Boards < Offtopic < Offtopic < Anime Fans?

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 4 ... 6 7 | Next »

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-19 08:52:27 — Link

One of my friends was having the same problem with it, but that was a year ago.  I haven't tried the t recently.

Don't give up hope when it seems lost

I'm a mistake, yet I'm still here

Chase after what you believe

And make every second count.  

• issaicfrost
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-19 11:20:41 — Link

you are going to regret me posting what i've seen man just fair warning.

In the end i'm only human for that i regret nothing.

rps that im in This Place We Call Home, The Pack of The South, and The Begining to an End

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-19 18:10:49 — Link

I've only known anime for a year, yet I've watched sooooo many.  I watched three episodes of FMA last night, so I'll be most likely watching a new anime soon.

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-19 18:20:18 — Link

Well it's hard to recommend without knowing what all you've seen. I've completed over 100 series, and have watched at least part of another 50 or so. I won't be surprised by a really long list. ;) I have to use myanimelist just to keep track of everything. I would forget a lot of good anime that I've watched if it weren't for that website.

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-19 18:27:36 — Link

I probably haven't watched as many animes as you two, though, because I had to stop for about half a year due to lack of time.  But it is getting larger.

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-19 18:32:47 — Link

Well I've been actively into anime and manga for about six years, so it's natural to have collected a lot of series over that time. ;) My childhood started out with Sailor Moon, Yu-gi-oh, Pokemon, and Yu Yu Hakusho thought I didn't realize what anime was until I watched Inuyasha many years later.

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-20 00:47:19 — Link

Pokemon was the most active anime in my life.  I can't remember a time when I wasn't into Pokemon, even now.  But I never really watched other animes until last year or the year before that.

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-20 05:52:25 — Link

Way back when I was a kid I watched a lot of Pokemon and played the gameboy games. I really liked the first seasons with the original 150 pokemon. After they started adding new ones, I kind of fell out of it.

There's a lot of fun things to discover once you enter the world of anime: new shows, manga, conventions, voice actors, and other awesome people that like what you do. I've also learned a lot from anime too about the Japanese culture and language. After watching so many shows subbed, I've learned certian phrases, though I'm not sure how many of them would really be useful in a conversation. :P

• issaicfrost
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-20 06:20:32 — Link

Own: Armitage, Fooly Cooly, Rahxephon, Tenjho Tenge, gungrave, bleach-missing seasons and movies, eureka seven, Code Geass, Outlaw Star, Trinity Blood, Ghost in the Shell seasons and first movie, Gurren Lagaan not the movie, Black lagoon, .hacksign-only series i liked not seen the rest, Elfen Lied, Ninja Scroll, afro samuria don't know if it counted, Dears, Eiken, Speed Grapher.

Ones i've seen:Ruroni Kenshin wish they'd re release it, yuyu hakasho, dbz, gundam wing and few others of the franchise, genocyber, devilman movies except the tv series, Inuyasha long as heck but good, tenchi muyo and through the gpx series as well, igpx, one piece to long, naruto to long, deadman's wonderland want to own it, dancing in the vampire bound- better than twilight haha, shin chan- needed to have a brain wash after watching an episode, neon genesis evangelion, pokemon, yugioh, a few small sections of card capture sakura was it?, and i'm drawing blanks but name them if i rememver them or reminded of them. and i was like you scmarshtacky i didn't know it was anime to shrug when i was younger.

Desendents of darkness, requim from the darkness, tactis of sorts, dead leaves, blood +.

rps that im in This Place We Call Home, The Pack of The South, and The Begining to an End

• issaicfrost
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-20 06:36:19 — Link

@ Dragunity Code Geass is a deep and phsycological anime that has mechas intwined within it. It follows Lelouch an x heir to the thrown of Britania which is a goverment that has taken over the world. Well it follows Lelouch and how he got back at his father the king.

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-20 06:56:06 — Link

Hm... let's see. Trigun is a bit like Rurouni Kenshin. Going down the samurai path you could try Samurai Champloo, Samurai Deeper Kyo, Hakuouki, and Samurai 7. I've heard that Higurashi is a lot like Elfen Lied, but I haven't watched it, so I can't really vouch for it. You could try Ao no Exorcist too, and Claymore.

Ghost Hunt is one of my favorite anime, and though it doesn't really match with the things you've watched, you may want to consider giving it a shot. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is another really nice anime to watch if you haven't. Code Breaker is one of my more recent favorite anime. It's really short - 13 episodes - but it's good too.

You seem to like more darker anime, which admittedly, I haven't watched as many of, but maybe you'll like some of these. You can always use myanimelist.net too, to look up recommendations based on series you have already seen. :)

• issaicfrost
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-20 07:02:54 — Link

ok update to what you said I've seen trigun, samurai champloo, samurai 7, fullmetal alchemist the first series and brotherhood, c control i liked very neat only 13 eps, and i just like to see peoples recogmendations. also dark and blood mean nothing there has to be a story for me to stick with it alot of the time. Hellsing both original and the ultimate which is better.

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-20 14:25:35 — Link

Higurashi is basically just a tv show about how these demonic girls and a guy go around and kill people including each other.  It was that scariest anime I ever saw.  Made me think something was going to pop out and kill me all the time.   Fell out of it after about 3 episodes, it was so scary.

• issaicfrost
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-20 20:53:03 — Link

is it aslo called when they cry?

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-20 20:58:20 — Link

Yep.

« Prev | 1 2 3 4 ... 6 7 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla