Boards < BeastEon Development Forum < Questions & Suggestions < Sticky: Ask your questions here!

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-08-30 03:48:53 — Link

Also, can your beast like another beast from a different player's stables?

Of course :)

• Poe
  • User

Posted at 2016-09-03 09:55:06 — Link

I would like to ask for a feature, which, I think, could be used at once:

As a way of advertisement I would prefer a banner (preferably with a hyperlink) to put in a forum signature, or on a profile page.

Eventhough targeted adverts may have their advantages, I personally see them as way too intrusive, and have them blocked whenever possible.

On top of that I have questions to ask:

1. Will the game be so balanced, that it can be played comfortably once in a day, as well as once in a week, like Beastkeeper, or will the player have to be more initiative?

And a question somewhat related to the number one:

If there is a plan to make an eon last between one and four months, then what is the reasoning behind such a decision? Why not make it shorter, or why not make it longer? 

2. Will there be any competition-driven feature, such as "Battlefield", or will any player-directed battles only happen on explorations?

3. Will the animal's personality be set from the moment it is born, or can it be changed over time? (Such as making a selfish animal altruistic, if the player always approaches it with altruism)

4. Will there be a single group of animals available for anyone from the very beginning, or will there be such, that are only acquired, when one is in the right place at the right time, such as Kamis, or Etelias?

5. What is the extent of an animal's free will within the whole will forced upon it by the player? In other words, will the likely scenario be such, that player says, "If this happens, then do this and this", or will the animal itself decide, what to do in some less important situations, and if so, will there be differences in such decisions, according to its personality?

6. Is it now possible to see what, if anything, will be directly transferable from Beastkeeper, or is it still too early to ask? 

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-09-04 01:07:46 — Link

1. Will the game be so balanced, that it can be played comfortably once in a day, as well as once in a week, like Beastkeeper, or will the player have to be more initiative?

We're still debating about the game's pace, and probably we won't be able to answer this question before alpha testing. We need feedback from players to define which pace is the most comfortable for the majority of the player base. Unfortunately, we can't just run a poll before people can try the game and say what they think of the gameplay.

If there is a plan to make an eon last between one and four months, then what is the reasoning behind such a decision? Why not make it shorter, or why not make it longer? 

It's pretty the same. 1 to 4 months are our rough estimations how long the same global event and sceneries can stay entertaining without causing players to rush the event fearing that they will miss it, or become bored with the slow pace of the game. We will need extensive feedback from players here as well.

2. Will there be any competition-driven feature, such as "Battlefield", or will any player-directed battles only happen on explorations?

There will be no direct player controlled PvP battles like Battlefield or Arena on any level of the game. As for player competition part, there will be contests and sports (similar to exhibitions on BeastKeeper) and player initiated challenges / bets. For example, you can challenge another player to prove that their beasts are better hunters or better crafters. 

3. Will the animal's personality be set from the moment it is born, or can it be changed over time? (Such as making a selfish animal altruistic, if the player always approaches it with altruism)

Personality will partially depend on the genetics and mostly will be formed in the childhood. Later it would be almost impossible to change it just like in real humans.

4. Will there be a single group of animals available for anyone from the very beginning, or will there be such, that are only acquired, when one is in the right place at the right time, such as Kamis, or Etelias?

There will be certain species available from the beginning for everyone, and certain species that can be obtained only through gameplay. There won't be one of a kind pets like Kami.

5. What is the extent of an animal's free will within the whole will forced upon it by the player? In other words, will the likely scenario be such, that player says, "If this happens, then do this and this", or will the animal itself decide, what to do in some less important situations, and if so, will there be differences in such decisions, according to its personality?

Beasts will make decisions themselves in most of the cases except exploration area. Players can leave simple directions for them. There won't be a complex pseudo language like "if.. and.. then..". It would be more like "Focus on that" or "Don't do that". Players can also make a final decision when beasts come to their lord directly and ask for a help with a certain situation.

Concerning the mechanism behind the free will decisions, please check out an article about neural networks in our blog. 

6. Is it now possible to see what, if anything, will be directly transferable from Beastkeeper, or is it still too early to ask? 

BeastEon will be a completely different game. We can’t transfer anything from BeastKeeper due to the enormous difference in gameplay and concepts. We plan to provide BeastKeeper players with some bonuses reminding of BeastKeeper basing on the achievements here, but most likely they will look like something similar to unique familiars, resource boost at the start and things like that.

• fundatrix
  • User

Posted at 2016-09-14 13:33:19 — Link

I have one question:

You wrote, that in beasteon will be sth simmilary to "deviance" here, but it means that sometimes genetic mutations will occur. what do you mean? Some pets will have new kinds of collours or patterns, or some new abilities (like genes giving extra strenrght or combos in fights?) It'll be something what their babies can inherited? How it's gonna work?

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2016-09-14 15:53:59 — Link

I dreamed I was choosing babies from my stable to raise... So many little unicorns ^^ Can't wait for this game to start.

Can I suggest that there be a specific BEAST-EON sub-forum under bug-testing or whatever for reviewing and amending textual content? I'm sure quite a few of us would be happy to help.

Also it would be lovely to have a forum chatbox where players can communicate outside the game as well...

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• Sun_Showers
  • User

Posted at 2016-09-15 05:36:59 — Link

So if the beasts talk and everything... are they sentient? The pets in BeastKeeper seem like just animals, but in BeastEon they are starting to feel a little less like pets and more like partners. Like the difference between the Pokemon anime and the Digimon ones. Is that the intention? To make them more "humanish"?

~My Skins~

I keep my thread in creative up to date. Please check it out if you want to see and critique the custom skins I've made.

~My Experience During My First Event: A Thank You~

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-09-16 03:47:12 — Link

fundatrix, all gene groups can mutate, not only color. Mutations occur randomly and can appear in any newborn. At this moment we suppose that they will be genetic unlike deviance in BeastKeeper which is a phenotypic mutation. So they will be inheritable. Though like in real life, most of them will be harmful or neutral, and unambiguously useful ones won't be common.

arete, all BeastEon related discussion is currently placed in the "BeastEon Development Forum" forum section. All development info, progress, news and features can be discussed here. Feel free to crete any threads to your liking in the existing subforums, they are not staff-locked :) There's nothing to test yet (and won't be for a long time until alpha), so we don't have a specific subforum for bugs and testing. Probably such subforum will appear on BeastEon itself when it opens. 

Sun_Showers, yes, the beasts  are sentient, and they are not pets. They are conscious and have personality. 

• fundatrix
  • User

Posted at 2016-09-16 15:11:28 — Link

Ok. so. one more question:

In beastkeeper, I need vermillion and silver to check what genes newborn pet got. How it's gonna work in beasteon?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-09-18 16:04:36 — Link

fundatrix, we didn't work on the exact resource list and naming; though this is a big chunck of work, those things are pretty cosmetic and don't affect the gameplay mechanics, so we will be adding them only on the last stages of development. But the idea will be the same with BeastKeeper - you will be using a certain resource and / or some coins for gene testing. The main difference would be that you can uncover the genetics of the babies without adding them to your stables first  (except those born from two active beasts), and decide if you want to keep them after seeing their genes. 

• Poe
  • User

Posted at 2016-09-18 18:01:49 — Link

Speaking of coins, in various posts in this thread it says, that players and/or their animals will be able to own and run shops, stores, bars and such. Is this how those coins will be obtained?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-09-18 19:07:58 — Link

Poe, there will be a few ways to earn coins, shops included :) Here are they:

• Exploring the outer world (collecting resources, fulfilling trading quests)
  • Fulfilling daily quests obtained in the city from factions, guilds and private individuals
  • Revenue from shops and stores run by beasts
  • Removing beasts from your stables and sending them to serve in your manor for a one time payment

• DragonDreamers
  • User

Posted at 2016-09-26 23:59:43 — Link

Can the pets in BeastEon die? Or are they immortal like on BeastKeeper? I thought that they might not be immortal, but I thought I'd ask to be sure.

MASSIVE Stable Sweep– 100 pets!

https://beastkeeper.com/thread/11418 [OPEN]

Item Trades:

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/10638 [TEMP CLOSED]

I am currently attempting to breed for pets with a better chance at fighting Etelia for the upcoming event! When the project develops a bit more, I'll make an Etelia Warriors group where you can track my progress, and where I'll eventually(hopefully) be selling some!

Project Status: Breeding pets with 1-3 right genes to get the recessive ones.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-09-27 00:12:38 — Link

DragonDreamers, they are immortal :) We plan to manage the population surplus without death. 

• DragonDreamers
  • User

Posted at 2016-09-27 00:21:28 — Link

Will you see your manor, or will it just be unseen, like BeastKeeper? I know some sites have customizable houses.

MASSIVE Stable Sweep– 100 pets!

https://beastkeeper.com/thread/11418 [OPEN]

Item Trades:

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/10638 [TEMP CLOSED]

I am currently attempting to breed for pets with a better chance at fighting Etelia for the upcoming event! When the project develops a bit more, I'll make an Etelia Warriors group where you can track my progress, and where I'll eventually(hopefully) be selling some!

Project Status: Breeding pets with 1-3 right genes to get the recessive ones.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-09-27 01:39:58 — Link

DragonDreamers, manors will be unseen. However, we're discussing the visualization of beast facilities (shops, cafés, booths etc. that your beasts may have to earn something from their work). It's not among the alpha goals but something we would like to add later as a major content update.

« Prev | 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11 12 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla