Boards < Offtopic < Offtopic < Anime Fans?

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 ... 6 7 | Next »

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-18 22:32:14 — Link

Love Rurouni Kenshin too! ^^

Code Geass is a lot like Death Note if you've ever heard of that, except with a little more mecha in it. This is the official summary that I got off myanimelist.net: "Lelouch, an exiled Imperial Prince of Britannia posing as a student, finds himself in the heart of the ongoing conflict for the island nation. Through a chance meeting with a mysterious girl named C.C., Lelouch gains his Geass, the power of the king. Now endowed with absolute dominance over any person, Lelouch may finally realize his goal of bringing down Britannia from within!

I've watched Code Geass too, but to be honest it wasn't my favorite anime. Not that it's bad by any means, it's just not really the type of series that I like. It's really deep and psycological if you like that type of stuff. It also has a good bit of action.

• issaicfrost
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-18 22:53:46 — Link

well those are the reasons that i like about it. I'm actually the oppostie on Death Note. Death Note was good but to me a notebook that allows you to kill people. To me that's neat but a little cheap. just me though.

In the end i'm only human for that i regret nothing.

rps that im in This Place We Call Home, The Pack of The South, and The Begining to an End

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-18 23:00:49 — Link

Well, I didn't really like Death Note as much either, but like I said, that's just not the genre I like as much. It just gets really deep, which for a lot of people, is really good and that's why they like it. To each their own right? ;)

I think the thing about Death Note is less about the actual book, and more about what happens to you when you try to play God. It had some decent plot twists but I ended up dropping it after L fell out of the game. It just wasn't as fun after that.

I did stick with Code Geass until the very end for better or worse. I think I would've liked it a lot more had it ended a bit different, but the ending is what gave it a bunch of depth, so I think any other ending wouldn't have been as appropriate.

• issaicfrost
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-18 23:43:49 — Link

yes also though i saw the adult swim version and they cut the end of the final episode short. And for the longest time i was thinking lelouch couldn't be dead by the way cc was talking. then i saw someone post the true ending on youtube. i was celebrating for being right except that shirley died.

rps that im in This Place We Call Home, The Pack of The South, and The Begining to an End

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-19 05:13:21 — Link

Death Note... Everytime I hear that name, of course I think about people dying because of a notebook.  I need to see that.  Code Geassmdoes sound cool, so I'll have to check into that.

Don't give up hope when it seems lost

I'm a mistake, yet I'm still here

Chase after what you believe

And make every second count.  

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-19 05:36:24 — Link

Okay, tell me how you like it. :)

I've gotten into watching Detective Conan lately. I didn't really plan to watch much of it at first, and I was surprised to find that I really loved it. I had heard of it long before I started watching it and made the mistake of thinking it was a show for younger kids.

If I do catch up to the current episodes (it's still ongoing), it will be the longest anime I've ever stuck with. It has about 700 episodes currently and I'm on 328... so many more to go. Not to mention the OVAs and movies. I have a bad habit of dropping series when I find something else that catches my attention, but I really hope I don't do that with DC.

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-19 05:40:46 — Link

Holy Guacamole!  700 episodes!!  That's insane!  But Pokémon is the same way...

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-19 06:06:37 — Link

True. There are actually a few anime that are like that. DBZ is still going I think, though I've never watched it. Naruto has to have close to that many including the Shippuden. One Piece is past 500 episodes I think. I just don't tend to watch the series that drag on and on. Except for Detective Conan it seems.

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-19 06:18:07 — Link

The longest animes I've seen in FMA and Soul Eater.

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-19 06:37:01 — Link

I'm pretty sure Detective Conan is the most episodes I've watched of any anime. Though I've seen a lot of longer anime like Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Bleach, and D. Gray Man. I've always kind of liked longer series because it doesn't leave me wishing for more as badly as series with 12 or 13 episodes.

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-19 06:42:40 — Link

I want to watch Inuyasha, D. Gray Man, and Wolf's Rain.  I hope I can find them on Netflix...

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-19 07:08:20 — Link

You can always watch them on Internet sites. justdubs.tv is a good site and it would have Inuyasha, Wolf's Rain. anime44.com is a good site for subbed anime. I don't use Netflix so I have no idea what's on there and what's not.

• issaicfrost
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-19 07:31:52 — Link

may i ask for help looking for new anime to collect if itd help ill post what i've already got my devilish hands on.

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-19 07:49:26 — Link

Last I checked on JustDubs, it didn't work.  At least not for me.  I was in the middle of watching Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni when it malfunctioned and stopped working.

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-19 08:33:43 — Link

Really? I've never had that problem with it. Maybe it's your computer or internet connection?

@Issaicfrost I'd be happy to offer a few suggestions, and it would help if you posted what you've already watched. :)

« Prev | 1 2 3 ... 6 7 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla