Boards < General < General Chat < Beast Keeper Rants!

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 39 40 41 ... 74 75 | Next »

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-05-25 01:57:35 — Link

Lisxz - ouch, did it cause any problems? D:

I'm hesitant about breeding perfect gryphs too, it's so chaotic to try and keep track of heritage. Does anyone know the likelihood of mutations happening? Is it guaranteed or...

arete - yeah, unfortunately the robin colour is really rare. The pound (or catching) is the only way to find new unrelated ones. But it's OK, there's something charming about building up massive stocks of colours, and GP, from nothing. Will be great for breeding devs later.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-05-25 18:46:40 — Link

I'm paying 10000 in food every day. Waaaaaaaah ;_;

I hope you find your poor cock robins :)

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-05-26 21:38:01 — Link

Guess it was my turn. Accidentally inbred a gryph... got THREE bad genes. Ugh. D:

Must be more careful.

• RaptorKitty
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-02 08:30:30 — Link

A bit of a personal rant, but I'm only used to coloring griffin skins and can't get used to coloring anything else :c

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-02 19:25:42 — Link

Marans, Pantherseal had a good idea with names. If male parent X is named, say, Alpha, then any descendant will have a name either containing "Alpha" (or starting with A might be good), for example. I used to name my line of unicorns after their ancestress, Imperfect Dark. They all had Dark in their names. Then I got bored and started naming all the pets I got from Pantherseal according to her naming conventions so I could keep track of them all. Good thing they're colour-coded for my convenience x))

My lykoi descended from Newstar all have Star in their names, or are named after celestial objects. I still managed to breed Aldebaran with her grandfather, though. Ugh. ^_^

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-02 22:15:17 — Link

Lykoi... may be correct, but still makes me think of some fish-wolf hybrid monster. x)

Yes, I'm too fond of "mix parents' names into even longer, more ridiculous thing". Fantasy names are more amusing than real words. Can see how other naming conventions are more practical though.

• RaptorKitty
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-07 20:55:51 — Link

The search bar is so bad for trying to find pets. I have like 10+ unicorns with acute eyesite and they never show up when I look for them and try to see how many of my pets have it :/

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-07 22:20:17 — Link

Are the genes researched? It doesn't work if the genes aren't researched...

I have bred three silver grey deviants. They are ALL colour deviants. The one silver grey pattern dev I have bred is no longer in my stable. WHYYYYYY... did I do that ^^

**sniff**

• RaptorKitty
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-07 22:49:49 — Link

...... Omg maybe I'm just airheaded. You're right Arete, it won't show up if no researched. EVEN IF IT'S OBVIOUS LIKE A COLOR OR TYPE (remebering when I was going around asking for Passerine hand outs so I could breed them....)

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-08 14:02:38 — Link

I'm turning into a bit of a free tech support helpdesk (with Marans). Maybe we should demand payment in rainbow jars x)

(Not really)

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-08 17:56:12 — Link

I forgot to do anything with my squads yesterday. What a moron. :D

Hehe, I was wondering what to gift you next - are rainbow jars your favourite thing to collect then? I'll keep that in mind.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-08 18:32:32 — Link

Ooh you sneak. Thanks :))

I wish we had infinite stable space. We had that on Poney Vallee. Of course then they changed the art and made it a flash-based site full of clicking games, and I ran away. XD

• RaptorKitty
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-08 18:36:09 — Link

I've bred 40 or so pets recently, all passerines or owl sub types, and only one deviant out of all of those <\3 Rip my deviant luck streak.

Also, since I like spamming skins so much, what types/colors/whatever would you guys like to see in skins? ( in like a month I'll try my hand on custom skins, lord knows I can't shade them though)

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-08 20:50:57 — Link

Hmmm, I was under the impression that you could fill an area with gradient? Have you tried?

*Asking as clueless person who has no idea what they're doing*

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-08 21:02:38 — Link

Here is a huge bunch of colour schemes. Maybe some can give you ideas? :)

Something rainbowy would be nice. Like arete said, you can use gradients. Imagine colours shifting from pastel pink to blue - it could end up looking pearly.

Ah, this is making me want to try colouring the base too...

edit: wow yes this is fun

« Prev | 1 2 ... 39 40 41 ... 74 75 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla