Boards < General < General Chat < Beast Keeper Rants!

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 73 74 75 | Next »

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2023-11-28 13:20:56 — Link

Maybe try messaging Angel directly? With the war in Ukraine and everything...

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• Sheliak
  • User

Posted at 2024-01-20 10:33:57 — Link

There's something rather nervewracking about being online and Battlefielding at the same time as one's opponent. 

• Miaooo
  • User

Posted at 2024-02-17 00:22:00 — Link

Idk why but I can't attach screenshots

The definition of getting your hopes up:

First round: blizzard, blizzard, blizzard, leadership

Second round: counterstrike, counterstrike, counterstrike, deadly frost

Third round: wait, wait, blizzard, wait

Fourth round: blizzard, wait, wait, wait

Compare the two halves and you get stark contrast.

Je suis uno banana. Don't question me should you wish to avoid becoming even more confusturated.

• Russaria
  • User

Posted at 2024-04-09 20:39:05 — Link

Fenris_Hawke (#43432) wrote:

My one rant - the economy - People charging outlandish fees for basic objects. Who needs 60 stable scrolls for 100 pieces of wood? Where is the logic in this? I wondered years ago why I dropped this game and it's because of the lack of balance. There is no balance that makes logical sense. 

Players need to start being reasonable because it feels like this game has all but been abandoned - and likely because it has. I'd love to see it flourish, but players need to make that happen. I remember playing years ago, back in 2015 and hoping to make this a permanent game. That lasted all of maybe a few months. 

I come back once in a while, but at this point, the economy seems all but - dare I say - dead? 

Have to agree it is pretty shocking, me and my freinds all came back in the last couple months and things are pretty shocking, we all really love this game and do a lot of group projects. But wow, things like 1 account with 40+ squads on it (what's is up with that) controlling almost the whole battlefield, BOTH of them. Very few pets on sale, or being bought, seemingly only a couple folks seriously improving the gene pool. Can't seem to view the weekly charts anymore. I've always said one big problem is the premium price, just won't work in this day and age, even the hugest genetic game (Pony Island) only charges 14$ for 6 month premium.I did notice all the trades being used OBVIOUSLY as storage (Why? No one is here...lol, I'm sure you could use all thiose supplies to help other active players instead of harding them). It is certainly a wonderful game worth SAVING, But it's the active players who have to do it, recruit new players, help them out, balance the market, breed some good pets to sell, put up some fair supply trades with reasonable buyouts. Want to save the game, only you can do it. At least we're all back to stay awhile, redo our squads, improve the gene pool and try to have some fun. Game only dies if you give up on it and let it. JS 

• RhiannonDaxx
  • User

Posted at 2024-04-09 23:07:10 — Link

Here's one I think you missed. If you do get the weekly top list page to come up, as it does seem to be working at the moment. That Arena Battle list looks shady AF. I suppose the rant would be dependant upon how it works. If it is the top 10 Beastlords/Accounts that make the list then it would be okay I suppose.

However, someone correct me if I am wrong as it would relieve me, I have a feeling that is not how it works, and that it is instead the top 10 beasts period. If that is the case you have one account dumping a huge amount of extreme pets into the arena taking every spot nearly from 2 to 200. If it works that way it means approx 7-8 slots are going unrewarded. I say that because surely the same account is not getting the reward 8-9 times a week? Ths leaves, as I said, 7-8 slots going unrewarded at all. 

Please don't tell me you think this encourages good will or a feeling of fair play. Granted I am not sure how it works, but if it is the top 10 beasts then that person is basically shutting the entire playerbase out of any rewards, encouragement, excitement or feeling of accomplishment for their time and effort. Unnlike the top spot winner (right now) who seems to only place 1 super beast in there to win the reward. It is things like this that make up the pieces of the puzzle as to why this game suffers a player drought. Perhaps you should breed a few of those superbeasts and place them resonably on the makert? Maybe someone could actually crack the top 100 with 1 animal sometime? Not to mention the top 10, as the top player shows by GOOD example, it only takes 1 of your superbeasts in the top 10 to win you one of the reward slots right? Do you "need" the other 100 slots from 2 on down? Wouldn't placing 2nd with one beast get you the same thing, while allowing 8 others to also vie for a spot?

• BellaMarsha
  • User

Posted at 2024-04-10 05:49:05 — Link

For my "nobody" 2 cents. Those 2 accounts controlling both Battlefields with 50 "super squads" each is something I have never seen allowed in any online game I've ever played.  Perhaps a more fair situation would be a limit of 3 squads per account on the battlefield or something somehow more appropriately fair. All I'm saying.

• Miaooo
  • User

Posted at 2024-04-12 23:50:56 — Link

RhiannonDaxx (#28951) wrote:

However, someone correct me if I am wrong as it would relieve me, I have a feeling that is not how it works, and that it is instead the top 10 beasts period. If that is the case you have one account dumping a huge amount of extreme pets into the arena taking every spot nearly from 2 to 200. If it works that way it means approx 7-8 slots are going unrewarded. I say that because surely the same account is not getting the reward 8-9 times a week? Ths leaves, as I said, 7-8 slots going unrewarded at all. 

I'm pretty sure I have gotten two rewards of the same category in one week, not sure if there's a limit or if it's up to 10 though. If there's none then that's 100 gc per week...

If it is up to 10, at least that explains the amount of squads some players are able to afford... come to think of it isn't it a vicious cycle? Because of the battlefield rankings?

Je suis uno banana. Don't question me should you wish to avoid becoming even more confusturated.

• BobbyMcGee
  • User

Posted at 2024-04-16 03:55:49 — Link

Miaooo (#97648) wrote:
RhiannonDaxx (#28951) wrote:

I'm pretty sure I have gotten two rewards of the same category in one week, not sure if there's a limit or if it's up to 10 though. If there's none then that's 100 gc per week...

If it is up to 10, at least that explains the amount of squads some players are able to afford... come to think of it isn't it a vicious cycle? Because of the battlefield rankings?

I think you're right, I know someone who has landed more than 1 animal in the top Arena list. They were under lvl 50 and he didn't do it on purpose  They got the 10 gold reward for each animal, so I do believe a person could take all 10 spots and get the 100 you mention if they tried or dumped the right animals in there. If accidentally (Just training all your animals below 50).Then it's just a lucky occurabce, if instead it's intentionally dumping a bunch of lvl 50 supers in the arena to do that, then that would be quite un-nice.  I don't see a problem with having a 5-10 group of lvl 50 Gladitors you play to try to get a spot in the top 10, that's the point of the arena and competatin (As well as training) after all. But yeah, dumping an account full of lvl 50 supers to take all the spots would be pretty shady.IMO.

• ChrisWebb
  • User

Posted at 2024-04-18 12:23:00 — Link

That arena list should be changed to the top 10 beastlords as opposed to animals to stop exploitatioin. not perfect but would solve that problem, much to the exploiter's chagrin I imagine.JS. I'd prefer the beasts, but since it's not being used fairly it seems like the best answer. 

• BellaMarsha
  • User

Posted at 2024-04-28 09:13:51 — Link

ChrisWebb (#45308) wrote:

That arena list should be changed to the top 10 beastlords as opposed to animals to stop exploitatioin. not perfect but would solve that problem, much to the exploiter's chagrin I imagine.JS. I'd prefer the beasts, but since it's not being used fairly it seems like the best answer. 

yeah , pretty much every person I've tried to het to stay here leaves within weeks once they see  the situation, the 3 or 4 extreme exploit cheaters (Let's face it, that's just the ugly truth, and their names are as easy to see as just looking in the battlefield, the arena top list and in the market lisrtings they use to store enough materials to last for 5 years they accumulated just sitting on the field tiles with their 75 squads) Never seen antyihng like it in a game before, or more correctly, I've never seen like it allowed in a game before..  

• Aido
  • User

Posted at 2024-04-28 12:49:54 — Link

Not all those players who get to top of arena list are "cheaters". It's easy to get there while training pets, especially when this site is quiet and only couple players play regularly every day. Same goes with trades list, which is much more chance of what is wanted at that time.

The battlefield is super difficult. I have given up on that side bc that.

♡ Cockatrices 4 Life ♡

~ English isn't my first language so I might do mistakes ~

• RhiannonDaxx
  • User

Posted at 2024-04-28 21:22:46 — Link

Aido (#10723) wrote:

Not all those players who get to top of arena list are "cheaters". It's easy to get there while training pets, especially when this site is quiet and only couple players play regularly every day. Same goes with trades list, which is much more chance of what is wanted at that time.

Agreed, I don't think they meant every one on the lists, luck is a factor and participation as you said.

IMO, it's only really the Arena battle top list and the Battlefield that is super exploited. ESPECIALLY the Battlefield. I agree that those couple people doing that in the battlefield are the main problem and the main cause of the "Giving up" of most new players. I see zero reason for it personally, To keep 50+ squads in there and sit on those Vermillion tiles for years is pretty awful and obvious and serves no real purpose considering how much they have stockpiled. Honestly seems to sevre only one purpose imo, to run everyone else off. lol. I'm certainly not impressed and I don't think no one else is either. it only causes discord and bad vibes in the game to be honest.

Lets put it this way, as far as me, as a fairplay gamer goes, if I had 50K premium gold, and hundreds of thousands of verillium stockpiled from sitting on the battlefield hot spots and topping the arena lists for years. I'd probably give the battlefield a rest and do some breeding projects or something. It just doesn't give me any good gaming porps to have that kind of reputation. But maybe that's just me. lol.   

Oh and to be ultra honest, this kind of exploitation IS cheating by any game I've ever seen. The major CHEATER (Because that's just the plain ugly truth) is all over the first battlefield right now. It's why this game is vuirtually dead, and no one in their right mind would financially support it, because it would be supproting this behavior. js

• JamieDouglas90
  • User

Posted at 2024-04-29 08:17:09 — Link

RhiannonDaxx (#28951) wrote:
Aido (#10723) wrote:

Oh and to be ultra honest, this kind of exploitation IS cheating by any game I've ever seen. The major CHEATER (Because that's just the plain ugly truth) is all over the first battlefield right now. It's why this game is vuirtually dead, and no one in their right mind would financially support it, because it would be supproting this behavior. js

Oh wow, that is shady AF. Never seen anything like that. WHy doesn't the owner try to save the game and do something about that?

• BellaMarsha
  • User

Posted at 2024-04-29 09:49:49 — Link

JamieDouglas90 (#99965) wrote:
RhiannonDaxx (#28951) wrote:

Oh wow, that is shady AF. Never seen anything like that. WHy doesn't the owner try to save the game and do something about that?

It doesn't seem so, those 2, the Sheliak one that has most tiles on the main BF and then that Iamel one who has almost every tile on the mirror BF are the 2 biggest cheaters in the game. Not much that can be done to my knowledge, all a player can do as far as I can see is not breed with any of their animals or buy any items from them but I doubt they would care or give it a second thought.. But that's about it. When the game can no longer support itself and goes under completely, maybe they'll be happy finally and feel "cool".and "Accomplished". .  

And in case anyone is confused or offended by such a statement. 

"Exploiting is generally considered cheating by the gaming community and gaming industry at large due to the unfair advantage usually gained by the exploiter. Most software developers of online games prohibit exploiting in their terms of service and often issue sanctions against players found to be exploiting."

The above is why most newcomers can say they've never seen anything like what is going on here with these 2-3 "cheating" accounts. And why this game is getting no financial support, no new player retention and dying. A real shame as the game can be such fun.

• Russaria
  • User

Posted at 2024-04-29 22:29:38 — Link

No there isn't much to do when the site manager has given up. As far as players, aside from of course giving no financial support. Those Battlefield cheaters have free reiign. SO other than "letting them have it" all you can do is try to keep trying. lol.

As far as the arena and that Brunklebrunt cheater and anyone like them, all you can do is not feed his animals. If you choose a Lvl 50 pet as your active pet and go into the arena you will see that LVL 50 pets are only able to fight lvl 45-50 animals, if there's no animals lvl 45-50 in the arena his animals will just sit there making no points,

So you can choose to NOT enter any of your animals after LVL 44, once they reach lvl 45 you can either use explore, crafting or questing to level them to 50. Or you can.manually choose which animals to fight with your lvl 45-50 animal and not fight his. It takes effort to fight exploit cheaters, whether you take the time to do it or not is of course up to you. 

« Prev | 1 2 ... 73 74 75 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla