Boards < Offtopic < Offtopic < Anime Fans?

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 6 7 | Next »

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 04:37:32 — Link

Well, I love anime, but my close friends don't really like anime, so I decided to make this thread for any fans of anime out there who want to discuss anime and manga with other fans.

So what are some of your favorite series?
Are you watching something interesting now?

I myself have completed about 100 different series and have watched at least one or two episodes of another 20+. A few of my favorites include Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Code: Breaker, Skip Beat, Ghost Hunt, and many more.

My favorite manga are Kuroshitsuji, Ghost Hunt, Shinrei Tantei Yakumo, Noblesse(manhwa), Ookami-heika no Hanayome, and again, many more, but I won't bore you by listing them all.

• youkaihybrid26
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 20:59:19 — Link

Hetalia, Ouran High Host club, Death Note, Wolfsrain, Inuyasha, Hajime No Ippo, to many to really post. lol But I love anime too!!!!

~ Your local Youkai~

Feel free to drop by I don't bite much! =D                                                                         
Please excuse the lack of grammar, It seems to run away sometimes. ;)            Please call me Dragon or Youkai which ever you please.

• AliSha
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 22:35:56 — Link

Oddly enough, I started watching a lot of subtitled anime when I was young because I can't hear and it wasn't until my mid-teens when we finally got a TV with closed caption options (although friends had TVs with it and so did my stepsister when I made a rare visit to my dad's place).  A couple of friends had been part of those old mailing trees in the pre internet (my age is showing!) and dial-up days when fan subtitled anime would be mailed to someone on VHS and the person would either watch or copy it, then send it along to the next person on the list, so they thought it would be a good way for me to actually follow something.

I am so very grateful for the availability of it online now.  Unless something is relatively new, I don't have to wait months between episodes.  I'm also glad that there is a wider variety shown on TV now (as opposed to back in the 80's/early 90's when you MIGHT have found one or two on local stations at 1am on Sunday morning).

• youkaihybrid26
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 22:42:47 — Link

=) I know what you mean! Animes are a big part in my family. A good portion of my cousins and brother watch them. They improve my mood a lot as well when I'm going threw tough times.

~ Your local Youkai~

Feel free to drop by I don't bite much! =D                                                                         
Please excuse the lack of grammar, It seems to run away sometimes. ;)            Please call me Dragon or Youkai which ever you please.

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 05:11:52 — Link

I love Inuyasha and Ouran. ^^ I watched some of Death Note, but I ended up dropping it. I don't like when my favorite character dies. lol

It's hard for me to even imagine anime back in the 80s, it's really awesome that you were able to watch it though. I'm a 90s kid, so I didn't start watching anime until then. I don't generally watch older anime because the graphics are just nothing compared to what they are now, but I did grow up watching shows like Sailor Moon, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Yu-gi-oh.

I doubt I would be the fan I am now without the Interent. I pretty much watch all of my anime on it because there aren't many stores near me that sell it. Toonami is my exception. I stay up early on Sunday morning to watch it. They are playing Soul Eater right now and Todd Haberkorn, voice actor for Death the Kid, did a live chat on Twitter while it was airing. I thought that was pretty awesome of him. :P

• AliSha
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 06:48:46 — Link

There is still a lot of older anime I enjoy re-watching from time to time, but I will admit it is a bit difficult in some cases to watch after being exposed to the much more polished animation of more recent years.  Some of it really isn't that bad, or it has a compelling story that makes up for the lackluster animation.  Some of it, though, I can only take in small doses (like watching an episode or two a week).

There is also a small number of series that apparently are in my blind spot.  I know the animation is sub-par by today's standards, but I loved them so much when I was younger that I just can't seem to see how bad they are compared to current animation.

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 20:48:33 — Link

What older anime do you enjoy watching? I'm always looking for new series, so if you have any recommendations, I would love to hear them. :)

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-27 18:14:35 — Link

bump

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-18 08:26:12 — Link

Anime!  I like Kuroshitsuji, Fullmetal Alchemist, Soul Eater, Our an High School Hst Club and Pokémon the most.  I have read and watched too many animes to count, but they are all entertaining I think.  

Don't give up hope when it seems lost

I'm a mistake, yet I'm still here

Chase after what you believe

And make every second count.  

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-18 09:17:36 — Link

All of those are really good. I love the Kuroshitsuji anime, although I do have to say that the manga is so much better. Speaking of the manga, I think a new chapter is supposed to come out really soon.

Do you watch anime subbed or dubbed. With Funimation shows like the ones you listed, I usually watch them dubbed. I love Vic Mignogan (Tamaki) and J. Michael Tatum (Sebastian). They are really funny guys.

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-18 11:18:10 — Link

I have watched it both dubbed and subbed.  And the manga is better.  I like the Noah's Ark Circus the most.  My favorite character would have to be Dagger.

Most of the people I waatch anime with say the same thing.  A couple people have also found out which characters have been played by.

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-18 15:53:05 — Link

I'm really not sure I can say which arc is my favorite. I like them all, though I feel like the one they are on now is dragging out a bit too long, but maybe that's because I only get to read a chapter a month.

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-18 16:49:23 — Link

I started reading the chapters about the circus before I was there.  I'm currently on chapter 16 I believe.  But it definitely gives me something to think about during the day.

• issaicfrost
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-18 22:15:55 — Link

anime rules. my favorites are ruroni kenshin, outlaw star, ghost in the shell, code geass, and many more.

In the end i'm only human for that i regret nothing.

rps that im in This Place We Call Home, The Pack of The South, and The Begining to an End

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-18 22:24:48 — Link

That makes two people that I've hears mention Code Geass.  That makes me wonder what it is...

« Prev | 1 2 ... 6 7 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla