Boards < General < Creative < Sticky: Ask a Moderator

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 4 5 ... 36 37 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-05 17:38:47 — Link

1) It can but only if it doesn't have any public uses. This is done to avoid speculating pets with this custom skin among custom pet collectors (it happens in some other pet game).

2) Yes, this is allowed. A player can send a Rainbow Jar and a pet to the skin creator who will use this Rainbow Jar to put his private skin on this pet and send this pet back to buyer.

3: its there any future plans or thoughs on transfering ownership of a private accepted skin (with credits)

No, we don't have such plans.

-or to distribute custom skins to people on your friends list only

The same mechanism as described in point 2 can be used to distribute the skin among the limited number of players.

one last edit: is there a breed deffinition for a dragon- cause some species of dragon dont have wings like eastern style dragons/or some water dragons. Are wings a requirement?

Yes, the wings are obligatory. The rule for all species is the same: the number and type of main body parts (limbs, heads, tails) should stay the same. The decorations and details can be any. For example, wings can be feathered but not removed at all.

4 and 5) There are only 2 types of skins: private and public. Public is available for everyone, private is available only for the person who uploaded it, there are no other options. All terms of use are discussed between users only. The same thing will be if a user agreed to borrow his pet to another user to fulfill a quest and didn't get it back - it's not a technical part of the game which we're responsible for. If we will have the complaints on the private skin mechanism, we will just remove the ability to make skins private.

• Lihmeth
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 01:23:11 — Link

Hello ^^

after reading through the faq and this thread, most things seem pretty clear. I was just wondering about one thing: I'm assuming adding small animals into the image is not allowed, but would insects like butterflies or dragonflies be allowed? (Not a whole swarm, just one or two.) And small objects? (In this case: grass and small mushrooms around the animal's feet.)

• Teal
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 20:38:03 — Link

If we set the skin to share is it automatically up for approval/disaproval?

Are zombie themed skins allowed?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-07 19:53:53 — Link

I'm assuming adding small animals into the image is not allowed, but would insects like butterflies or dragonflies be allowed? (Not a whole swarm, just one or two.) And small objects? (In this case: grass and small mushrooms around the animal's feet.)
Yes, small critters and objects are allowed in case if they are not the main part of the image and do not pull over the biggest part of viewer's attention.

If we set the skin to share is it automatically up for approval/disaproval?
Approval mechanism is the same for both shared and not shared skins. All skins are manually approved.

Are zombie themed skins allowed?
Yes.

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-03-07 20:00:01 — Link

Would this get accepted once it's resized? It's a doodluma x3

If the brain + toaster would make it unnaceptable, then would the sking gets accepted if I remove it?

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• Ayanel
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-07 23:10:19 — Link

How do you know if your skin has been approved/declined?

How long does it usually take for a skin to be approved/declined?

And if you are declined/rejected how do you know since I read "there's no notification for rejection" on page 3.

Sorry about all the questions.

• Piney
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-08 05:25:50 — Link

So are skins based off copyrighted designs (like Pokemon) allowed?

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-03-08 17:24:07 — Link

@Ayanel: Actually, the only way to know if your skin was approved or not is by going to the "my custom skins" page under the pets menu. If it says yes, then it got approved. If it's no, it's not yet or not approved.

@Piney: No. Copyrighted designs aren't allowed.

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-09 02:05:48 — Link

Ayanel, skins are usually approved within 1-2 days. If the skin was approved, you will get a notification in your Reports. Or you can check "My Custom Skins" tab like Fya said.

Fya, doodles are ok though we would like to see the characters instead of stories :) It will be accepted without brain + toaster.

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-03-09 19:45:55 — Link

" we would like to see the characters instead of stories :)"

I'm not sure I got that part, though thanks for the advice! I'll upload the skin once I will stop being lazy xD

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

• Piney
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-10 03:45:09 — Link

@Piney: No. Copyrighted designs aren't allowed.

That's weird then, because there are some Puma skins based off of Pokemon in the custom skins list. Is it acceptable in certain circumstances?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-10 13:24:35 — Link

Piney, no, it's not acceptable. You can report a skin by writing me a private message with the skin name and a link to the abused design.

• Amberfly
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-11 05:47:57 — Link

I submitted a skin called "Peacock Gryphon" a few days ago. It hasn't been accepted, but there isn't anything to indicate if it was rejected. Can one of the admins please let me know if it has indeed been rejected, and if so, why?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-14 19:41:21 — Link

Amberfly, the reason why it wasn't accepted is that it's identifiable as peacock only from it's name. To get the resemblance with real animal for natural colorations, please try to use high-quality references, for example like this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Paonroue.JPG

• Shadow
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-14 19:51:54 — Link

I know it says images can't be pure black, and I understand why, because it looks bad...

But I was still wondering if this could be accepted, since it's a Shadow Walker Gryphon skin. If the skin were themed around being a shadow, would the use of pure black be all right?

Hello there! My name is Shadow, and I specialize in the collecting and breeding of gryphons. If you'd like to breed with one of my males, or purchase any of my non-gryphons, just shoot me a message!

« Prev | 1 2 3 4 5 ... 36 37 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla