Boards < BeastEon Development Forum < Questions & Suggestions < Sticky: Ask your questions here!

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 | Next »

• Saria*
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-07 11:09:08 — Link

I just recently came back to BeastKeeper, and was surprised and overjoyed when I found out about BeastEon.

I am curious about the after effects of breeding. It is very clear that the pets will be in charge of who they spend time with, though I can't seem to find any information about the offspring spending time with their parents while they are still young. Or will they be independent as soon as they are born?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-10-08 03:38:07 — Link

Saria*, thank you for your support :)

We have the concept of upbringing for the young beasts. Parents will spend the time with their child and affect its personality by upbringing. Parents are the two closest pets for a newborn beast, and for the first time most of the social interactions will be done with them. It's also possible to assign a different beast who will spend its time to upbring a child. Then soon a young beast gets acquainted with other beasts and the big world, and starts to learn from everything that happens around it.

Of course, every interaction will be processed through the neural network of a child. Young beasts may not know a lot of things about the world, but they alread  have some inborn personality traits, and they will make the judgements basing on how and how well the lesson was taught as well as on their attitude to the beast who spent its time to give that lesson.

Young age is the main time when the personality is formed. Just like in real world humans, it's incredibly hard to change something in an adult beast who already has its own attitude to everything in the world. 

• QueenSairai
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-20 02:55:45 — Link

Oh I can't wait to play this game I just really wish I could bring this game or even Beastkeeper to life just so I could hug a baby roc! please don't change their artwork at least!

• ChaseTurnleaf
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-21 13:32:32 — Link

I'm not sure if this question has been asked yet, and I apoligize if it has, but will the beasts be able to move? For instance, will you see them moving? And can you control our beasts? Like will you be able to explore, and can you move them and will they actually interact? Like when they move will it be they actually take a step? And when they fight, will you see them attack? And will there be Forums so you can rp, ask questions and host giveways? And will you be able to PM other players? Thanks for your time! :P

'Such is human memory... you forget the truth and believe what makes you feel better. '

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-10-21 19:08:04 — Link

ChaseTurnleaf, you will be able to control and move your beasts manually in the explore mode. Explore mode is an isometric infinite procedurally generated world where your exploring party will be represented as an isometric model of its leader which you can control. Here you can get an idea how the isometric will look like.

All beast-with-beast interactions will happen in the background in the social mode without your participation as a player. You will know only the result. Social interactions aren't directly controllable. You're not a beast yourself but a Beast lord who can give an order or an advice and can't possess the mind. Of course, you can interact with other parties in explore mode, but these interactions will be rather practical than social (exchange items, request for help etc.).

There won't be any battle moves, and there won't be battles in the usual meaning of that word. Instead there will be an abstract challenge mechanics which will be the same for all types of challenges (no matter if a particular challenge has an agressive way of solving or not). We will release a preview for it when we have something to show for this part of the game.

Yes, there will be forums and private messages for player communication.

• ChaseTurnleaf
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-21 23:53:23 — Link

Ok thanks! I can't wait for Beasteon to come out :P

'Such is human memory... you forget the truth and believe what makes you feel better. '

• Jazsam8
  • User

Posted at 2016-11-02 12:07:34 — Link

Sorry if someones already asked these, or you've already answered them.

1: can you still breed beasts with each other even if their not close, and can they chose to breed themselves with beasts they are close to?

2: How much will it cost? or will it be an online area like beast keeper?

3: will it be online, or will you need to by a CD or download it?

4: Will there still be deviants, and if so, will previous anmals like lykos and smurghs get deviant patterns?

5: what do you think is the bigest differance between beast keeper and beaston?

6: when will it come out?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-11-02 17:43:56 — Link

1: can you still breed beasts with each other even if their not close, and can they chose to breed themselves with beasts they are close to?

No, beasts can't breed if they are not in romantic relationships. Yes, they can decide to breed themselves without the permission of their lords.

2: How much will it cost? or will it be an online area like beast keeper? will it be online, or will you need to by a CD or download it?

It's a browser game like BeastKeeper, and it will be free to play.

4: Will there still be deviants, and if so, will previous anmals like lykos and smurghs get deviant patterns?

There won't be deviants but there will be mutations that affect all types of genes. Colors and patterns will be dynamic and procedural where applicable, so the color system can't be compared with the one that we have in BeastKeeper.

5: what do you think is the bigest differance between beast keeper and beaston?

In short, BeastKeeper is our first try to make a game. BeastEon will be that game :)

In fact there are more differences than common things. The games share lore, partially art and some of the generic concepts (you can have many beasts in your stables; beasts have genetics and can breed; there's a dynamic world where you can gather resources and engage in challenges; you can craft and sell things etc.). Although the gameplay will be different. You can check our intro article and the article about relationships to find out some of the core ideas. We also plan to post an article about the mechanics of challenges soon. 

6: when will it come out?

The tentative date for alpha is autumn 2017.

• DragonDreamers
  • User

Posted at 2016-11-02 22:54:42 — Link

I don't really understand what the term alpha means. I believe it is like a test to see if the website is working right? And beta is where certain people are allowed to play it to check for bugs and stuff?

MASSIVE Stable Sweep– 100 pets!

https://beastkeeper.com/thread/11418 [OPEN]

Item Trades:

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/10638 [TEMP CLOSED]

I am currently attempting to breed for pets with a better chance at fighting Etelia for the upcoming event! When the project develops a bit more, I'll make an Etelia Warriors group where you can track my progress, and where I'll eventually(hopefully) be selling some!

Project Status: Breeding pets with 1-3 right genes to get the recessive ones.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-11-02 23:46:41 — Link

Alpha phase is the part of development life cycle where the testing of core features happens. Alpha version is an unfinished product which usually has major bugs and lacks the content diversity. This experience is very different from regular gaming. The data is wiped after alpha stage and sometimes a few times during it.

Alpha is a closed phase where a limited number of testers help the developers to test if the code actually works and if it works as expected. 

Beta is closer to the release version. This is where the polishing of the game happens: UI/UX improvements, balance adjustments and bug fixes, introduction of the new content. New features are not added here. The data can be wiped if any major updates or fixes happen. Sometimes everything goes smooth and players keep their progress fully or partially with a few updates to match the release version.

Beta can either closed or open. We plan to have an open beta.

• thebeastkeeper
  • User

Posted at 2016-11-03 07:33:21 — Link

Are there going to be anymore kami's on this game, other than the Hoppers? And will there be any other new events, apart from the Etelia? 

I read somewhere that the deviant gryphons will be released. Will there be anymore deviant releases after that?

• fundatrix
  • User

Posted at 2016-11-03 09:24:26 — Link

I know I'm boring with that, but it would be grat, if some (All?) of kami's event will realase. Past events, like Carpo, etc. Maybe with new Kami's colours - if it's possible. Game is more interesting with something like that, in my humble opinion :) It's possible?

• Jazsam8
  • User

Posted at 2016-11-03 11:11:47 — Link

Thank you for answering myprevious questions :) but after reading the other imformation about beasteon, I have two more questions:

a.) will there still be a pound?

b.) if you have a baby, and its parent is no longer one of your beasts, or if you want it to be raised by a different beast, can you do that? or, in other words, can you give beasts surrogate parents?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-11-03 14:31:47 — Link

thebeastkeeper, fundatrix, are you asking about BeastKeeper? No, there won't be any events except seasonal ones and no new Kami, and there won't be any additional deviant releases except Gryphons.

Jazsam8, no there won't be a pound. No, babies can't have surrogate parents, although you will be able to assign a mentor who will bring up the child along with the parents. You also won't be able to sell a female which is rearing a baby at this moment.

• thebeastkeeper
  • User

Posted at 2016-11-04 02:42:10 — Link

Thanks for answering the questions Angel, and now I have a few more :)

I'm a little bit confused about the general concept of beasteon and what I have read seems like this version will be nothing like beastkeeper but I'm excited to see what it's going to turn out like. 

Is there going to be a tutorial, like when you make an account on beastkeeper to show you what to do or forums explaining what to do? 

Also, will there be any kami events on beasteon?

As for beastkeeper, will the deviant gryphons be released this year? And will there be one last exhibition for the release?

Thanks again :)

« Prev | 1 2 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla