Boards < Community < Roleplay < A Journey to Remember (Private with Dragunity)

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 158 159 160 ... 162 163 | Next »

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2016-07-30 20:17:36 — Link

Goldenscale slid on the ground a little before feeling herself be grabbed by Corazon, giving a little cry of surprise when she did so.  Within moments after looking behind her, she had noticed a barrier that must have appeared above her.  

Seeing the creature break through the barrier, Goldenscale quickly noticed the trail leading to Midnight.  She had protected them both from whatever this thing was, but she felt her stomach drop, knowing they weren't safe yet.  

Seeing Kaden walking over to them, she turned to him, shuddering when she heard the creature roar.  She then walked over to Midnight with him, shrugging in reply to his question.  Corazon was better suited to answer it.

She then heard her description, giving a shudder.  So that was one of the nightmare creatures that wreaked havoc upon the land.  Hearing her speak again, but this time to Midnight, Goldenscale turned back, hearing her wheezing and coughing.  

Goldenscale then looked to Corazon.  "You said that this thing is weak to light.  I'm going to try to get the light to reflect off of my scales.  You know these things best, and you're the best one suited for helping Midnight.  If you need to, call Sunlight or Moonlight to aid you." she said.  While her scales did not provide the protection it should from attacks, she took care of them and were easily able to reflect.  If needed, she could give off the stored sunlight and moonlight to give a false light off to ward this thing.

Don't give up hope when it seems lost

I'm a mistake, yet I'm still here

Chase after what you believe

And make every second count.  

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2016-07-31 04:07:17 — Link

"We haven't much time, night will be upon us soon. If you can manage to get enough light, you should be able to dissuade it from fallowing us. Last thing we need is for it to fallow us back to the village. Gore Magala are formidable on their own, but they grow into the much more deadly Shagaru Magala," Corazon explained, taking a golden coin and pressing it against Midnight's forehead, "As for Midnight, I can only suppres the respritory symptoms, but she'll have to fight through this herself. Contact with the scalesputs one at the mercy of Shade borne illness known as the Frenzy virus. Gore Magala scales are weaker than those of a Shagaru, and take longer to cause the virus' namesake. I'll explain it more when we get to safety."

While Corazon spoke, Midnight's breathing grew calm once more as the symptoms moved to take her body instead. With each exhale a deep purple mist spewed from her mouth and nose.With the virus slowly taking hold, her normally black scales became outlined in the same violet light as the Gore magal's inner flesh.

"Right, so no touching the scales. I can see why these things were called beasts of madness though. Honestly, I thought they were little more than myths, false creatures made to scare children into returning home on time," Kaden said, focusing energy into the snow beforemaking it form into a chunk of glowing ice, "That being said, I can provide light, it just needs to be aimed." As he focused on the ice, thechunk slowly grew till it was just as tall as he was.  "You need only to place a paw on the ice's surface to harnes the light being collected."

Those who can see, can not. The blind see everything.

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-16 08:33:10 — Link

Goldenscale listened to Corazon as she spoke, giving a nod.  She would be able to harness the light,even when night came.  As long as she was in the open by that time, she would have enough light to keep them away.  Flapping her wings a little as she began flattening the feathers, she continued to listen about Midnight's condition.  At least they had found a juvenile of this beast.  That should make the virus somewhat weaker than it already was.

Keeping an eye on the Gore Magala, she flattened her feathers and brought them up, making a slanted surface that reflected the light off.  For now she would be able to keep it back somewhat as the light charged and got brighter.  Sneaking a quick glance back, she saw Midnight's faintly irridescent scales.  "So can we touch her, or does the same rule apply to her as it does to the Gore Magala?" she asked.

Goldenscale then listened to Kaden, giving a little snort in reply.  "I grew up with said fairy tales, and you would be surprised at how many are true." she said before listening to him again, this time letting her know he would have another light source ready.  "I'll keep that in mind.  If I run out of natural light, I'll use that.  If I have to, I can use my stored energy and convert it to light we can use to ward these things off."

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-16 11:29:08 — Link

"It would depend on how the virus affects her. If the glowing grows any stronger, it would be best if we kept our distance. If it holds how it is, she'd be safe to make contact with. The virus itself eats away at ones connection with nature. If her body can fight it off though, the virus turns into a focus to strengthen that connection," Corazon stated, turning her attention to Midnight's glowing scales.

With the light being focused onto its being, the Gore Magalaflinched and backed off, using its cape like wings to  shield itself. While it was focused on Goldenscale's presence, a high pitched ring tang out from behind the beast before a large, beatle like, insect flew into it. After biting into the Gore Magala, the insect turned back the way it came where a heavily clothed human weilding a glaive as black as the Magala itself. Using the glaive like a pole, the human vaulted onto the Gore Magala's back, causing the creature to panic and thrash.

"What in the Twelve's names do they think they're doing," Corazon asked, looking up to see the commotion, "I had hear there were humants hunting in this area, but I never thought they'd be foolish enough to attack a Magala."

"Don't brush them off as foolish. Humans are very cautious creatures. If they haven't changed much, then they still only attack what they know they can take down. This one is using a weapon I;ve never seen before though," Kaden said, loosing focus for a moment, "Whatever its reasoning, this one seems intent on making this Gore Magala its prey."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-17 21:53:53 — Link

Goldenscale listened to Corazon as she explained Midnight's situation, giving a nod when she finished though she never stopped looking worried.  "I hope that she can protect that link..." she said softly.

Goldenscale's reflecting light steadily got brighter as she held it up, moving closer eventually as it backed up, maneuvering her wings to reflect on the Gore Magala.  Then, with a chirp of surprise, she jumped back upon seeing a large insect-like being attack the nightmare creature.  Not sure what was going on, Goldenscale took a protective stance, though she never stopped reflecting the light.  Then, what was more surprise, was that a human began attacking it.

"I don't know what they are doing." she said.  She knew that humans would attack anything they thought threatened something, but seeing as she knew these things were dangerous, she wouldn't think that humans would attack them.  

While continuing to reflect the light, Goldenscale listened to Kaden and watch the fight.  "But couldn't that powdery stuff get into its armor as well and affect it too?" she asked.

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-17 22:34:24 — Link

"I would think that would be the case. Last time I encountered humans, they weren't nearly as bold as thi sone though," Corazon said, shaking her head before turning back to Midnight who's breathing had stabilized, "I do suppose it would affect a human in a far different way than it would us though. Humans have no link to nature like we do, so that may give them an advantage here. I can't say for sure though, there's not enough recorded evidence to say."

"Well, whatever they're doing, it's working to some extent. The beast is vunerable, and the human's weapon seem built for this," Kaden said, "I'd hazard a guess and say it's done this before."

When the Gore Magala's thrashing slowed, the human began to wave their glaive around.After a moment, one end of the glaive began to emit the same high pitched ringing from before. As if on queu, the insect turned back towards the Magala in another charge.

"As much as I hate taking the life of another sentient being, I feel we need to do waht we can to assist this human. This creature is a manifestation of the Shade, we can't just let it continue to threaten the area, " Kaden said, moving conjured ice closer to Goldenscale, "I can't think of any way we can do though."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-25 06:02:06 — Link

Goldenscale listened to Corazon as she spoke, feeling worried.  "Some humans do.  I get, or had gotten, stories from the trees back when I was in my home.  While it wasn't too often they were found, some humans do hold a small connection to nature.  But even with that, I doubt it would affect them as much.  It does seem to be pretty ineffective so far with this one..." she said cautiously before looking over to Kaden and giving a nod in agreement.  

This was pretty odd.  If this human really didn't have a connection to nature, it was really showing in how well it was continuing to fight.  She then turned to look at Kaden once more as he spoke, giving a hum in thought.  

"Well, I'm pretty sure that light can be concentrated enough to be converted in a weapon...  I've only successfully done that once though, and that was by accident under Moonlight's supervision.  Seeing as light seems to conflict the most damage, I'm sure that would be the best way of aiding the human." she suggested, though she was wary of this option.

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-25 07:54:04 — Link

"Whatever we do, it'll need to be at a distance. If you can safely pull off weaponizing light, more power to you. I know not how well my controle over ice will help given it lives here in the tundra," Kaden said, giving a nod, "I'll do what I can to impare its movements."

"Just be careful, we don't need two Frenzy striken beings to take care of at once. One is difficult enough to treat after it passes," Corazon said, eyeing Kaden as he direct his magic to the Magala.

Looking up from the ground, Midnight gave a weeze. Looking back down as the infection reached her flower, the glowing scales along her wings faded. Digging into the snow below her, she let out a strained yell of pain.

"If you are going to do something, now would be a good time for it," the human called out, using its glaive to launch off the Magala's back to land a short distance away. Turning around, it turn the blunt of the glaive towards the  Magala before lobbing a glob of pheramone at the creature.

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2016-09-19 18:52:29 — Link

"If anything, your ice is still reflecting light, making it easier for me to gather it and condense it.  All I will say though is that if you do try something, make sure that you don't hurt yourself.  Everyone's safety comes before anything else." Goldenscale said, her voice soft but determined.  

With a deep breath, Goldenscale raised one hand to the sky, eyes closed as she concentrated.  A small, faint ball of light could be seen in her hands, the glow faintly gold, but more pale blue.  Giving a sharp exhale, Goldenscale quickly brought her hand down, the bow forming quickly in her hand before an arrow appeared in a swirl of light, Goldenscale pulling the string back tightly.  

In the background, she had heard Midnight's wheeze, and she had almost faltered in her concentration.  But her eyes were now set on the Magala, ready to strike it down.  Locked on her prey, Goldenscale let the arrow loose, her aim true to the path, hitting the beast in the side of the head.  Within moments Goldenscale had another arrow notched, and let that fly to it's chest.

Keeping the bow in her hands but lowering it to her side, Goldenscale raised the other hand, slowly closing it as she consensed it more.  By then, her breathing had become somewhat labored and her hand shook slightly as she worked.  Dealing with a natural energy was something she hadn't done in a long time, and it required a lot of energy to work.

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2016-09-19 20:28:23 — Link

Upon being struck by the arrows, the Magala's powder like scales burst into a clowd of sparks. Without the coating of scales, the magala's faintly glowing flesh could clearly be seen. With its main form of defense gone due to the first arrow, the second arrow broke through the thick flesh on its chest, leaving a weak spot the could be easily seen.

Seeing the opening Goldenscale had created, the human, readied himself before charing towards the Magala, glaive held out to strike the weakened flesh. Upon striking the creature's flesh, the glaive dug deep, letting loose a thick stream of blood as the glaive was used to hold the wound open.

"Now's my chance if I've ever seen it," Kaden said, refocusing his energies into the air to create a spear of ice that flew forward towards the open wound.

"I will not go back to the darkness. I can't," Midnight weezed before grabbing hold of her flower. With the rose's thorns digging into her palm, she dug into the snow once more. With what energy she had, she focused them onto Kaden's spear of ice, coating it in a thick layer of shadow energy.

With the wound held open, the spear dug deep into the Magala's flesh, striking at its vitals and ending its thrashing. Feeling the life drain from the beast, the human tilted his glaive so that the Magala would fall to the ground rather than on top of him.

"So, the Warriors of Light have come at last," the human said before picking himself up and moving towards the group. "I always thought they'd be humans, but I see now that would be wrong to assume. Your abilities are unmistakable."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2016-09-19 21:05:37 — Link

Goldenscale watched with a small smirk at the damage she had done with her light arrows, then the human as he struck the creature with his weapon.  Even from that distance, Goldensale could pick up on the scent of its putrid blood, scrunching her nose slightly, watching as its life started to ebb.

She never onced moved from her position, continuing to hold the light there in the creature.  Where earth and ice could hold their forms infinitely, light and fire had to be kept there.  

"Be safe, my friends." she spoke, hearing Midnight's wheeze.  Hopefully the death of this creature could bring her peace from her suffering...

Watching as the spear dug into the creature's flesh, Goldenscale felt its life drain from its body.  As it ceased movement, Goldenscale released her hold on the light, falling to her knees.  Her scales had become darker, less shiny in the process, but she could easily begin absorbing the light energy again to replenish what she had used.

Hearing the human speak, Goldenscale looked to him.  "Well, I guess it is good that has been clarified, and that our abilities could have helped aid the killing of this beast..." she said softly, panting, opening her wings to soak up what remaining light there was.

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2016-09-20 01:08:08 — Link

"Your friend should recover soon if their abilities were anything to go by. At any rate, the physical affects should fade now that the beast is dead. Can't say I was expecting to dragons and a lykos around these woods though. Your kind thends to stay away from these particular woods due to such threats," the Human said, planting the glaive in the snow, "On that note, it's been a long time since I last saw a dragon similar to you and your black scaled friend their. Most around here are like your thicker furred friend. I would think that you two come from a different region."

"You'd be correct in that assumption. Where they come from however is beyond me. I would ask what kind of insane thoughts run through you head to willing attack a Gore Magala though," Corazon said, keeping her attention on Midnight, "We were only defending ourselves, but you seemed to have been tracking it."

"You could say that. I am what many groups would call a monster hunter. I take contracts to hunt down beasts such as that one back there, and kill or capture them based on the contract. I have forsaken what little connection with nature's enegies I had to temper myself against the many types of poisons these creatures use. In turn, I must make my armour and weaponry from the bones and hides of my targets," the human said, raising an arm to allow the large insect from before to land, "This Gore Magala has been terrorizing the livestock of a nearby village for some time, so it was only a mtter of time before someone like myself would be contracted to take it down. To be honest, I was prepaired for a much longer and tougher fight."

"I would think it was good timing then that you came along. We would have had a much tougher time fighting it than you would have for sure. Our lives relly on our connection with nature," Kaden said, "It's interesting to hear that there's an entire faction of humans who foresake nature though.  guess it's the price you pay for your proffesion."

With her breathing stabilizing, Midight released her flower, small spots of blood falling to the snow from where the thorns dug into her palms. Bracing herself, she stood up as the violet glow faded from her scales. "W-we should head back s-soon," she said.

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2016-11-28 00:32:53 — Link

Goldenscale gave a sigh of relief when she heard that Midnight would be okay.  Seeing her friend get hurt concerned her, but knowing she would get better made her feel better about what was going on.  As he then spoke of him being surprised, Goldenscale gave a small hum, understanding where the human was coming from.  As Corazon began to speak, the golden dragon turned to look at her.  "I don't really know where I am to be fair, but I know that where we came from, it was much warmer, though we did have a winter season." she spoke, feeling more energized as she took in more sunlight and energy.  She listened to the man as he spoke, tilting her head a little as she took in the information.  So he had to get rid of his connection to nature in order to do this.  If she did that, she would put herself in a very bad place.  She couldn't live without this connection.  But if it was better that way to protect those in need, then so be it.  "While it is sad to hear that you and others had forsaken it, it is best.  We all are indeed reliant on our connection to nature, some of us more than others.  Your help is indeed appreciated." she said with a smile before looking over to Midnight.  "We probably should, though you shouldn't move about too much.  I can carry you back, or at least heal you to the best of my ability and help you get back." she said, standing up and walking over to the other dragon.

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2016-11-28 01:07:24 — Link

"Most of us Monster Hunters didn't have strong connections with nature to begin with so we weren't loosing much by cutting our ties. That's not to say we ignore nature though, many of our tools ceom from nature.  Those of us like me who use an insect glaive as our weapon of choice rely greatly on the bounty of the land. Even those who don't use the glaive still rely on potions crafted from herbs and mushrooms," the man said, picking up his weapon and holstering it, " We always seek greater and greater marks to better our arsenals, but we are bound by the balance between humans and nature itself. By the sounds of things, you all have your own quest. Should we meet again, I hope it is under less life threatening conditions."

Moving over to help Goldenscale with Midnight, Corazon looked back to watch the man returne to the Magala's corpse. "It's good knowing such warriors are out there. It just surprises me to hear that humans are at least trying to maintain nature's balance," she said, looking back to Midnight to see the black scaled dragon extending her wings for support, "If they're hunting down the Shade's minions, then your journey should be a little safer."

"Yes, but there's no promise of that. I can smell that there's three other humans hiding in the brush. It must take several of them to properly track and combat these minions. If that's the case, we can count on them being fully prepared for their fights," Kaden said, turning to fallow the group, "I guess it's a good thing we got the supplies we needed before running into that thing though. Maybe not that amount we want, but we'll just have to make due."

"I... I should be able to walk. Some spport wuold be appreciated thoug," Midnight said, holding her wings out for Goldenscale and Corazon to get under, "I don't want to be any more of a burden that I have to be."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2016-12-01 01:31:52 — Link

Goldenscale gave a hum as she listened to the Monster Hunter speak about how they still relied on nature for other purposes and turned to it.  She vaguely remembered being told stories about humans like this monster hunter from mother Willow, but she had never really connected the dots until now.  She then gave a nod to him before he turned to leave.  "I wish you well on your travels, sir." she said to him before she turned back to her friend.  "It does indeed, Corazon.  Now that we have come in contact with him, stories nature had told me about them seem more real.  It should make our journey safer, I hope.  Midnight and I will certainly have to be careful though just because of how reliant we are on our bonds." she said as she moved underneath one of Midnight's wings.  "I can come back tomorrow or something before we leave and gather more if it isn't sufficient.  Either that or grow some with my magic.    And Midnight, you will never be a burden.  We do things together, and we will treat each other as equals.  No matter what, we will help you every time, and we would be glad to do so." she answered sternly to the other.

« Prev | 1 2 ... 158 159 160 ... 162 163 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla