Boards < General < General Chat < Peeps, Tundra is nearly upon us!!

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 ... 5 6 | Next »

• SapphireScythe
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-14 00:31:59 — Link

Yeah, I was kinda surprised when I realized how not so strong Etelia were once we got 'em. But I guess all other special pets are like that, including Kamis, and don't let me get started on Hoppers >:( Although they're great fodder for battling when you're aiming for the battle charts.

I think it was Monues that said the etelia we're fighting have GP9000. 

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-14 12:07:05 — Link

The challenge is part of the fun :D

But yeah, they're basically fun ice sculptures, and I almost have etelia fatigue. The number you end up having grows exponentially after all. I have so many now, and if I breed and hatch them all I'll have nearly double (I'm not breeding my white ones ofc).

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• Sonatine
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-14 19:22:05 — Link

I've still only got two, and of those I'll probably only breed one (have enough materials left over from previous years that I could probably do it without even setting foot in the tundra, minus the island searching thing for the etelia).

The one I'm not breeding has the lovely magic mirror/silent pace combo that makes me hate my life when enemies have it. It's not as strong as the ones on the tundra, but it actually puts up a good fight for a pet without special breeding bonuses.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-14 21:03:15 — Link

You'll have a possibility of breeding twice if your etelia behaves itself and breeds straight away. I don't think I'm going to be too motivated this year (ugh, the price of deviants being what it is) but I'm definitely hoping for some moar white ones.

• Sheliak
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-16 22:02:21 — Link

I'm going to try to breed my two ASAP--they both disappointed me by turning out plain blue and with worse genes than their "mom". (I've got 59 crystalline ice, so assuming I defeat at least one etelia early on, I'll be able to hatch 3 snowflakes as soon as I get them.) 

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-16 22:15:24 — Link

Oooh I'll hold thumbs for you.

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-17 06:31:12 — Link

For those who like to keep track of everybody on the islands, a snowflake tundra roster to do so with! A rather simple festive header including name, level (of island), and any notes, so when you return to the tab you can have an idea of who's where and who to explore with.

I had to make something to keep track of all the pets I bred in prep and thought you all may find it useful/fun as well.

Example:

Lily                  5           regening energy
Nameless       16         1/3 etelia defeated 
Toby                8           stuck on ram guardian

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-17 10:52:25 — Link

Welcome back, Mon! 

Since you've been away, I've been breeding cockatrices like crazy. Mine are very nearly as good as yours now :) Aaaand they don't look so creepy and stuff.

Love the festive hat on your avatar :D

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-17 16:05:14 — Link

Haha, love that roster. Mine'll end up like

Alice  -  13  -  keeps getting mauled by wolfshark thing, for 6 days

Martin - 15 - same, for 4 months

Bob - 14 - stuck around the back of the fountain, despairing

I just can't seem to admit defeat and let them leave. Poor beasts.

Also, oh wow, I apparently have an etelia. Forgot she existed. Do I need to level her up for a better chance of finding her breeding-island?

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-17 16:08:48 — Link

Nah, breeding islands are random.

My first etelia found her island on the 100th try (a year later. Woe is me, and by woe is me I mean something worse, with cussing.)

My second etelia found her island after three tries. So yeah. 

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-17 16:16:08 — Link

Oh good. So the notice appears only when you first land on island, and it doesn't matter if you go through portals?

Thankfully these (still amazing, thank you) cockatrices haven't guzzled down all the energy drinks yet.

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-17 16:53:55 — Link

Took a break to a avoid breeders fatigue, which happens when running out of pairs, but now everything's right on track again.

It's bout time someone catches up with my cockatrice, congrats arete :D. But can they compete with my improved cockatrice I've been working on? Twice the deadlines, triple the attitude, and a smell that will knock your socks off (and then send them flying away in a panic). Which also have a lovely and not at all creepy skin in the works to adorn them.

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-17 17:04:55 — Link

*shudders at the thought of those trices*

Is anyone else still breeding perfect gryphs? Lady Chipmunk doesn't seem to be around lately.

Haven't touched any of mine for months. Been too busy coding etc ._. Might go and spam some chicks now. A dozen here, a dozen there... it's a hatchery lol

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-17 18:01:37 — Link

I wouldn't mind a peacockatrice, Marans, hint hint hint ^_^

Mine don't stink but their skins do have venom, it's more like the odourless but deadly sort. I had almost a perfect beast but Animal instinct instead of Acute eyesight. I nearly cried.

I think Lady Chipmunk is busy irl, and I miss her.

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-17 18:24:25 — Link

I have a bunch of perfect gryphons, marans. Some unrelated to the first stock so should be unrelated to yours as well. Im not stindgy with my gryphons so make breeding offers if you find someone you like :P

Venomous skin is what my first line has, but stench and poison claws seemed like it would be fun (and knocking out solid bones for steel). Not so fun working from scraps, recessives and trying to combine everything just right by breeding the same pair 20 times over (because aelisk is the only other one with an actual established line of those genes) but now, now, everyones where I want them and it actually is fun. 

Now to just apply it to etelia and hopefully dodge all of their nonsense all while poisoning them while they inevidably dodge me.

« Prev | 1 2 3 ... 5 6 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla