Boards < General < Creative < Sticky: Ask a Moderator

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 29 30 31 ... 36 37 | Next »

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-12-05 21:43:07 — Link

Can you add wings to a unicorn?

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• RaptorKitty
  • User

Posted at 2017-12-06 04:40:55 — Link

No you can't Arete, as that constitutes as a pegasus, which is not a unicorn (rip not a mod)

As Spoken by Angel

Angel (#3) wrote:

Nightingale, the lines are fine, but please remove the wings.

lakaishia, you're right, winged unicorns aren't allowed. But you can make a griffin with a mane if it still looks like griffin. Our Gryphons are a cross between birds and cats (different birds and different cats, not only birds of prey and big cats), so I think that mane is an acceptable variation. As an example of unacceptable modification I can name a hippogriff skin instead of griffin.

Why do we have this rule: we plan to introduce new pet species to BeastKeeper in future (first static species like we have now, and a more long-term purpose is to make a custom species constructor) and don't want the user to be confused about what species does a certain pet has.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-12-06 09:22:11 — Link

Pooh. Ok, thanks Miss Kitty.

• TigerOfTheNorth
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-04 16:32:21 — Link

I made this skin, and I'm not really sure what I did wrong?

[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/144cjv4.png[/IMG]

• TigerOfTheNorth
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-04 16:35:08 — Link

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2018-01-04 17:01:03 — Link

TigerOfTheNorth, this skin has two issues: pixelated outline and very low contrast withing the main body shape almost turning it into a silhouette without anatomy details. 

• TigerOfTheNorth
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-04 19:50:06 — Link

Okay, thank you :)

• TigerOfTheNorth
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-04 20:18:47 — Link

Oh, by the way, do you have any tips on how to fix the pixelated outline?

• Yemagh
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-17 18:39:28 — Link

is it okay to make a 3D model of the pet and send a rendered picture of it as a custom skin? or can it only be drawn?

edit: nevermind, i found my answer in the skin upload page

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-24 09:21:36 — Link

So I was playing around with a long noodly gryphon, and I re-drew one of the better sketches as some rough lineart. The question is, would a noodle gryphon be allowed? The bird part is heron, and herons have noodle necks. That's a good enough excuse, yeah? I mean, it does have all the required gryphony bits.

Serpent Heron Gryphon Preview by RavensMourn
I will probably change the angle of the back half (tail/bum facing screen instead if flat side view), but the concept remains the same.

Edit

Serpent Heron Gryphon Preview 2 by RavensMourn

I did end up changing the bum angle.

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2018-01-24 13:03:44 — Link

Monues, noodle gryphons are totally fine! :) As you said your skin has all the parts which identify it as a gryphon within the game world. There's a bunch of ways how this gryphon could appear, and none of them are more extreme than those that were used to produce some of the deviant morphs.

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-24 19:59:30 — Link

Noodle gryphon here I come! 

Even with all the required features gryphons as a whole arnt known to be long noodles (which is surprizing, just imagine curling up in the coils of a fluffy noodley bird cat) so I wanted to make sure. , thanks angel :D.

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2018-01-24 22:11:13 — Link

Now I want a fluffy noodly bird cat.

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2018-02-09 05:32:15 — Link

So Angel, while this (WIP) arowana roc does technically have wings, talony feet fins, and feathery tail fins...im guessing this is a bit too much? Lol, we need an aquatic species bad. We have feathers, fur, and...missing fins!

Arowana Roc Skin Preview by RavensMourn

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2018-02-10 03:30:30 — Link

Monues, yes, this creature is not, er, birdy enough. I'd say it's not anatomy only but also the pose that makes it unrecognizable as a bird.

« Prev | 1 2 ... 29 30 31 ... 36 37 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla