Boards < Community < Roleplay < A Journey to Remember (Private with Dragunity)

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 159 160 161 162 163 | Next »

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2016-12-01 04:46:48 — Link

"I... Thank you. I just feel like I should be able to do so much more," Midnight said, lifting herself up before resting some of her weight on Goldenscale and Corazon, "I feel as though I should be able to do so much more, that I should know so much more than I do."

"Under normal cercumstances, that'd be true, but you are not under such. You were made a thrall from birth, but freed. You were reborn  through the Shadowbinder's blessing where once there was a blank slate. You already show a great control over the element bestowed upon you," Kaden said, fallowing the group, "If not for you, I'm sure that fight would have gone sour. Even then, you showed us that you have a strong spirit by fighting off the virus. One doesn't need to be smart to no be a burden, you just need to be yourself, and do what you can."

"Yes, well, you should be able to grow more when we get back to the village. It never hurst to have a little extra after all, especially on long trips. As for you Midnight, you're no burden. A burden wouldn't save their allies in a fight after all," Corazon said, letting Midnight and Goldenscale lead, "We all have our roles with those around us. Your may very well be the protector if what you've show is anything to go by. That on its own only requires that you know who your friends are and how to protect them."

Those who can see, can not. The blind see everything.

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2016-12-20 09:05:20 — Link

Goldenscale gave a soft sigh.  "You have done so much for us today.  Without your help we probably wouldn't have been able to take down that beast.  If that had continued to roa freely, we al could have been endangered.  I'm just sorry that you ended up getting hurt." she answered, supporting Midnight.  She then smiled as she listened to everyone talk, telling Midnight just how helpful she had been and that she was indeed no burden to the group.  Even if other people thought that she had been a burden, Goldenscale herself would have thought otherwise.  She believed that everyone was there for a reason, and Midnight was there to be a part of this.  "I agree with them both." she stated simply, feeling no need to elaborate.

Don't give up hope when it seems lost

I'm a mistake, yet I'm still here

Chase after what you believe

And make every second count.  

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2016-12-20 09:37:48 — Link

"If there's anything you need to do, it's believe in yourself. Your abilities are only just blooming, and how they develope is up to you. Shadowbinder gave you a piece of her power for a reason. She must have seen in you something worth giving a second chance," Kaden stated, fallowing the group, "When we get back to the village, you should rest though. That virus will have done quite the number on you for sure."

"On that note, I'll be working on a few supplies for you all to take when you leave tomorrow. I know not where all your journey will take you, but it'll be nice to have some extra supplies on hand when traveling," Corazon added, "It's the least I can do for everything you've done for us.  Few would argue with me once they hear of what transpired out here."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-14 08:58:32 — Link

Goldenscale gave a nod in agreement with Kaden.  "Agreed.  Many of the deities of this world do things for a reason, and they only look at beings that walk upon this world if they can do something of use to them.  You must havea lot of potential, and as such, you are a valuable being upon this world." she said with a smile.  

With that, she looked over to Corazon as she spoke, giving her a nod in reponse.  "That would be very helpful, Corazon, thank you."

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2017-01-14 09:33:42 — Link

"Well, at any rate, you will need to get some rest Midnight. After a fight like that though, I'd say we could all use some rest," Corazon said, mutting a short spell to create an orb of light to light the way, "Unfortunate for me, I have some supplies to make. Regardless, I promised you all supplies, and I don't plan on breaking it."

"Just don't push yourself too hard. None of us, especially Ahnah, would want to see you hurt yourself to help us. It is well without our abilities to make our own should we need them," Kaden said, stepping aside hen the village came into sight, "Besides, Ahnah will be traveling with us. She's went through the same training as you, plus some."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2017-04-29 23:55:05 — Link

Goldenscale looked to the mage as she spoke, giving a nod.  "Well, just don't tire yourself out either.  You deserve rest just as much rest as the rest of us.  I would be more than happy to help make supplies if you so need it though." she offered, still helping to support Midnight.  She then looked to Kaden as he spoke, occasionally looking back to the path to make sure she wasn't straying.  He was true, and she gave a nod in agreement.

((Sorry if this post isn't as good as it could have been...I gotta get back into the groove))

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2017-04-30 02:17:09 — Link

((It's fine. Just a question, do you mind vissual novels?))

Giving a nod Corazon, signaled for the villag egates to be opened. Once everyone was inside, she led the way back into the shaman's hut where Ahnah and Deniigi were waiting. Upon seeing Midnight, Ahnah moved to help get her down to rest..

"Judging by how tired you all seem, I take it something decided to make things difficult," Ahnah said, checking Midnight over, "Whatever happened, I'm just glad you're all unharmed, or at least safe. Midnight's a little out of energy, but that's nothing some good rest wont fix."

"While you all were out, Ahnah and I were able to prepare a few bundles of medical supplies. They wont be much good for anything major, but they should be able to cover just about any minor injury or illness," Deniigi said, setting up a kettle of tea, "Given Midnight's condition, I'd say you all had a run in with a Shade touched being. It's a sad sight to see them, but they're beyond saving at that point."

(Sorry about my short posting as well. Didn't get much sleep last night for reasons I don't know.)

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-12 05:53:29 — Link

((Yeah, I do like visual novels~  I read them from time to time.  And no worries, those nights suck.  I hope you've had better nights since then though~  Besides, your post is still long.))

Also, if we are going off of FlightRising dragons, I think Goldenscale would be a Skydancer with some Imperial flares, like her wings being completely feathered.))

Goldenscale continued to support Midnight unil they reached the village, helping her to the hut.  She looked up to see Ahnah and Deniigi waiting, and she gave a smile to them, glad to be back.  In response to Ahnah's statement, the smaller dragon gave a nod, though she was glad the came back relatively unharmed.  As Deniigi started to speak, Goldenscale turned her head to look at him, not sitting on the ground.  "Well, thank you for them nonetheless.  It will definitely help us in our jouney." she replied with a smile.  "And we did run into one of those beings.  I believe it was called a Gore Magala, and we managed to take care of it with the help of a human.  I just wish we could do more." 

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-12 08:34:51 — Link

((I've been able to get a little more sleep lately. Have you heard of Angels With Scaly Wings then? I was pleasantly surprised with it.

As far as the world of this rp goes, i imagine it's more an amalgamation of insperations, both original and otherwise. You're free to add in your own if you wish.))

"I see. It's a sad sight to see such noble beings reduced to such feral mindsets. At least you and the human were able to put that one out of its missery. Normaly, the scales of Gore and Shagaru Magalas would instil fertility in whatever soil they land on, but the Shade's corruption has turne them into a plague like weapon," Deniigi said, counting out cups so that there'd be one for everyone, "If my research on such corruption, the only two ways of curing an individual would be to either kill them, or destroy the Shade. Normally, those we find exhibiting signs of corruption are put down, but now we have hope that they will be cured without bloodshed. We can now attempt to keep them restrained till you all can take the Shade down."

"We still have several runes and champions to find before we can even attempt that, but it does add one more reason for us to push forward. If there's even a small chance that our actions will save the corrupted, then I will fight for them. Everyone deserves the freedom to be who they are," Ahnah said, guiding Midnight over to some bed for her to rest, "I will admit, i'm surprised a human was able to help take that being on. Every human I've seen has either been too frail, or relied entirely on magic. I guess that just proves there's still much of the world I have yet to see."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-12 08:58:00 — Link

((I'm glad you have~  No, I haven't heard of that before, though that sounds really cool!  Where did you read it?

I can see if being an amalgamation.  I was just saying that because I'm just trying to clean up Goldenscale's character and stuff.  I've been thinking back to everything about her, and I'm a little horrified at myself at so all over the place she is.  I'm just trying to clean her up a bit.))

The golden dragon listened to Deniigi as he explained about the Magala, frowning a little bit as she listened.  They must have been such noble creatures before, but then again, a lot of creatures used to be before they were corrupted by the Shade.  It made her heart hurt a little bit to realize just how far some beings could fall, no that it was their fault.  Not many could withstand such a strong influence.  While she didn't really like getting rid of such a helpful being, it brought her hope to hear that getting ride of the Shade's influence could help them once again.

As Ahnah spoke, Goldenscale listened, givng a nod in reponse to both statements.  "I too will fight if it means that it will bring us all closer to saving those under the Shade's influence, and making everything peaceful once more.  And if humans are capable of fighting against them as well, then that means that it won't be just us magical beings capable of fighting against them and winning.  Hopefully we can all work together to fight for a common goal.  If that one human is capable of it, there must be others." she said with a smile.  Every bit of help counted and made their journey just the slightest bit easier, though there will always be trouble.

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-12 10:55:12 — Link

((Steam suggested it to me at random. At first I thought it was a joke since I don't normally play vissual novels, but it was on sale so i gave it a try. It's got one of those stories that take a few goes through to get enough information to understand.))

"Humans are much like plants in that respect. Where there's one capable of doing something, there's bound to be more with a multitude of variations. Int he same vein, there's bound to at least a few who take the idea to its limits,' Ahnah said, giving a nod, "They're very adaptive creatures for sure. Give a group of them long enough and they'll figure out how to live just about anywhere. I wouldn't doubt that there would be at least a few towns of them living out in the desert or out on the oceans."

"I can't say I know that much about humans, but it does sound like they'd at least be worth working with. If they're as hardy as Ahnah says, then it may be worth asking them for assistance i n your travels," Deniigi said, "Then again, it's good to have as many allies as you can get when facing as large of a task as you're facing now. A boulder may be hard for one to move, but five may be able to move it without an issue. Besides, it may be a good idea to find allies who don't rely on magic or a connection with nature."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-16 09:18:33 — Link

Goldenscale listened to Ahnah as she spoke, giving a couple of nods in agreement.  What she said certainly made a lot of sense.  Humans were like dragons too, and tended to be very resourceful despite their lack of connection to nature.  It was rather amusing sometimes to see, well, it had been when she did watch them, though she did remember how humans were helpful in releasing Midnight and in helping keep that boy hidden.  "If they are scattered around everywhere, then that means that we might run into them, which would be to our advantage.  As Deniigi said, we could use their resources, maybe pick up some advice and maybe a little help along the way.  With as large as our task is, we will need everything we can find, and if it means they are immune to things we are not, it will help us greatly." she added after she had listened to Deniigi.

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-16 09:57:26 — Link

"Even if we didn't want to work with humans, we're kind of pinned on that matter. Wherever the water champion is, humans have control over the only method for all of us to get to them. Well, at least as far as word has been able to travel has said. Where they lack in proper control over magic, they make up for with machines and persisstance," Ahnah said, moving to check Kaden over, "That said, we'd be foolish to spurn them. They may not carry the tales of the Shade's defeat, but there are plenty of groups among them that would jusst as soon see a threat to the world be destroyed. It's just a matter of fining those groups."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2017-07-21 19:38:30 — Link

Goldenscale gave a nod as she listened to Ahnah talk.  What she said did make sense.  While she did have a water form, she probably wouldn't be able to carry everyone over the water, so they would need to take a boat.  As for finding groups willing to fight, with the right questions, they should be able to find more of them.  "We found one human that helps fight agents of Shade.  I'm sure we can find others that would do the same." she said with a nod. 

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2017-07-21 20:57:59 — Link

"Yes, and he even made it sound like there were many more like him. If that truly is the case, then it would just be a matter of figuring out how to contact them. I know not how much human sociaties have changed over the past couple of decades, so I wont be much help there unfortunately," Kedan said, flinching when Ahnah pasted some medicine over a series of cuts he had sustained, "Perhapse they might even have a means of crossing extreme terrainssuch as the sea or a desert."

"That would be reason enough to try. If we can ally ourselves witha  group that has such means of travel, then we can forgo worrying about heat and cold," Ahnah said, making sure the medicine was rubbed in good before wrapping a bandage around it, "If anything, it'll help keep us from using more resources than we can spare."

« Prev | 1 2 ... 159 160 161 162 163 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla