Boards < General < General Chat < Peeps, Tundra is nearly upon us!!

Boards

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-18 21:34:49 — Link

I should try a roc with lightning and sharp feathers, but they have Watchman not acute eyesight, and not having acute eyesight is sooo boring. You have to explore every cranny.

Well Marans, your one perfect gryph beat my cockatrice hollow. I'm shocked and annoyed. I beat the others with my poisonous claws/regen/acid trifecta however.

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-18 22:16:57 — Link

I have perfect rocs with those genes, just haven't pumped out a bunch of them yet. Breeding's welcomed. Tab heinous envy, title traitors of the storm.

Edit: some under that title arnt perfect and are there cus theyve got the genes for creating more, just in there to keep track easier.

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-19 12:47:42 — Link

Hmmm, the boys all have acute eyesight, so I sent you a request. Who knows if I get it or not...

*goes back to training cockatrices*

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-19 16:15:09 — Link

Looking at their genes again they may be fun on the tundra, knocking things down and having rush and bite buffed, so i'm making some pairs of my own. Hopeing to make acute homozygous and knock out strong in one of them, so there may be even better stock to breed with in a few days. 

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-19 18:03:45 — Link

Can't wait for my new double poisoned boy to grow up!!!!

Venomous skin and Poisonous teeth! Take that, etelia!

It doesn't matter if I use bite, blow or rush, I have a chance of getting poison. Which reminds me of napalm dragons - but napalm dragons don't have regeneration. (!!!) Woooo those snooty ice sculptures are going down hard (as long as they don't get one of Marans's perfect gryphons in on their team, if so then all bets are off).

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-19 18:44:35 — Link

Problem I have is that the higher level etelia one shot everything, and even if you do a countermove first round the very next moment they get they one shot. Doesnt matter if I get a bite, poison, whatever in when the etelia kill in one attack. Hoping the stench allows cnstant dodging of the one shot so I can get good bites and poisons in. Hmm what stat buffs dodge and how many of that foods do I have....

Edit: preping the now (thankfully, and finally) complete perfect throdama morph set...getting really excited to try them out. Especially defender with 30% damage reflection!! No need to dodge when their every attack is used against them >:D 

Also how high do portal cells stack? 999? 

Edit edit: warriors have dodge and poison! Now really excited, gotta level everyone!

Ah I need to make nimble leg warriors, 105% dodge. All mine have agile >.< plenty of harvesters with nimble though..when they should agile. Uhg lol.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-19 20:58:55 — Link

Ooh, tell me how your defenders and warriors do, Mon.

I've got the cockies, some napalm dragons and some ice breath wolfies, and I'm hoping they'll do the job.

I find I can dodge a few times but they'll countermove every time. So poison of some kind is desperately needed. A little regen gives me enough hitpoints to survive the early smashing attacks, but doesn't help for long :)

If elemental resistance works (big IF), it blocks their attack, which is good. Counterstrike too, but that attack is piddling compared to a main elemental attack.

But your main dodges will be fragrance and stench, and gracefulness. And unicorns aren't much use.

(When did I get this good at fighting imaginary monsters? I need a real job haha).

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-20 00:47:20 — Link

Doing the math of how many cells i'll need if I go through with the pets I have on the rosters...i'd need several hundreds just to get everyone to level 8. If none of them have dead ends. May have some tough decisions on who stays home...so far leaving out all the lykos cus they were a huge disapointment, all the dragons cus same, and all the unicorns because same same so dont have to worry bout them.
Bringing some newer cockatrice, all the crownsalt symurgh for their first try, all the morphs, some rocs, bunch of gryphons since they did good. None of the pumas probably because, while perfect, their genes are meh; didnt get around to fancy genes with them.
I want to bring everyone lol...oh can buy the sticks when tundra opens from the market hmm hmm. Yes i'll do that otherwise I would not have enough granite. Cell crafter throdama will also save 20% of the sticks so it hopefully wont end up costing too much.  

Don't forget pumas and grpyhons also have gracefullness. Symurghs have fragrance, as well. Warriors come with hidden stench, and scouts have some sort of hidden dodge gene with 45%. Lots of fun options. 

Elemental resistance is good on paper, but in actual battle that percentage is too all over the place to rely on. Atleast in my experiences.

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-21 05:17:39 — Link

A roc born with homoz everything, including acute, but it's female. I may turn it male, but bred the pair again to try luck. I'll let you know what I end up doing, arete.

Another graphic for the tundra. I like to keep in pet's journals a report of how they did on the tundra, so I can know to take them or keep them home next year. Used to be in just text, but now it can be all fancy. Anyone that wishes to use it is welcome to...

• Sheliak
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-21 05:40:24 — Link

Granite! I knew I was forgetting something. (Well, at least I have a lot of portal energy cells still stored up already...)

As I remember, the most effective lykoi I had last year turned out to be the ones with the highest constitution (like, almost 300)--that toughness was useful. But there's no way to guarantee getting that based on genes, short of throwing an outrageous amount of magic food in... 

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-21 21:15:50 — Link

What buffs constitution? Isn't it Hound? 

In pumas it's Lionheart.

Looky what I got! Almost perfect just no Quickmind:

https://beastkeeper.com/pet/1400539

• Sheliak
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-22 00:56:56 — Link

Hound + Steel Bones. 

What I meant is just that there's always a bit of randomness to stat gains, even if you start with ideal genes and focus on the stat you want with the pet's diet. So the c. 300 constitution pets are still pretty rare. 

Congratulations on that cockatrice! 

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-22 10:01:54 — Link

*hugs cocky*

I might have the right girl to get a perfect from him *holds thumbs*

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-23 20:57:29 — Link

Cactus melon! Only have 9 of those >.<

You have created 120 Portal Energy Cells. Your pet saved you 24 Charged Sticks.

Love worker throdamas, highly reccomend them for all crafting you do

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-23 22:18:38 — Link

Wait, the game is letting you craft them already???

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla