

i've uploaded it as a png and yet is showing me a white background. i'm using paint tool sai. how can i avoid it?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-04-02 23:51:00 — Link

Monues, yes, such things like eyes, their number and placement can be altered to your liking. 

avanteTemido, the only problem is white background. SAI is a popular tool, so I'm pretty sure that it allows to work with transparency. Maybe try checking inbuilt help or googling this issue?

« Prev | 1 2 ... 17 18 19 ... 36 37 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla