Boards < BeastEon Development Forum < Questions & Suggestions < Sticky: Ask your questions here!

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 ... 11 12 | Next »

• ninjadaleburg
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-18 20:16:46 — Link

One question:

Will this new game replace "Beastkeeper"?

Or will we still be able to play it?

• MarsinOz
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-19 06:50:30 — Link

thanks for the info :) I'll be looking forward to the release :)

• Nightingale

Posted at 2016-08-19 15:56:54 — Link

Thank you Angel! This sounds exciting! I'm also very happy to hear that there will be a chat feature- I love being able to communicate directly with others :) 

Aww, I'm flattered- Please let me know. I'd be happy to offer my services as a Moderator and tester. I'd love to participate and help in anyway I can. Let me know :)

On Leayph, only people who chose a certain occupational path can craft. Some people are explorers by nature (everyone can explore, explorers are better at it though, being professionals and all), some study literature, some devote their times to magical ventures, some are merchants, and some are crafters. I like that everyone will be able to have access. 

I'm excited to here that we can customzie profiles as well. I've been meaning to touch up on my designing skills. I'm glad Artists will still have a place. I'll strive to be one who collects those super customized pets, I'm sure!

This sounds very in depth and intricate. I think it will be a wonderfully unique game and I'm excited to see the results. It will certainly take time, and loads of testing I'm sure, but I think it will be amazing in the end. 

@Ninjadaleburg

10) What will happen to Beastkeeper V1? Will it still exist? Will anything carry over *eyes collection  of Kami*?

Most likely BeastKeeper will continue running without updates and will be utilizing only existing event mechanics like tundra and egg hunt. Unfortunately, we can’t transfer anything to BeastEon due to the enormous difference in gameplay and concepts. We plan to provide BeastKeeper players with some bonuses reminding of BeastKeeper basing on the achievements here, but most likely they will look like something similar to unique familiars, resource boost at the start and things like that.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-20 00:10:16 — Link

Could you give us some idea of what the genetics and breeding system will be like? Or is it not ready to be revealed yet?

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-08-20 03:45:32 — Link

arete, genetics system will be similar to BeastKeeper, though with more variety and dynamic number of gene groups and genes in them to remove the limits of a fixed 2x10 grid that we have now. Mendelian inheritance is still the core.

Breeding itself occurs in two ways. 

1) Easy way. Not all beasts serve in the active Beastlord's retinue. Most of them are commoners who live in your manor, do their job, live simple life and also make new little beasts. You don't control them in any way or even see them. These beasts do not exist as actual pets available in your stable but rather as a gene pool that produces a few babies each day. You can see the newborns and choose any of them and start raising it as an active pet. You can focus on a few genes to get a baby with a certain genotype. You can manipulate the gene pool by sending unwanted active pets there - positive and neutral genes that they have will increase the chance of getting them when focused, and negative will decrease. 

2) Hard way. Two active beasts may fall in love and decide to have a baby. Just like in real life, there's a long way between the first meeting and a decision to bring a new life into this world. Such baby has two advantages comparing with a commoner's child. The parents start to teach it in early childhood, and it doesn't have to start learning its family skill(s) from scratch in adulthood. Personal unique crafting recipes and patterns can be passed only to a direct dynasty heir (son or daughter). Also active caring parents work as mentors for their child, trying to shape its personality and pass some of their perks and wisdom. 

• RenMei
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-20 05:29:11 — Link

it was said in the top part that this was for questions that one didnt want to start a new thread for yes? my question is off the main topic so far... is it normal for my astrologist page to be unable to enter a focus toward the current 'quest' item?

• SapphireScythe
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-20 07:23:03 — Link

Ooohh, the breeding aspect sounds cool. Seems more challenging to get the desired genes than Beastkeeper's system. I love what I'm hearing :)

So my question deals with the hard way of breeding. I'm assuming to do this, it will involve ordering your beast to do certain actions and spending some authority points to nudge them in the right direction. Correct me if I'm wrong. What I want to know if it's possible for your beasts to fall in love and decide to have children without any meddling?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-08-20 16:04:36 — Link

RenMei, this thread is about a different game, not BeastKeeper. Concerning the current BeastKeeper event, yes, this is how it was designed. There's a note about astrologist on the event page.

SapphireScythe, yes, beasts can fall in love and decide to get a baby without your actions at all. However, there are a few drawbacks depending on your breeding purposes. Your pet will choose its partner randomly according to its own preferences. Most likely that won't be the partner and then the baby that you want, but you will have to keep it and care for as one of your active pet slots until it gets adult. On the other hand, the relationships will develop a lot slower if you won't help your pet to choose a partner and develop their relationships through social interactions and dating mechanics. 

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-20 17:52:26 — Link

How will the stable size limits work? Or won't there be any? Will we have to pay for food, and will there be a means to gather and farm it like in beastkeeper?

I'm really excited about keeping babies and training them. I've got some lovely pets here (although I'm not a top player) and although it'll be a bit of a grind to breed a superlative beast in beast eon, I think it'll be worth the effort.

Will there be a Reserve like in beastkeeper, or will older, less advanced pets just sit around breeding and doing their thing in the background?

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-20 18:05:21 — Link

Will the number of stable/inventory slots carry over to the new game or will we have to start over from scratch?

Breeder of trash deviants

• RenMei
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-20 18:37:30 — Link

ah thankyou. for the new game if the game on here ends when it launches officially would there be a transfer of stuff from this game to the other?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-08-21 01:09:57 — Link

Re: Stable and inventory limit

There will be no inventory limit as we plan a big variety of items which we hope will be expanded all the time including custom user items.

Concerning stable limit, we don't have a final decision here yet, and most likely it will be finalized only after alpha testing. The number of pets that a player can have affects every gameplay and balance layer. It's not clear yet which approach is the best here. Alpha phase will have a static tiered expandable stable limit similar to BeastKeeper. Stable slots will not be transferred from BeastKeeper because of completely different gameplay.

Re: Reserve

At this moment the only planned way to remove a pet from the game is to send it to work in your manor in exchange for advancing your genetics pool and/or a one-time small bunch of simple materials or craftable items that they produce according to their skillset. Due to the specifics of the game, pets can't be frozen or reversibly removed. They are either continue living a full life interacting with the world and having the world interact with them, or removed completely. 

• RenMei
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-21 03:23:16 — Link

interesting, thanks

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-21 13:04:49 — Link

Will the water areas be accessable when exploring and will will there eventually be aquatic type species?

Breeder of trash deviants

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-08-21 17:04:14 — Link

Lytala, probably somewhere among the world updates and eon changes, but not right after release for sure. We do plan more biotopes in explore, and underwater may be among them. And we have 2 concept artworks for aquatic pets already, but they have very low priority at this moment. 

« Prev | 1 2 3 ... 11 12 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla