Boards < General < General Chat < Quest Event Writing Contest

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-05-24 23:59:43 — Link

Writie your own quest event!

We offer players to write their own quest events like the previous events that described the competition between two species (a few examples of the past events: 1, 2, 3, and a previous similar contest). To take part in this contest, you need to write your own event and submit it to this thread. Your entry must contain the following parts:

1. Two species that participate in challenge
2. Who are the competitors (factions, guilds, beastlords, species...) and why do they compete
3. Requirements for the participating pets
4. Bonus for the winning species
5. Description of the event

Example with the previous event as a basis

1. Species: Cockatrice and Puma
2. Who and why: The Mechanicians Guild and The Miners Guild are trying to win the tender for developing of the new Selenium deposit
3. Requirements: Agility for Puma, Constitution for Cockatrice
4. Bonus: increased energy regeneration speed
5. Description:

The Mechanicians Guild has developed the unique Selenium mine with the help of Rocs for several years and now the mine is exhausted. The State Portal Service geologists found another vein that lies deep below the exhausted one. The central problem that they are facing is how to reach there to continue development. A new tender is announced to find a technology to break the way through the hard rock and reach the deposit of the indispensable Selenium.

The Miners offer to use the agility and ability to see in the darkness of Pumas. The hard rock is pierced with a high number of narrow twisting channels of natural origin. Pumas can explore these channels and find the easy way to the lower deposits.
The Mechanicians think that the fastest method to make a way to the deposits is to use the acid of Cockatrices and simply dissolve the rock.

Both approaches require some extraordinary efforts from pets. Pumas must be extremely agile to find their way through insidious and dangerous channels, and Cockatrices must show high endurance to stand such body burden and produce enough acid solution.

Who are you going to help? There are 7 days for the competitors to hire enough participant pets. If you would like to participate in this event, go to Quests tab: Miners are looking for the agile Pumas while Mechanicians need the tough Cockatrices.

Possible bonuses

• Decreased island enter energy cost
  • Increased chance to catch a wild pet
  • Increased energy cap
  • Cheaper training
  • Cheaper genetics research
  • Increased energy regeneration speed
  • Increased HP
  • Increased damage
  • Increased Agility
  • Increased Courage
  • Increased Strength
  • Increased Intuition
  • Increased Intelligence
  • Increased Constitution

The deadline for this contest is June 6th 23:59 (game time).

Reward for the winner

The author of the winning event concept will get 50 and unique "Historian" achievement. And your event will go live and become a part of the BeastKeeper world!

There can be several winning event concepts at the discretion of administration. In this case the winning events will be held one after another (there are may be pauses for other types of events).

We wish you good luck and eager to see how the world will change with your stories!

• HellsDementedAngel
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-25 00:11:57 — Link

How about having a competition between Cockatrice and Symurgh. To see which species can help the Dragons restore their mountain homes to the fullest. Mainly by returning their stolen gold back to them, in which the humans have taken for themselves.

The abyss awaits us all

http://k-kagutsuchi-industries.weebly.com/about.html

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-05-25 00:14:52 — Link

HellsDementedAngel, all species are allowed :) Please write the event description according to the scheme in the starting post here.

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-25 00:38:40 — Link

My story idea based on the example.

Vermillion Exstinction 

The rich blood-red vermillion we all use is becoming scarce and may soon be extinct. Every easily accesed deposite has been exhausted and reserves of vermillion are running low. The Miners Guild, reconizing the crisis, has been on a ceaseless search to find a new deposite before all vermillion is used up. What they found was streaks of vermillion withen the rocks of a mountain in the deep wilds. When they tried to open a mine shaft their tools shattered and the machines broke before even making a dent. The vermillion on the surface of the mountain is not enough, and is hinting at a plethhora of vermillion inside. All mesures must be taken to obtain access as the amount locked away because it could supply the entire of Europa for years. The Miners Guild has dubbed the mountain's stone veleninium, along with some swears and curses.

The Miners Guild is now reaching out to Beastlords for help them in creating an extensive mine shaft to be able to harvest the vermillion. When the members of the guild discussed possible ways to break into the stone two feasible ideas stayed strong in the discussion. First is that strong Cockatrice with Acid strike would have acid potent enough to melt away at the stone. The other was that strong Lykos with Ice Breath could chill the stone so much that a good strike with a mallet would shatter the rock.

If these methods works the Lykos and Cockatrice who help the Miners Guild will learn new invaluable skills of how to harvest more vermillion and Europa's vermillion supply will be stablized.

Which species will you choose? There are 7 days to hire enough participant pets before the vermillion runs out. If you would like to participate in this event, go to Quests tab:  the Miners Guild is looking for the strong Cockatrice with Acid Strike and Lykos with Ice Breath.

The winning species will get a bonus: all participant pet's chance to find vermillion on islands permanatly increased by 20%.

(Percent can be lowered or risen to sit nicely and not effect the vermillion economy too much. Also people can submit a different pet for each day so I assume it should remain low, or it can be risen if it only last a week or so.)

(Edited to add more story.)

(Veleninium, velen, velens. Velens means powerful, severe, strong.)

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-25 00:39:52 — Link

1. Species: Symurgh and Roc
2. Who and why: The Town Orchestra and Gifted Sculptor are debating which is the more artistic species.
3. Requirements: Intelligence + Song of Peace for Symurgh, Intuition + Agile Paws for Roc
4. Bonus: increased energy cap

Artistic Differences

The Town Orchestra has always received high praise for its innovative use of talented pets to create the unique sounds they have come to be known for. The voices of these beasts blend together with the instruments to create a hauntingly beautiful melody that combines the refined sound of the instruments with the natural harmonies of the beasts.

While the Orchestra employs many of the species to acheive this, none is more desirable than the Symurgh for its enchanting Song of Peace. For its beauty and talent the Town Orchestra would like to have the Symurgh named the most artistic of all the species.

When the Town Orchestra proposed this idea, a local Gifted Sculptor stood up in opposition, claiming that in his work he has found that Rocs with Agile Paws are an immensely artistic and creative species. He would like to name them as a candidate to oppose the artistic abilities of the Symurghs.

To settle the dispute, a week long arts festival is to be held where each of the species can demonstrate their talents. The Town Orchestra and Gifted Sculptor are calling on the aid of Beastlords to enter their pets to perform to show which species is the more talented.

During the 7 days of festivites the Town Orchestra will be looking for intelligent Symurghs with Song of Peace who have the ability to read and follow music while the Gifted Sculptor is requesting intuitive Rocs with Agile Paws to sculpt masterpieces out of the provided materials. Participants can be entered to perform on a daily basis over at the Quests tab: may the most artistic pet win. As a reward, the species who is deemed the most artistic will receive an increased energy cap for a week so as to allow them to continue working on honing their talents.

-----------------------------------------

Quote from Angel from the last Writing Contest:: The list of current factions and structures that are mentioned in quests:

• Druids Circle
  • Council of Mages
  • Conclave of Warlocks
  • Selection Academy
  • Trade Federation
  • Association of Gamblers
  • Mechanicians Guild
  • University
  • Town Council
  • Messenger Service
  • Geological Exploration Service
  • Counter-espionage Service
  • Municipal Pound
  • Guard College
  • Sports Association
  • Hunters Guild
  • Order of Knights

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-25 01:11:49 — Link

1. Species: Gryphon and Lykos
2. Who and why: The Neurology Department and the Intensive Care Department within Muncipal Hospital are trying to win the available funding for their research.
3. Requirements: Constitution + Slow-Minded for Gryphons, Courage + Weak Muscles for Lykos
4. Bonus: Cheaper genetics research

Defect Demonstrations

Pets with genetic conditions have been studied by various organizations so that they can learn from them and develop ways to overcome the disabilities. No group has found more use for these pets than the Muncipal Hospital who can test new medical procedures on the beasts. With new breakthroughs just around the corner, the hospital is having a funding dilemma that is affecting their current research.

The Neurology Department within the hospital wishes to use Slow-Minded Gryphons in their research to enhance memory retention and fight the debilitiating effects of Alzheimer's in aging patients.
The Intensive Care Department within the hospital wants to use Lykos with Weak Muscles to develop a method of strengthing the muscles of immobile patients who have grown weak from their bedridden state.

While these are both noble causes, the hospital only has it within its budget to focus on one area of research at the moment. The hospital's board has decided to allow both departments a week to gather support for their causes from the Beastlords of the land.

Which department do you believe should receive the funding for their research? There are 7 days for Beastlords to volunteer their own pets over at the Quests tab to help out with the research for each department so they can make their case to the board. The Neurology Department is looking for Gryphons with high Constitution who are Slow-Minded, while the Intensive Care Department is looking for Brave Lykos with Weak Muscles. The species that assists its corresponding department the most will be rewarded by Muncipal Hospital with cheaper genetic research for a week.

• lamarqueisdead
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-25 01:24:08 — Link

Species: Throdama and Symurgh

Who and Why: The Champions of Ganymede and the Knights of Io debate - is battle best fought with brute strength, or elegant strategy?

Requirements: Throdama with Strength (Defender/Warrior morph), Symurgh with Agility and Intelligence

Bonus: +50% EXP Bonus

Strength and Cunning

The Champions of Ganymede have used Throdamas as beasts of war for countless generations. The heavily armored Defenders plow through enemy lines, spikes and plating pushing foes aside so that the strong and savage Warriors can cut them down.

The Knights of Io ride into battle on the backs of enormous, elegant Symurghs, using the beasts' agility, grandeur, and ethereal power to intimidate their foes and carry out elaborate battle plans.

The Champions of Ganymede are not renowned for cunning strategical maneuvers. Their methods are brutal and harsh, and seen by the Knights of Io as barbaric. "The Ganymedians are as cunning as a stone golem, and about as ruthless," goes a saying amidst the Ioian knights.

The Knights of Io have elegant strategy, but do not utilize the brute power of their beasts to win battles. Because of this, the Champions of Ganymede see them as too soft and too fussy. One Ganymedian general claimed that the Knights of Io "fail to use their beasts at their full strength", which she spoke of as dishonorable.

The Knights and Champions have agreed to meet on Europa to settle the debate and make peace. They will remain on Europa for a week, in which several tournaments will take place. Symurghs and Throdamas will compete against each other, testing the strength and agility of both species. The tournaments will take place at the Cavalier Field, where Beastlord mounts are trained.

The Champions of Ganymede seek strong Defender and Warrior Throdamas to represent Ganymede in the tournaments. The Knights of Io seek agile and clever Symurghs to represent Io. The Champions and Knights will utilitze the Quests system to acquire the participants.

The victorious species will receive accolades from all three nations and bonuses from their native planet. For 7 days, the winning species will receive a 50% increase to EXP gain.

I'm sorry, the signature that you are attempting to reach is not available. Please leave a message at the tone. *beep*

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-25 02:26:51 — Link

Hmm, not that good at writing, but here goes, I guess:

1. Species: Dragon & Cockatrice

2. Who and Why: Will be in the description

3. Requirements: Tough Dragon with Feaersome Look and Agile Cockatrice with Petrifying Gaze.

4. Bonus: Can't really decide, but if I had to pick one, it'd probably be Cheaper Training, because they'll be more disciplined.

5/ Description:

A newly formed group, the Union of Damsels -- you may have seen, and done, some of their requests before -- is planning to host a social gathering, but with all the suitors and riff-raffs around, they'll be vunerable without gaurds; thus they sent, to all Beastlords, requesting for Tough Dragons with Fearsome Look to scare the riff-raffs away; if the suitor were to cause trouble, or riff-raffs were to get in, they'd need Agile Cockatrices with Petrifying Gaze to quickly stop them from ruining the event.

With the requests sent, the organizers thought, "Why not make this into an event? Regular gartherings are so dreary.", thus the two species are to compete for the title Knights in Glistening Scales; the species with the most contribution will have a decreased cost when training for a week.

PS. I have some more ideas, but don't know much about the lore of BeastKeeper, thus don't know which fractions to choose, but I'll try to come up with something and get back to you.

PS2. Not sure if we can submit more then one, but saw that Sylviianel had submitted two, so I guess that's allowed?

My Pet Sales page --

Currently have 3 extra Blueprint: Military Academy level 3

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• DNA
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-25 02:33:09 — Link

1. Species:Dragon and Roc.

2. Who and why:The Conclave of Warlocks and the Hunters Guild are trying to find more pets in the ravine territory.

3. Requirements: Strength for Dragon,Agility for Roc

4. Bonus: 2 times regeneration speed for the winner specie.

5. Description:

The search for pets

The Conclave of Warlocks is looking for some pets in a steep ravine but the Hunters Guild is also searching for the pets in the same place.

The Warlocks think that the best way to find them is to use the might and strength of the dragons because they are fearsome flying pets and flying is the only way to not get lost in the deep of the steep ravine.

The  prefer to use the gargantuan size and agility of  Rocs since they are built for speed,and would speed the search.

Dragons and Rocs need to have high strength and agility to endure the flight over the region.

Dragons must have a high strength stat to do the exhaustive flight at the interior of the ravine , and the Rocs need to have a high agility since they need to cover a bigger area from the top of the ravine.

Which faction will you help?The search will last 7 days.                                                    To participate go to the Quests page,Conclave of Warlock  need strong dragons and the Hunters Guild need agile Rocs.

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-25 03:01:51 — Link

1. Species: Gryphons and Symurghs
2. Who and why: A team of researchers is looking for Gryphons and Symurghs to help in their studies of discovering any similarities between these two half-avian beasts and the planets of which they natively reside.
3. Requirements: Strength for Gryphon, Agility for Symurgh, Animal Instincts for Both
4. Bonus: increased energy regeneration speed
5. Description:

Partial Avians of a Feather

Since the improvement of the Gryphon genetics was achieved, a team of highly trained scientists has been researching the Gryphons of Europa and the Symurghs of Io, comparing the two and their genetic lineage. These two creatures come from different planets and yet obvious connections can be drawn from their appearance alone, with them both being half-avian creatures.

Historians have also been called in to help the team investigate environmental causes on both planets that could have affected their development, such as events that would have required each to evolve in a manner so as to posses the qualities of both avian creatures and mammals to survive. They hope to be able to find a link between the two that will help divulge more information on the inner workings and mechanisms of these two species.

The research team is enlisting the help of Beastlords to help bring in a diverse range of specimens for them to study. For 7 days they will be using the Quests tab for their recruitment of Strong Gryphons and Agile Symurghs each possessing the Animal Instinct gene to help them uncover similarities, and differences, between the two. As a reward, the species that offers the researchers the most insight will be able to regenerate energy more quickly for a week.

@Wireath:: I don't know if there is a limit to entries or not. I just know that I have a lot of ideas and plan on submitting them all unless I'm told not to.

Also, if anyone has any comments on my entries feel free to PM me to let me know what you think. I love getting feeback, but make sure any criticism you have is constructive.

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-25 03:29:24 — Link

1. Species: Puma and Lykos
2. Who and why: A Beastlord father is deciding on whether a Puma or a Lykos would make the better pet for his young daughter.
3. Requirements: Agility + Lionheart for Puma, Agility + Tireless Heart for Lykos
4. Bonus: Decreased island enter energy cost

5. Description:

Heart-to-Heart

"He loves me, he loves me not. He loves me, he loves me not..." A young girl sat in the gardens of her father's estate, pulling off the petals of the flowers as she played her silly childish game. Her father, a mighty Beastlord, sat nearby, an amused smile working its way into his features as he watched his daughter with all the love of a doting parent in his eyes. Love came in many forms, and matters of the heart could be rather complicated, he knew. But his daughter was still young and had all the time in the world to learn those sorts of things.

She was, however, old enough to be getting herself into all sorts of trouble. She was a restless spirit, always up to something or another. He had recently decided that he would give her a beast of her own, a pet, to help to keep her company and watch over her while he was busy with work. Which pet to choose, well, he had yet to decide what would be best for her. Since, of course, only the best would do for his darling little girl.

A Cockatrice would be too dangerous for a young child, he decided, with all of its dangerous venom and acid. A Dragon would be too scary and he wouldn't want her to accidently hurt herself on a Unicorn's horn. He was wary of bringing an alien species into their home, which eliminated Symurghs and Throdamas, and who wanted a Roc molting its feathers all over the house? Gryphons were said to make great housepets, but they weren't the most affordable of creatures, so that only left Pumas and Lykos. But which one?

As he thought, he came up with an idea. It would come down to a matter of the heart! He had heard tales of the Tireless Hearts possessed by the Lykos, and with the recent competition by the Young Lord he was able to witness the abilities of Pumas with a Lionheart firsthand. They would need to be agile in order to keep up with his daughter, and with the help of his fellow Beastlords he was sure to be able to find which species would better be up to the task. And, to reward the species that is proven to be the better option for his daughter, he will grant the entire species the ability to explore for less energy. His daughter's new pet would need all the help it could get with handling her, he thought with a chuckle.

Would a Puma or a Lykos make for a better pet? There are 7 days for participants to enter their pets to show the Beastlord father what each pet is capable of. To enter, go to the Quests tab: he is looking for Agile Pumas with Lionheart and Agile Lykos with Tireless Heart.

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-25 04:20:57 — Link

1. Species: Unicorn and Symurgh
2. Who and why: The Council of Mages is hosting a beauty pageant to decide whether Unicorns or Symurghs are the more graceful species.
3. Requirements: Agility for Symurgh, Gracefulness for Unicorn
4. Bonus: Cheaper training

5. Description:

Beauty Pageant

The Council of Mages was discussing the aesthetic properties of the beasts when the topic of Symurghs and their natural grace and beauty was brought into question. If they are so elegant, they wondered, then why were the Symurghs not capable of possessing Gracefulness? Unicorns, which were considered to be creatures of beauty and power on Europa, could have this gene, so did that mean Unicorns were the more Graceful of the two species?

In order to settle the dispute amongst its members, who could not come to a conclusion on their own, the Council decided to go with a tried and true method of answering the question at hand - letting the community of Beastlords have their say. A beauty pageant would be held, and the Mages would make their decision based on the entries of the participating Beastlords.

Do the Unicorns or Symurghs possess more grace? The pageant will be a 7-day long event, and participants can enter their pets over at the Quests tab: the Council of Mages is looking for Agile Symurghs and Graceful Unicorns. The winning species, having been proven the most graceful, will be able to be trained for less silver for a week.

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-25 06:47:18 — Link

1. Species: Gryphon and Cockatrice
2. Who and why: The Order of Knights and the Association of Gamblers are having a duel, pitting Gryphons against Cockatrices that each embody their ideals.
3. Requirements: Courage + Gladiator for Gryphon, Intuition + Bet Expert for Cockatrice
4. Bonus: Cheaper training
5. Description:

Noble Intent vs Dirty Dealings

The Order of Knights is a noble order that upholds traditions and values. Lately, however, they have had their hands full dealing with the questionable activities of the Association of Gamblers. In committing these deeds the Gamblers are challenging the honor of the Knights and their ability to keep the peace, and they refuse to let the challenge go unmatched. The Order is determined to bring the Association of Gamblers to justice. To do so the Order has issued an official challenge against the Association and the Gamblers, as willing to take risks as ever, eagerly accepted.

The Order of Knights will be represented by Gladiator Gryphons with courage in their hearts. The Association of Gamblers have chosen intuitive Bet Expert Cockatrices as their representatives in the duel. These beasts each embody the ideals of their respective organizations and so will do battle on their behalf.

Which organization do you support? Are you in favor of the idealistic values of the Knights or the risk taking lifestyle of the Gamblers? Head over to the Quests tab to take part in the duel: the Association of Gamblers is looking for Brave Gryphons with Gladiator while the Association of Gamblers is looking for Intuitive Cockatrices with Bet Expert. The dueling shall last for 7 days and each organization has agreed that, upon their defeat, they will help to pay for the training of the winning species for an entire week, making it less for the owner of the beasts.

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-25 06:57:39 — Link

Dragon Ambush

In the last few days a Wealthy Noble was traveling through the forest wilds on a caravan decorated in gold. He was bringing his riches with him from his castle in the forest to his one at water front. He was bored and wanted a change of scenery. The driver insisted on using an old abandoned route, as robbers would not be stalking a trail that never saw carts. The noble agreed, trusting his driver's knowlage. They were traveling through a particularly dense part of the wilds when a roar echoed overhead. The uncicorns pulling the cart spooked and took off at a gallop. The cart was jumping across the unmanaged trail, threatning to tip. The noble was ready to leap out to save his life when the jumping stopped. The looked out the window and saw talons grasping the cart. A dragon had the caravan in its grasp and was taking it to the air. The noble slammed open the door and leapt before he was too high. The unicorns had broken free and the driver was doing his best to calm them. The noble ran to the unicorns, glancing behind to see his caravan being lifted into the air. He and the driver jumped onto the uncicorns and fled. Behind them was a crash as the cart was dropped and shattered, gutting open all of the riches held withen. The dragon cared more about the gold than persuing the noble. The unicorns did not stop until they reached a town and were halted by several stable hands who managed to calm them.

Now recovered from the ordeal the Noble wants to retreive his riches from the clutches of the dragon and has asked the Beastlords to help. He is kind-hearted and does not want the dragon slain or harmed in any way. The dragon was just acting on instinct after all, and it didnt try to kill him. Instead he wants to take his riches back secretly. How ever many can be retrieved before the dragon wakes. He was not able to watch the dragon fly off to its lair to be able to say the direction it is is. He still rememembers where his caravan was destroyed though. He is looking for brave Lykos with Hound to sniff out where the dragon's lair hides using the scent on the wreckage. He also wants intelligent Rocs with Acute Eyesight to search from the air.

Which species will you choose? There are 7 days to hire enough participant pets before the dragon relocates its lair and stash because of too much disturbance in his current lair. If you would like to participate in this event, go to Quests tab:  the Wealthy Noble is looking for the brave Lykos with Hound and intelligent Rocs with Acute Eyesight.

The winning species will get a bonus: Permanant +10 to all characteristics.

(+10 stats as in strength 65 changes to strength 75)

(There are 307 Lykos with Hound and 319 Rocs with Acute Eyesight, so it would be nice and fair.)

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-25 08:03:28 — Link

1. Species: Dragon and Unicorn
2. Who and why: The University is looking for Dragons and Unicorns to help decide on the best new curriculum and teaching methods for its students.
3. Requirements: Silly for Dragon, Scholar for Unicorn
4. Bonus: Increased Intelligence
5. Description:

Teaching Methods

Recently it has come to the attention of the University's head that there has been a drop in the grades of its students. Not all of the students are realizing their full potential under the current curriculum and the way the material is taught so it has been decided that a new class syllabus will be provided in hopes that the new lessons will appeal to a wider range of students.

The English professor has suggested that a Silly Dragon be used to help create and test the new classes. If a Dragon with a short attention span can be taught then surely the methods used would work on the students.
The Mathematics professor has suggested that a Unicorn with Scholar be used in implementing the new curriculum. The students should be held to higher standards so that they may all succeed; the classes should not be catering to the lowest denominator but instead should be reaching for new horizons.

The Head of the University recognizes that students benefit from different kinds of lessons and that everyone learns in their own way. There is only room in the curriculum for one of the new strategies to be used since making too many changes at once would require training for the teachers that the University simply doesn't have the budget to supply.

Which class would be most successful in helping increase the grades of the students? The University will be holding a 7-day long testing period and will be inviting Silly Dragons and Scholarly Unicorns onto its campus to take the tests - go to the Quests tab now to take the test. The species who is most successful with their testing will take away from it new knowledge, increasing the intelligence of the species.

Edit for Note:: With this event, there have now been 12 posted during this contest. This is the first day the contest has been up, and it has only been going on for 8 hours now, and we have as many entries as the last contest had during its entire duration.

« Prev | 1 2 3 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla