Boards < General < News & Announcements < Species Competition Event

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-05-18 00:00:23 — Link

Competition in the Deserted City

Competition in the Deserted City

A young but influential aristocrat has recently taken possession of a large manor on the south of the kingdom. He has chosen to become a Beastlord, and only one little thing darkens the approaching day of ceremony: what pet to choose? The noble young man was attracted by the latest achievements of the Association of Breeders, and he finds the improvements in genetics of Pumas and Gryphons very inspiring. Both of these species are known as great battle and leisure companions. To make a final decision, the young lord decided to hold a competition for these two species. He paid the Warlocks to maintain a stable portal to a distant deserted city for one week, and hired a few assistants to hide the competition tokens all over the city. The environment is unfamiliar, scaring and uncomfortable for both species. Participating beasts will need remarkable courage and intelligence to find and collect the tokens. The winner will be the species that has made more raids to the deserted city and thus will collect more tokens. As a reward, the young lord will proudly adopt a pet of the winning species… and will pay the Warlocks to supply all pets of the winning species with serum that increases energy regeneration rate twice for one week. There's also a nice silver payout for every pet who is brave and clever enough to take part!

Which species will you choose? There are 7 days to hire enough participant pets. If you would like to participate in this event, go to Quests tab:  the Young Lord is looking for the clever Gryphons and Pumas with Lionheart.

The winning species will get a bonus: energy regeneration speed will be two times faster for one week.

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-18 00:10:31 — Link

I thought my quest page looked longer than usual!

For once I'm glad that an event doesn't invovle exploring because I had a cartographer sneak in before I could send my traveling magician invite.

Breeder of trash deviants

• Liandralithe
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-18 00:16:30 — Link

I don't really breed gryphons and pumas so have none that fit the criteria :(

I do have a couple that are recessive so bred them and hope to have lionheart babies soon.

Always looking for the following: Mutagen, Change Sex Scrolls, Rainbow Jars

I need: 2 Money Tree Saplings; 3 Nightcat; 1 Warehouse (lvl 6)

I have: 1 Spirit in a Jar; 1 Snake Eye

Have Ice Breath + Ice Aura Lykos and Lightning Rocs for Sale

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-18 00:24:47 — Link

This is... hm, the best word I have for it is different. It isn't like the normal exhibitions, that's for sure. That's not a bad thing but, at the same time, I don't really see it as a good thing either. It's just a thing.

I have a Puma I can use, and a second that just needs some training to gain enough levels to increase its intelligence, so I can swap the two of them to help make it so I have one doing the quest pretty much at all times.

And, so people know, I checked the ajax-pet-search. There are 145 Pumas in the game that have a Dominant Lionheart gene + 81 intelligence and 647 Gryphons with Dominant Lionheart + 36 intelligence.

That raises the question of why do Pumas need to have so much more intelligence to do the quest than Gryphons? There are far more elligible Gryphons than Pumas for this quest. If the Gryphons had to have 81 intelligence too then there would be 171 Gryphons in the game that could participate. If the Pumas only needed 36 intelligence then there would be 953 that could join. (roughly speaking, as ajax doesn't take into account the pets with unresearched genes)

Edit:: I'm just making this comment an edit so as not to end up holding a discussion here in the announcement thread. The intelligence requirement changing each day, as Lytala suggested might be the case, would help to even things out and help Pumas to be on equal ground with the Gryphons. If this isn't what is going on then it seems to me that Gryphons have quite a large advantage over Pumas.

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-18 00:28:37 — Link

I imagine that the intelligence required will be different each day and will average out in the end.

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-18 03:25:23 — Link

I'm pretty sure the requirements are different from person to person, cuz for me, I need: 75 Int for gryphons, and 62 for Pumas, too bad I don't have any pets that meet the requirement, cuz I haven't bred Gryphons or Pumas yet.

My Pet Sales page --

Currently have 3 extra Blueprint: Military Academy level 3

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• Skylinne
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-18 04:49:56 — Link

Even though I don't breed neither Pumas nor Griffons I found this idea very creative! I`m looking forward to see more events like this in the future. Also, I'm pretty sure the required numbers are random, as I was asked for both clever Pumas [82] and clever Griffons [85].

I was also among the ones wonderin why the quest list seemed bigger xD

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-18 07:36:05 — Link

The winner will be the species that has made more raids to the deserted city and thus will collect more tokens.

Huh, I guess I completely misunderstood this at first. I assumed it meant the quest would be available constantly during the week so users could send their pets multiple times in a day to support that species but it's once a day, like normal quests. My bad!

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-05-18 16:36:08 — Link

Guys, we've had these kind of events before: http://beastkeeper.com/thread/3521 and its parent: http://beastkeeper.com/thread/3496

The quest was available once a day and in the end the species with teh high number of completed quests won and received the bonus. 

I very much like these events that are quest based! I have a lionheart gryphon... Don't have the puma, but I can work on that. I think these are a great deal of fun. 

Thanks Angel, I hope to see more of these! :D

EDIT: Also, see the parent thread of that post to answer your question, at least in part Sylviianel. The Unicorns were the underdog and not as popular as the dragons. Also, if you think about it. Those pets have to be held by active users that are participating in the quest to count. Yeah, there are more, so a slight advantage, but in the end if they don't compete. They don't win. 

LETS GO GRYPHONS!!!! 

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Rising_Phoenix
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-20 00:48:01 — Link

LET'S GO PUMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Rising like a Phoenix from the ashes~

Idiom of the Phoenix.

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-21 03:01:36 — Link

Hmm, if it's been done before, with Dragons and Unicorns, the only two that haven't had this would be Cockatrice and Roc, hope we get that sooner or later, as I'm breeding Cockatrices right now :P -- though I can't predict how you'll set it up. (Maybe something like Stench & Massive Wing, or we'll get some type of 'Breath' Battle -- with the four(?) beasts with it..)

My Pet Sales page --

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-21 03:06:24 — Link

I want the Cockatrice vs Roc one too, although I'd be rooting for the Rocs.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-05-21 05:13:22 — Link

I'm down for a "Battle of the Elements" 

Lightning, Ice, Fire and Acid... hmm... Acid isn't really an element....

We should have another writing contest! :D

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2015-05-22 11:05:01 — Link

Acid can be depending on how you look at it -- It can be deprived into two viens, depending on your view point; either Light or Dark -- Acid can be classified as decay, which can be Recovery or Poison.

My Pet Sales page --

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-05-22 17:48:12 — Link

Nooo my Pumas are smarter than my gryphons so I have more to enter. My Lionhearted gryphons are not smart enough!! Come on gryphons! Make a comeback!!! 

Hmm, I guess it could be true. Like poison... I think I like the classification into darkness/decay. 

Now I really want a battle of the elements on the quests. Can we have a writing contest for this??? What happened to the BK writers? 

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla