Boards < Community < Roleplay < A Journey to Remember (Private with Dragunity)

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 157 158 159 ... 162 163 | Next »

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2016-04-17 01:35:20 — Link

Giving a nod, Kaden took a deep breath. After a moment, he seemed to pick something up as he started out.  Before too long, he stopped to start digging through the snow, being joined by Midnight. Once they hit ground, Midnight took hold of the plant  that poked through to pull out a sweat potato.

"Well, that was fast. I really shouldn't be surprised though, Lykos are built to live in much colder climates after all," Corazon said, watching asKaden continued to clear out snow while Midnight cut the potato in half to rebury the main seciton of the plant, "I wouldn't suggest bothering with the berries, but I have no idea if they might have a use for you all. Unlike Ahnah, I've never traveled out beyond the tundra, let alone far enough to loose site of the village." Focusing for a moment, she took a breath before releasing a faint mist. After a moment, the mist began to light up where roots were as she had done the night before. "While the roots alone wont be too much of a help, they'll at least lead us to where bundles of plants are. If anything, it will help distinguish where a scent is coming from."

Those who can see, can not. The blind see everything.

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2016-04-20 04:08:29 — Link

Goldenscale watched Kaden for a moment, filled with awe when he smelled something under the snow.  His sense of smelled must have been great enough for him to be able to pick out something so quickly.  Turning to Corazon as she spoke, she gave a nod in agreement.  When she spoke again, Goldenscale gave a sort of humming sound.  "Well, it depends.  I can use herbs, though not as good as Mayumi, but I wouldn't know what's here and what their use is unless I experimented with them.  Given the time limit, I doubt it would be wise to go searching for the berrieswith Kaden and Midnight finding food." she said with a shrug before giggling.  "But don't worry about not leaving your village.  This is the first time I've set out past the forest I lived in.  It was quite frightening when I first walked outside of it." she answered before watching the Shaman use magic to find roots.  After hearing her logic, she gave a nod.  "Well, as soon as I've caught the scent of the mint, I'm sure I could lead us to the patches of variants.  As soon as I remember the smell it isn't really hard." she said with a shrug. 

Don't give up hope when it seems lost

I'm a mistake, yet I'm still here

Chase after what you believe

And make every second count.  

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2016-04-20 04:50:57 — Link

"Ah... Well, the best way for me describe the scent of mint is a sharp, spreading coldness. Spearmint has a sharper scent while pepermint has a more muted tone to it. We would also want to keep an eye out for feline tracks. Some might lead us to a patch of Nepeta. While the stuff has no direct use for us, it does ward off most insects and atracts felines to help deal with rodents," Corazon said,starting to fallow a cluser of roots, "As far as I've been able to determine, Nepeta plants do nothing othre than temporarily clog our sense of smell, which has led us to avoid ingesting it ourselves outside certain meditation rituals."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2016-04-20 05:03:11 — Link

Goldenscale listened to Corazon as she explained the smells of the different variations.  Descriptions were helpful when searching for what was needed, but she did prefer to have the actual smell there to go off of.  What surprised her was that Corazon wanted to keep a lookout for cats.  While the explanation she gave on why she wanted to was good, she hadn't expected it.  "I'll be sure to keep my eyes and nose out for any tracks or scents."  she said before following the Shaman.  Listening to her as she spoke again, she made a face of discomfort.  If she had her sense of smell clogged for a time, she would surely have troubles.  She relied on her senses quite a bit, and any hinderance wasn't pleasant.  "So we're getting this stuff so you can ward of insects and rodents?" she questioned.

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2016-04-20 05:18:00 — Link

"For the most part, yes. We wont be needing them for meditation until I decide to take on an apprentice of my own.  Nothing is worse than storing food back, only to find out when you need it that something has been eating it or causing it to spoil though. It's wasteful, and a mess. Using those plants, we can draw the cats into the village where they'll keep the rodent population in check. They seem to get some kind of euphoriam from the stuff, so it's easy enough to keep them around. Since we primarily eat plants, our diets rarely conflict with that of the cats," Corazon explained, stepping up to the base of a tree and starting to dig. After a moment, she uncovered a small plant sporting bundles of slender, deep green, leaves. Pulling one of the leaves off, she passed it over to Goldenscale. "This particular plant it's mature enough to harvest from, but it wont harm it to loose a leaf. This should give you a good scent to work from. Larger plants will have a much stronger scent compared to that, but they should have the same scent."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2016-05-31 21:17:01 — Link

Goldenscale listened to Corazon with interest at the information.  The plant she described sounded quite intersting, and the feeling she described was one not familiar to her.  Maybe she would be able to experience that, though she wasn't necessarily sure whether it would be a pleasant encounter.  "That's a smart idea.  You would be utilizing the help of cats, and you both would benefit from their help." she said with a nod.  She then watched the Shaman as she began to dig.  Within moments she had unearthed a plant, and Goldenscale caught a faint whiff of the plant.  After she was handed a leaf, she held it up to her nose and began memorizing the smell, looking muxh like a dog catching a scent.  "Either way I'll be able to catch the scent, now that I've smelled it.  I just have to separate the scents of other plants I'm searching for from this one, and we'll be able to find enough.  Hopefully anyways." she said.  After she had gotten the scent, she raised herself on her back feet and sniffed the air, searching for the closest plants.

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2016-06-01 02:19:42 — Link

Watching Goldenscale for a moment, Corazon gave a nod. "That makes sense..As for thhe cats, we try to live in harmony with nature here. Unless there is no other way to go about something, we try to go with the natural way of things. Suring wpring and summer, we grow what food and reagents we can . If we have an issue with something getting into our stores or bothering the clan,we turn to nature to find the best way to handle the issue. If we can help it, we will never take more than we need as well," she said, carefully pushing the snow and dirt back over the plant she had uncovered, "Without nature, we are and have nothing here in the tundra. We owe so much to the powers that be because of it."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2016-06-05 08:30:26 — Link

Goldenscale listened, giving a purr when she heard just how close they were with nature.  "Having such a close connection with nature is the best thing that could happen.  Nature provides all it can for those living in it, and its up to use to make the best use of it.  Back when I lived in a forest, I would live off the forest, and in turn I would keep everything healthy.  I'm glad you all have figured out what works and what does work for you all and for nature~" she said with a smile. As soon as she had the scent of a plant they needed, Goldenscale lowered herself and began walking in the direction of the plant.  "Well, all I can say is that they appreciate that you care so much for nature and that they can help in the survival of a species~" 

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2016-06-05 09:01:07 — Link

"The way we see it, it's best thing we can do to take care of the spirits while we're alive. If the world around is is well taken care of, the spirits that live within are taken care of. Without either one, we would surely die. Without nature, we would starve. Without the spirits, the forces they protect us from would consume us. We live half in fear, and half in confidence," Corazon said, starting to spread her mist once more to find roots, "We fear that we aren't doing enough to protect the world around us, and we're confident that we're doing all we can.  If all else fails, we can  stand firm in knowing we're doing our best. There's no room here in the tundra for those that wont."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2016-06-25 18:41:32 — Link

Goldenscale listened to Corazon as she spoke, giving small nods along the way.  "The spirits and nature are both aware of that situation around here, and it would take a lot for them to stop doing what they do.  Nature is always ready to give away their spoils for the survival of others, for the plants are incredibly selfless and kind.  Spirits are easily swayed, but you all are doing wonderfully for they are content with what they do.  I can feel it in the air around us.  As for you all doing your best, nature feels like you do, everyday.  The grumpy ones might grumble, but they know it too."  she said as she found one plant.  "So you're looking for something like this?" she said as she held up a couple leaves.

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2016-06-25 20:16:10 — Link

Giving a nod, Corazon paused as she too k in everything Goldenscale said."Oh, yes, that's exactly what we're looking for. Where there's one mature plant, there is sure to be many more," she said, looking up to see the leaves Goldenscae had pulled up, "You can probably sense it now, but the plant itself does make one's senses more recptive to heat and cold.The stronger the effect, the better the sample."

While Corazon spoke, the chill caused by the mint gave a sense that something was making an approach. The feeling, while faint, gave away a sense of sadness and anger.

Perking up, Corazon glanced around. "I don't suppose you sense that do you," she asked, letting her mist clear out, "I can't quite tell what it is, but I can tell it isn't happy."

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2016-07-15 09:21:57 — Link

Goldenscale gave a purr when Corazon told her the plant she had found was mature, and that there were more in the area somewhere.  With a frown as Corazon also gave notice to the effects of the plant, she also noticed them, wrinkling her nose in distaste.  She preferred not feeling colder than she already was, but that would have to wait just a little longer.  

Goldenscale felt the same thing Corazon did, the feeling making her fur raise on end more than they were.  "I do indeed feel that, and it is one that I would like to either get rid of or help depending on the situation..." she answered slowly.  "Please, watcher in the shadows, show yourself and give your intentions.  We mean you no harm, and would rather help you." she said, raising on her back legs, putting the leaves in her  wings.

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2016-07-15 10:31:18 — Link

Stepping back, Corazon focused her mist towards the presence. As the air lit up with the mist's glow, a black  scaled creature came into site, a cloud of dark mist surounding its features. WIth its position nowvisible, the creature jerked back. Settling once more, two antenie  like protrusions lfted from the creature's head before letting off a soft purple glow.

Seeing the creature, Corazon,  backed away  again. "Um... we need to leave and fast. This thing is only a juvenile. The parents  must be clase, and these things are not to be mest with.Try not to breath in any of its pollen like scales either," she said, seeming a bit panics as she continued to back away, "I'll explain more later. Now, we run."

As Corazon turned to run, the creature extended a cloth like wing to pin her with the clawed joint. With every movement the creature made, a thick cloud of fine black scales were flung into the air.

• Dragunity
  • User

Posted at 2016-07-25 06:13:56 — Link

Goldenscale watched as Corazon redirected her mist, a frown appearing on her face as she did so.  This thing still didn't show itself, and was finally revealed after the mist had touched it.  She looked at it in awe, not knowing what this thing was.  It gave off an aura of warning, but it was indeed interesting.

Hearing Corazon speak, she swiveled an ear in her direction to hear her, not feeling comfortable enough to look to her.  "That's good information.  It seems like you know what this thing is and how to deal with it.  I shall trust you." she said, backing away with her.  

Seeing the creature try to pin Corazon down, Goldenscale took a quick breath, holding it as she jumped forward, pushing her out of the way.  She didn't know what this thing would do, but she wasn't going to let it get Corazon.  If needed, she would fight it instead.

• zezmeril
  • User

Posted at 2016-07-25 12:06:28 — Link

Feeling Goldenscale push her aside, Corazon watched as the black mist of scales
froze and gathered into a barrier above Goldenscale.Shaking her head clear, Corazon took hold of Goldenscale before heading for the nearest break in the trees.

Striking the barrier, the creature's claws stuck through and halted for a moment before breaking through. With the barrier now broken, the mist of scales that had formed it broke apart once more, leaving a trail leading to Midnight sitting at the edge of the trees with with her claws sunk into the shadows and her eyes glazed over.

Meeting Corazon and Goldenscale at the forest's edge, Kaden flinched as the creature gave another roar that shook the trees. "What in Thaliak''s name is that thing," he asked, moving to help Midnight regain posture.

"That thing is called a Gore Magala. It is a creature born of the Shade's essence, and tempured by Sunlight's light. It is but a juvenile, but it is still capable of causing untold damage, especially if you make contact or breath in the scales it constantly sheds," Corazon answered, looking back as Midnightbegan to caugh and wheeze, "Oh, by Icewarden's blessing, please tell me that wasn't you who created that barrier."

As Midnight pulled herself from the shadows, several of the scales form the barrier stuck to her claws.Caughing violently, her normally violet eyes  faded into a deep crimson.

« Prev | 1 2 ... 157 158 159 ... 162 163 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla