Boards < General < Creative < Sticky: Ask a Moderator

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 18 19 20 ... 36 37 | Next »

• NyanGirl1313
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-02 23:56:25 — Link

Hi, I was wondering if something like this would be accepted as a throdama skin, I just made a rough sketch that i will be scaning into photoshop or something and make it into a skin as I don't have a drawing tablet. It would be without my signature of course. http://m.imgur.com/nsOOdQP

Edit: Skin is finished and uploaded. It is called NyanGirl's Lilac 

-NyanGirl1313

"She was like the moon, part of her was always hidden" 

• avanteTemido
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-03 10:32:45 — Link

Angel, I found out my version of sai is outdated. I really didn't know this and lost half an hour deleting every particle to make it fully functional when transparent  and then i got trolled.

when i have time i'll use something like gimp and make it trasparent

i feel sort of betrayed by sai

• Dobby
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-08 18:05:59 — Link

Hello, :) I'm a bit nervous about my first EVER custom skin as I'm not sure if there is anything wrong with it. I'd like to be informed if there's any mistake. ^_^

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-04-08 21:01:32 — Link

avanteTemido  - I may be able to fix that for you. I'll send you a PM. 

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-04-11 22:24:32 — Link

NyanGirl1313, maybe try vector Pen tool (or its analogue depending on the software that you use) for the outlines? This is the easiest way to create a clean outline from the sketch, especially when you don't have a tablet. Also some basic shapes at the sketching stage may help building the proper anatomy. Some quick spheres and sticks may have a long way and are usually enough to build a skeleton that will form a proper shape (for example, like in this horse tutorial).

New-moon, I'd suggest working on the pattern a bit more :) Same sized and shaped blurred dots look unnatural. Body coloring doesn't get in the gaps where it should be and appears on the parts where it shouldn't be. Making it more detailed and tidy will benefit the skin a lot.

• Dobby
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-12 20:04:42 — Link

Oh, well, I guess I'll have to get back to work. :/ But thanks anyways, Angel! :)

• sami1359
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-21 21:45:02 — Link

what am i doing wrong with my skins that i submitted?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-04-22 10:52:51 — Link

sami1359, please check the links that you got with the automatic refusal messages. Unfortunately, your skins doesn't comply neither with tech nor with quality requirements. There's a lot of problems like non-transparent background, base distortion and blurring, improper use of colors and patterns etc.

• NyanGirl1313
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-24 23:33:54 — Link

Hi, can I ask why most of my custom base skins are still pending? I uploaded my first one a really long time ago, it was rejected, then I made some small adjustments and uploaded it again, it has been pending since March. I uploaded a bunch of throdama skins and a puma a few weeks ago and they are still pending. How long does it usually take for them to be accepted? The skins on question are NyanGirl's Holly tree, NyanGirl's Royalty, NyanGirl's Lilac and Doodle aether dragon.

-NyanGirl1313

"She was like the moon, part of her was always hidden" 

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-04-26 10:39:41 — Link

NyanGirl1313, please check my reply above, this was the resolution for all skins of such type. Unfortunately, I can't approve artworks like these until anatomy and shaky lines are fixed in some way. 

• lamarqueisdead
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-27 07:13:37 — Link

Hey Angel, I have a question about design influence.

Let's say I want to create a skin based on a monster that appears in Dungeons and Dragons (e.g. the yeth hound or blink dog). While a lot of monsters in that game are based on other stories, some have uncertain origins and may have been created solely for the game.

Would it be OK to base a skin on a monster that appears in D&D or would that breach copyright law? If I were to, would I have to pick a monster already based in mythology or could I use a monster of which I do not know the origin?

(Also factoring in using a design similar to the one that appears in the Monster Manuals themselves. While monsters may have real stories attached to them, their design varies between myth and manual.) 

I'm sorry, the signature that you are attempting to reach is not available. Please leave a message at the tone. *beep*

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-04-27 11:05:37 — Link

Wizards of the Coast have all their content copyrighted. So if the design is easily recognized as their creation, this would be a copyright infringement. Although if the creature originates from the myths and legends, you may use it to design a skin. They have lindworms which aren't their sole property and originate from Norse legends. But at at the same time they have beholders that were created solely for D&D. So everything depends on the creature that you choose. As for your example, yeth hound has quite generic appearance and I'd say that any hell hound may look like this. Skinny otherworldy sinister hounds appear in many systems, lores and games. So I don't see any problems with taking it as an inspiration for a skin.

• lamarqueisdead
  • User

Posted at 2015-04-27 18:49:22 — Link

Okay, thank you!

I'm sorry, the signature that you are attempting to reach is not available. Please leave a message at the tone. *beep*

• lamarqueisdead
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-08 01:46:24 — Link

Another question. Would making a Roc resemble a phoenix (i.e. red feathers, fiery details) be against the rules? A phoenix is a different species than a roc but the roc is all we have right now in terms of true bird species.

Forgive me if this question has already been answered. I have looked through all the pages of this topic before but do not remember every question and answer.

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-08 20:00:44 — Link

Alright, I have a question. My latest skin, Youthful Iridescence, was rejected. I'm wondering why. It is another version of my skin Iridescent Glass but was made using the baby Unicorn base. Having young looking skins isn't a problem I know, since there are other skins depicting the species as babies, like Monues' Puma Cubs and Unicorn Foals, so is there just a rule about using the baby form of the species that is used for them here on bk? I don't think there were any technical issues with the skin that would have caused problems.

http://beastkeeper.com/resources/pets/unicorn/color_5065.png

« Prev | 1 2 ... 18 19 20 ... 36 37 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla