Boards < Community < Roleplay < A Journey to Remember (Private with Dragunity)

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 162 163 | Next »

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2018-06-08 20:53:47 — Link

"It'll be a good idea anyways. The less time we spend gathering resources and the like, the easier it'll be for us to keep ahead of the Shades minions. We've little to fear during clear days, butwe'll need to be more alert on clouded days and at night. Direct light seems to be a bane for them, but sun and moonlight can only go so far," Ahnah said,  shaking herself awake, "That said, you all get some sleep. I will myself once this soap's cooled."

Those who can see, can not. The blind see everything.

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2018-11-13 10:28:02 — Link

That was something they definitely need to keep on top of.  They didn't need the Shade's minions catching up to them and hindering their progress.  It could have unforseen consequences, and could down members of their group.  Everyone was necessary to make it through the mission after all.  "If we do need some sort of light source, we can discuss what to do when necessary." she said, giving one final stretch before she settled down in her spot, curling up underneath her wings.  "Sleep well everyone." she said before closing her eyes.

((Blegh sorry for late reply.  I know it's become a cycle of me just apologizing for disappearing, so I understand if you don't wanna continue.))

Don't give up hope when it seems lost

I'm a mistake, yet I'm still here

Chase after what you believe

And make every second count.  

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2018-11-13 17:09:34 — Link

((Oh it's fine. Life has a tendency to complicate things so you disappearing isn't an issue.))

One by one, the group drifted off to sleep. When it finally came to her turn, Ahnah made her way over to Goldenscale. Curling up around her, she rested her head beside Goldenscale's before eventually falling asleep herself.

As morning came, the first to wake was Midnight.As she stretched out, she began to look herself over having felt slightly odd compared to the night before. As she did, she noticed her scales had taken on a more shadow like coloration, shifting with each lick of light from the fire. Beyond the changes to her scales, she could feel the beginnings of new horns pressing against the hide of her crest.

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2018-11-15 09:48:32 — Link

((I feel terrible every time it happens, cause I don't mean it to happen, but then it does.

AND I GET THE FEELING THAT MIDNIGHT IS TURNING INTO ONE OF THOSE THINGS THEY FOUGHT BEFORE??  THE SHADOW THINGS???))

While she was asleep, Goldenscale was aware that Ahnah had moved to her side, so she sighed happily, moving her head closer to the other's.

The dragoness woke the next morning a couple hours after Midnight had, the light still rising in the sky though it wasn't as early as she usually woke.  Taking a deep breath and exhaling, Goldenscale opened her eyes and lifted her head gently, looking around then down at Ahnah with a smile.  She then looked over to see Midnight awake, tilting her head a little.  "Did you sleep well, Midnight?" she asked, her voice soft.

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2018-11-15 18:23:39 — Link

((Not the intention there. It's more she's slowly changing into a form more suited to the magics she has. It's closer to her being molded by her own magic than anything else.))

Looking to Goldenscale, Midnight gave a nod, still rubbing over where new horns were forming. "I slept better than I have in a long while. I dreamt that I was speaking with Shadowbinder. I don't remember everything she said, but I do remember that she said that I shouldn't be afraid of the changes that are to come," she replied, stretching her wings out to get a better look at them, "It just feels odd is all.It's not painful or anything, just a little disorienting. Mostly, it feels like my very bones are slowly shifting and I'm gaining more flexibility."

Stirring while Midnight spoke, Ahnah blinked. "I see that Shadwbinder wasn't kidding that her mark upon you would change. I'm surprised it's manifesting over your whole body though," she said, yawning as she shook the last of the sleep that clung to her off, "Who am I to question such a being's methods though. So long as it's not painful at the very least."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2018-11-17 10:29:56 — Link

((Okay.  My first thought was the Shadowbringer, but then I remembered those other things and how Midnight got hurt, so I immediately just got overly concerned for her.

Listening to her companion, Goldenscale wouldn't help but notice the discomfort Midnight displayed as she spoke.  She seemed to be rubbing a specific part of her head, though that seemed to oppose what she said.  It was good she slept well, but what she added definitely answered her questions.  "I'm glad it's not painful.  Hopefully your body doesn't change too rapidly before you get a chance to acclimate to it." she said softly. 

When Ahnah woke, the dragoness looked down to her partner and nuzzled her cheek softly.  She certainly seemed to notice what she had, and it made her remember just how Ahnah had changed when she was bound to Moonlight.  "I agree with Ahnah.  I'm sure the changes will end up benefiting you as well though." she hummed.

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2018-11-17 16:25:34 — Link

"I think I should be fine. I just wish it wasn't giving me more horns. They're itchy right now, but I just know it's going to hurt once they start pushing through the hide," Midnight said, starting to test the strength of her wings by bressing them against the ground. As she did, her forelegs were slowly pushed off the ground, leaving her in an upright position. "Huh, I could see this being useful. WIll take some getting used to though."

"Well, there will be plenty time to get used to the changes. If the books I've read are right, then what the magic is shifting you towards something with a great disposition to learning new things," Ahnah said, leaning into Goldenscale before finally decideding to stand, "There is one particular breed of dragon that humans have never been able to partner with. Due to their nature, humans have taken to calling them shadowlings or nocturnes. If the descriptions were right, then it seems Shadowbinder fully intends to turn you into one. I couldn't say beyond that on them though. My own knowledge is limited to what humans have recorded on this particular subject."

"I guess we'll all be learning from this then. Given my past, I feel extremely greatful that Shadowbinder would see me fit to be one such dragon though. I know I'm free regardless, but this feels like she's saying my life is truly my own now," Midnight said, setting herself back down, "I guess I'm getting a bit ahead of myself though. We still have a world to save first."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2018-11-18 10:14:31 — Link

Goldenscale looked sympathetically towards Midnight as she explained and experimented.  Well, the growth of new horns never was fun, so hopefully it wouldn't bring her too much pain when they pushed through the hide.  Watching her lift herself on her wings, the dragoness was surprised, but intrigued.  Most dragons struggled with doing that.  She could do that, but of course she struggled.  Listening to the conversation that ensued, Goldenscale gave a hum, storing the information away.  So Shadowbinder was changing Midnight to a Nocturne?  That was interesting enough.  Of course, it wasn't unheard of for a deity to change their champion's or representative's appearance to better showcase their affiliations, but doing so to such a degree was interesting.  "Well, your information is still better than none, and is certainly much appreciated Ahnah." she said with a hum, nuzzling into her as she was leaned against.  Placing a wing over Ahnah, she listened to the Midnight as she spoke, smiling and giving a nod.  "Regardless, you are free, and you are your own being.  That won't change, even if we are on a mission.  It's good to remember we are allowed to think, feel, say, and do what we feel is right for us." she chuckled softly.

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2018-11-18 16:46:59 — Link

"It still feels surreal to have this much control over myself. It's going to take me a long time to get used to. After what happened yesterday, I feel  like I can actually make a difference in the world now. I may have done something a bit foolish, but the risk was worth it to defend you all. I couldn't bare the idea that I could loose the very friends that saved me," Midnight said, settling down so that her tailed wrapped around her own forelegs, "If given the option again, I know I'd still choose to defend you all."

"And we all appreciate what you did. It is much easier to cure such a contamination than it is to replace a life, or repair a broken limb after all. With your abilities only just budding, I'd imgagine that dealing with that situation again will be much easier should it come to pass," Kaden said, finally speaking up, "Like Goldenscale said though, we are free to speak, do, and feel however we wish. We may be the chosen champions, but we are our own beings first. Some of us may choose being a champion as our identity, some may not. It is our choice to make."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2018-11-25 11:05:08 — Link

Listening to Midnight, Goldenscale felt a twinge of emotion in her chest, but she gave the other dragon a gentle smile.  It must have been hard, being incapable of really doing what she wanted without repurcussions.  At least now she had the freedom to act how she wanted when she wanted without having to worry.  Turning to Kaden as he spoke, Goldenscale hummed and nodded in agreement.  Life was precious, and living beings should do as they desire.  "We can identify as we want, and we don't have to stay that way either.  At the end of our mission, if you decide you are unsure about continuing as a Champion, hopefully you could take a break from it.  No one expects us to be champions every moment of the day, or I hope they wouldn't.  Do what you need to be comfortable and take care of yourself." she said, getting up and stretching, flaring her wings out before fluttering them for a moment.  "Anyways, I might get an early start to gathering some of the necessary herbs and items we need so we can get that ready as possible.  I'll try to be back before I freeze." she said after a moment.

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2018-11-25 16:17:46 — Link

"Unless things changed froms my day, being a champion simply means you were chosen to be a representative of the deity in question in times of need. What you do between such times is purely your own. Sometimes, they may ask specific things of you, but it is still your decision on if you follow through with those. One example is how I came to be within the Fortress of Ends. While I do miss my friends and family, it was my choice to go through with Icewarden's plan," Kaden said, starting to stretching our himself, "Getting an early start on today's supplies is a good idea though."

"Yes, well, you wont be freezing if I have any say in the matter. Still, there's not much left that needs gathering. Despite the whole situation yesterday, you all still came back with a fair amount," Ahnah said, giving a nod to Goldenscale, "Aside from having a few herbs in store back backup supplies, we're ready to head out supply wise. Now, being ready emotionally or physically is a whole different matter."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2018-11-26 10:53:37 — Link

Listening to Kaden made Goldenscale realize that she was rather lucky.  It wans't often that Moonlight asked her to do something, having only been asked a couple times in her life.  It was nice that way, not having many missions to complete for Moonlight as opposed to some of the other dieties.  "Kaden is right.  You may be Shadowbinder's Champion, but you also need to stay true to yourself.  As long as you are doing that, then everything will turn out fine." she said.  Looking to Ahnah as she spoke, the dragoness giggled softly, nuzzling Ahnah.  "Well, I'm glad I've got someone to help keep me warm then~  But I guess if we are good on supplies we don't need to get more.  Now that you bring it up though, it would probably be a better idea to make sure we are all emotionally and physically ready to embark on our journey." she said with a hum.

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2018-11-26 18:36:19 — Link

"As far as being physically ready, a good breakfast and some proper stretches should set us right. I can't claim to know about anyone else, but I'll be emotionally ready after I visit my father. I want to give one last goodbye  to mother before we leave the village," Ahnah said, moving to add wood to the fire before it could get low enough to burn out, "I might not be on the best of terms with father yet, but I at least want to give him a chance to amend while I'm still here."

"I guess I'm as ready as I'll get emotionally. I'm still figuring out who I am, but I'll only be able to do that over time," Midnight said, giving a nod, "A good breakfast does sound good though."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2018-11-27 10:01:09 — Link

Listening to Ahnah as she spoke, Goldenscale nodded in agreement.  That sounded good.  Breakfast would give them the energy they need for the day, and stretching would make sure they were muscles and bodies could withstand strain better.  As Ahnah began speaking of what she wanted to do before they left to make sure she was more emotionally set, that got her to thinking.  If everyone was taking the time to make sure they were set, she might as well take the time to make sure everything was good back home.  A quick conversation with one of the tree networks would be good enough for a while.  

Looking to Midnight, she gave a smile and a nod.  "It really does.  I'd be more than happy to make something, or help make breakfast, if you guys want." she offered.  She might not be entirely good at anything that wasn't simple or easy to make, but she was at least going to try.

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2018-11-27 10:46:06 — Link

"I see no reason that you can't. Last I checked, none of us were all too picky," Ahnah said, giving a smile,  "It's probably a good idea that we take turns making food anyways. Some of us may learn, and others may introduce veriety into our diets. As more join us, that'll expand quite a bit for sure."

"That sounds fair enough. It'd do me good to learn how to cook, or at least make something edible. I don't want to have to rely on others to take care of something so simple," Midnight said, blinking as her eyes readjusted to the increase in light from the fire, "That, and it'd just be fair to us all if we all helped in that regard."

"Well, that might be an issue when it comes to my turn, but I do agree. I prefer raw meat, but I guess I could learn how to prepare something," Kaden said, raking some frost from his fur, "Who knows, it may be fun to try something new every now and then."

« Prev | 1 2 ... 162 163 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla