Boards < Community < Roleplay < A Journey to Remember (Private with Dragunity)

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 160 161 162 163 | Next »

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2017-08-19 07:26:38 — Link

Goldenscale gave a hum as Kaden spoke, nodding her head softly a couple of times.  "Well, I would hope that we'll be able to find them.  Maybe if we ask the humans they might be willing to point us in the right direction, or help us themselves." she offered.  She might not know much about humans either, but she wanted to remain hopeful.  "Being able to find a group capable of helping us through those extremes would be winderful, and would bring us closer together as allies maybe.  But if we do end up using more of our resources than we should have, then there is the possibility of us trading for more.  I don't know their trading systems, or even if they have one at all, but it is a possibility." she added.

Don't give up hope when it seems lost

I'm a mistake, yet I'm still here

Chase after what you believe

And make every second count.  

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2017-08-19 11:51:24 — Link

"They do have a trade system, though I can't say I evertook the time to figure it out. From my experience, , some will be straight forward and jsut trade goods, and then there are those who ask for a number of a certain kind of currency for their goods. Our best bet would be to try and get some gold coins as that seems to be the one universally accepted thing among the many groups of humans," Ahnah said, taking a seat to rest, "As for finding that group of humans, I would think such a group would be well known among them. It would be worth asking around in the next human settlement we come across."

"Well, unless the village was destroyed during the time I was hibernating, there should be one not too far past the extreme edges of the tundra.It was dangerously small back then, but humans have proven to be rather study beings," Kaden added, "If it has suvived, then it would have grown greatly for sure."

Those who can see, can not. The blind see everything.

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2018-05-17 23:15:26 — Link

((*crawls out of the void*  Okay, gonna post!  And hopefully make it more regular now that summer is here and I'm not dying as much anymore.  Sorry for leaving this unreplied to dor so long...))

The golden dragon listened intently as Ahnah spoke, giving a soft hum in thought at her words.  Trading seemed fair and good, but currencies were a little trickier.  With humans having a different society than that of their own, she was unsure of how their coins, or whatever they used, would translate in terms of their own.  That would need to figured out regardless though if they were to get what they needed.  As the conversation turned to that of the human group, Goldenscale gave a nod.  "I can ask around if you want.  Hopefully the search can be easier if it's a human asking instead of a group composed of dragons and a lykos.  Not as suspicious." she offered.  Human speech was a lost easier on a human tongue as well instead of on a dragon's tongue.  

Listening to Kaden as he spoke, she gave another hum.  As long as the temperatures weren't too low, or weren't low for long periods of time, then she should be more than capable of going with them.  "Hopefully they would be able to help us."  If not, then they'd have to travel further to get to where they need to go, and that would expend some of their resources.

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2018-05-18 02:02:41 — Link

((It's fine, life's more important.))

"There's that too. I can't say if Midnight has the capability to transform, but I'm sure they might give us some strange looks if we show up with a draogn and lykos in tow," Ahnah said, looking over to Midnight who had fallen asleep once more, "At any rate, we should be careful wherever we go. Humans, be them as they are, aren't the biggest threat to us out there. There are still the minions of the Shade to contend with, and they carry their own nasty tricks."

"Yes, there's always that. We will need to keep on our toes, even when we're among towns and groups other other species and creeds. We can't garantee those groups will be willing to defend us either," Kaden said, "I can't imagine the trip would be a waste of supplies though. I do remember the area being rich in raw materials."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2018-05-18 03:35:23 — Link

((Found what I was looking for btw.))

"I think that goes to say for anything we do.  Being careful is something that should become second nature if possible.  The more so we act, the less that catch us by surprise." Goldenscale said.  Of course, Shade's minions will more than likely be wherever they are, and where they least expect it, so the more careful they start acting, the better off they will be.  It wouldn't hurt in the long-run.  Especially if what Kaden said was true.  They would need to be ready to protect themselves in any circumstance.  It meant she would definitely need to reach her magic out to read auras more for sure, just to see who was trustworthy, but it would be worth it.  "That's good.  If we are able to replenish our supplies during the journey, it would certainly be less to worry about."

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2018-05-18 04:09:08 — Link

"Ture, and if recent events are anything to go by, it's only going to get harder for us to remain unnoticed as we go. Having a group of fourteen beings travel around, all with their own elemental alignment, just isn't going to be easy to hide from prying eyes. Though, the more of us there are, the easier it will be for us to spot potential threats as well," Ahnah said, "That's also assuming none of the remaining elemental champions are blind or otherwise incappable of sensing danger. Given we already know where one of the remaining champions is, it's probably best we seek them out next in the forests beyond the great desert."

"Let us focus on getting past theh desert first. Given our affinities with heat and cold, that'll be a task in and of itself if not done quickly. On top of that, we'll want to at least dicern a path to the Tempest Spire while we're there so that we can easily get back to it when we're better prepared. I highly doubt there will be any maps that can show us the way, or at least none surviving," Kaden said, "On the subject of the other champions though, I just might know the name of one. While I can only hope he completed his journey, my brother Vin  followed the same path and myself. The only difference is he was better attuned with the energies of fire as apposed to me being of ice. I wouldn't know if he ever finished his pilgrimage though as we had to part ways."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2018-05-18 05:46:56 — Link

Goldenscale gave a small, almost unnoticeable grimace at the thought.  There were always advantages and disadvantages of having a large group, but hopefully it will be better than not.  "Regardless of what the Champions look like, I'm sure they will be helpful in their own ways.  We'll just have to be more accomodating if it's needed."  As everyone started creating their next plan of action, the dragonette listened, taking everything into account.  So, they would need to hurry through the desert to get to the forests past it.  While she would be well equiped with dealing with the heat, seeing as her body readily accepted it, she would need to keep her wings out so she could provide everyone with shade if they needed it.  Ahnah, and perhaps Kaden, would more than likely struggle, seeing as they both had fur that would hold heat in better than expel it.  She doubted there would be water to cool off in while they went.  "When traveling through the desert, would it be better if we flew through it so we won't be in the heat for as long, or would you rather we go on foot?" she asked.  It was a little surprising to hear that Kaden had a brother, and one with the opposite element, but it was interesting all the same.  "Seeking out your brother would probably be the best solution then.  This time we won't have help getting the rune and the champion though, so we'll have to be even more careful."

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2018-05-18 06:35:37 — Link

"It'd probably be best if we fley during the day and walked at night. Likewise, we'd probably want to put some space between during the day and huddle together at night," Ahnah said, scanning over kaden for a moment, "That said, one of us would need to carry Kaden during the day. Regardless of method, I suspect we will be traveling for at least a few days," Ahnah said with a nod. Taking out a small notebook, she passed it ove rto Goldenscale, "Here, this contains several of the notes I took back in the human village. There's a crude map in the front. I didn't exactly have time to copy out the map they had there, but that one should be enough for us to navigate by."

"I can't say for sure if he would have even been able to survive this long. I don't know how long I've been hibernating, let alone if our kind's hibernation methods would even work in a place of fire," Kaden said, blinking once he had processed what Ahnah had said, "You make a good point there. lykos aren't exactly know for being able to fly. If anything, it'd probably be best if I stuck with you during the day Ahnah. Being the champion of ice, I can at least take the edge off the heat to some degree."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2018-05-18 09:35:40 — Link

Ahnah did bring up some solid points concerning their methods of travel.  Flying would be the best way of keeping cool during the day, with the wind constantly hitting them, and then walking at night would keep them together so they could share body heat.  The dragonette had heard deserts got cold at night.  Looking over to the Tundra dragon as she handed her a notebook, Goldenscale looked dutifully over the notes, mapping the way.  While it wasn't perfect, it was enough to more than likely get them to where they needed to go.  She could connect the dots while they flew.  "It is still very helpful.  Deserts are generally just sand, and that is hard to navigate by." she said with a nod, reading over the notes. 

As Kaden gave his opinion of being carried, Goldenscale looked up.  "That probably would be best, but I don't want you to get tired, Ahnah.  We should take turns carrying Kaden, so you don't tire out too quickly.  We more than likely will be flying for hours on end, and it wouldn't be smart.  When we do switch who carries Kaden, someone can fly over Ahnah so she doesn't overheat.  Midnight too, since her scales are black, and black absorbs heat." she commented before going back to reading.

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2018-05-18 14:58:54 — Link

"While I don't think that would be an issue, it's still a good idea. The issue then would be how we would go about trading off. Unless we build some form of sling or something, it'll also be harder in general to carry him. The issue is less about weight and more dealing with the natural defenses of the lykos," Ahnah said, lightly testing a claw on one of Kaden's spines, "Maybe we can see about building such a thing if we come upon a human settlement before then. It'll be something useful to have anyways, especially once we start getting more people in the group and supplies stat taking up more space."

"There's that, and the fact we may very well need something like that elsewhere too. Getting to some of the runes may not be in as friendly of location as those we have already. They might require us to move something that one of us alone would be unable to, or we might need to transport something that's too unwieldy to carry by hand," Kaden said, flinking an ear when Ahnah tapped on a spine, "It's something worth thinking about anyways."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2018-05-19 07:04:45 — Link

That was a good point...  They definitely needed to be safe while they flew.  Hearing Ahnah's suggestion, Goldenscale gave a hum, coming up with very little ideas on how to make a sling at the moment.  They still had time though, so they could mull it over until it's needed.  "I agree.  We definitely will have to start thinking about bringing more supplies the larger our group gets, and we'll definitely have to think about bringing water.  I could potentially grow plants out in the desert for us to eat if anything, but water will be scarce."  Well, there was the option of Kaden using ice magic and then melting that for water, but that wasn't really something she was sure could even happen.  Once again, it was something to be decided upon later.

"That does sound like it could pose a problem.  Having a sling might also be helpful for if someone gets injured and can't really move.  I doubt that would be the case, seeing as Ahnah and I can both use healing magic, but still another use regradless." Goldenscale added with a nod.  While it was highly unlikely, there was always the possibility that either she, Ahnah, or the both of them could run out of energy to perform the needed treatments.  Just all the more reason to be prepared.

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2018-05-19 08:54:45 — Link

"For now, we need to just rest. If the weather holds, we should be leaving in the morning. As much as I'd like to spend a little more time here to make peace with the rest of the clan, there's far more important things to take care of. There are rune and champions left to find," Ahnah said, returning to the fire to retrieve some of the ashes, "As nice as making peace would be, I'd much rather see to it that there is a world to make peace on first. As a group, I would think we're invested in seeing each other get the chance to return home, or find a home in some cases."

"True, you never know when someone might sustain injuries beyond our immediate ability to heal. I would think it would be safe to think you and Ahnah only have a limited well of energy to pull on for such magics. If too many of us get hurt at once, or one of you two get incompacitated, then it'll be nice to have something that'll help us keep moving while time runs its corse," Kaden said, "Regardles, we would only need to find some basic materials to make a sling or hammok. We would just need to find a material to weave rope from, and something that can then support our weight to use as handles."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2018-05-19 09:28:30 — Link

Taking one last look over the notes, Goldenscale handed Ahnah back her notes, certain she could remember what she needed when the time came for it.  Listening as the other spoke, Goldenscale gave a soft hum, nuzzling Ahnah's cheek when she came back to the group.  "We'll be able to come back so you can finish making peace with everyone.  Now that things are better here, I'm sure we'll be able to return here once we finish with our journey.  I have faith we all will be able to return home, and as you said find one."  It was only fair if it were to happen, considering all they were doing to fix everything.  They were risking their lives, so hypothetically speaking they should be able to live peacefully afterwards.

As Kaden spoke up to add to her comment, Goldenscale turned to him.  Hopefully it will never turn to many of their group getting hurt, or any one of them to be incopacitated by anything, but it could happen.  Anything was possible, and they needed to be ready for it.  As of now, they had time to spare, but so much could happen in that time that she couldn't be sure how much time they would need, or what they would face.  "I feel as though we shouldn't look for those materials here though, unless we need something specific.  Very little grows here, and if we are planning on using something from plants, greener ones tend to be harder to break.  I wouldn't want to take anything we don't need from this environment, seeing as it's so sparse as it is." Goldenscale added softly.  

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2018-05-19 15:28:56 — Link

"I truly hope fate gives us such a chance. Only the spirits above know if we will all survive this ordeal, but there is not time to dwel on such things. Regardless of if we survive the fight or not, those who do will carry on the memory of those less fortunate. No matter our stance, we must go forward and risk our own lives for those we hold dear," Ahnah said, pausing when Goldenscale nuzzled her, "That's not to say we wont try everything in our power to make sure we all survive. If I can help it, none of us will finish this journey as a memory. I know not of the other champions' situations, but we all have something to return to. Well, Midnight does, but she has something to return with instead. She'd had everything taken form her once, I personally wont let that happen to her again."

"As for finding those materials, I wouldn't worry too much about them right now. When we go to find that village I had seen, there should be plenty of material to pick from in that area. I was just stating what kind of materials we would need for such an item as a sling," Kaden said with a nod, "Better to make a list of what we need while we have time to rest. There's no telling when we'll get a chance like this again."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2018-05-20 03:34:51 — Link

As she listened to Ahnah, Goldenscale's ears went back a little at the weight of her words, but she agreed with it nonetheless.  No one would be forgotten or left behind on this trip, certainly not if they pass from this realm of existence.  No one could really know how they would end up in the future, but by the stars above she wouldn't let anyone return as nothing more than a memory either.  "I agree with Ahnah.  Everyone here, and will be here, deserves to end this journey alive and well, if not only alive.  We owe it to ourselves, and those who await our return.  I also will help make sure of that." she said with a nod.  If they didn't have each other's backs, then who would?  With as many beings as they will have on this trip, everyone will need to look after one another to help ensure all return.  

"Does sound like a good idea.  Then we aren't wasting time figuring things out when we could be doing other, more productive things." Goldenscale said in agreement.  "We hould also get extra supplies in case the sling we do make needs some sort of repair.  There's nothing wrong with being overprepared."  Or at least she thought so.  It might be a problem when they fly over the desert, since the more they carried, the easier it would get to exhaust themselves, but hopefully they could evenly distribute the weight.

« Prev | 1 2 ... 160 161 162 163 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla