Boards < General < Creative < Sticky: Ask a Moderator

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 24 25 26 ... 36 37 | Next »

• Raifra
  • User

Posted at 2016-02-11 00:24:20 — Link

Is it allowed to modify the skin to look like (but not exactly) a deviant or morph?

Eg modifying the beastkeeper grayscale base to resembles a warrior throdama, or modifying the puma base to look like a sabertooth.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-02-11 23:45:19 — Link

Raifra, this is possible only if the result clearly differs from the official deviants and morphs. Of course, there's nothing against rules in a sabertooth puma, but only until it doesn't resemble an official deviant. We don't have custom skin filters for morphs and deviants, so please make sure that the skin won't cause a confusion about the pet behind it. The best solution here would be to create a fully custom base, or maybe change the posing of the official bases. 

• Ascot
  • User

Posted at 2016-03-04 19:18:54 — Link

Are we allowed to remove the tail from unicorns, pumas and other tailed species? Or maybe, add more than one tail?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-03-04 21:52:59 — Link

Ascot, remove - yes, this can be interpreted as cropping / docking / bobbing. Add more tails - no, additional body parts like this aren't allowed because this can alter the idea of species a lot.

• loipop
  • User

Posted at 2016-03-07 00:26:17 — Link

Are we allowed to use the bases for other things? Not like selling them but using it to make pictures for other websitesmy skin for a unicorn

Is this good??

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-03-07 13:12:51 — Link

loipop, no, bases can be used exclusively on BeastKeeper site. User made skins can be also posted by their authors as portfolio pieces on other sites (reference to BeastKeeper is necessary), but this is the only allowed use outside BeastKeeper.

I'm sorry, but just using a gradient map isn't enough for a skin. Please check "Common skin mistakes" thread.

• loipop
  • User

Posted at 2016-03-08 01:20:44 — Link

For the skin i posted, if i added more things on it, would it give it a better chance at getting approved?   

• Onew
  • User

Posted at 2016-03-21 06:22:47 — Link

Do we need to keep the background of the skin transparent?

I don't think the drawing program that I use will keep the transparent areas of the base.

~온유

• lamarqueisdead
  • User

Posted at 2016-04-05 00:36:25 — Link

I have a question, that I don't know if it's been answered already, that concerns artwork.

I created a Gryphon skin called Seraphim that used the artwork that, at the time, was current for the Gryphon's design. When the Gryphon art was updated, I wanted to update the Seraphim skin to match the current Gryphon art.

Is there any way that this can be done? If I submitted a separate skin using the updated Seraphim Design and called it "Seraphim Two" or something, I think it would be too close to the original Seraphim to be submitted, but I'm not sure if the existing skin artwork can be replaced with an updated version if it's already been accepted - and in this case, used on various peoples' beasts.

I'm sorry, the signature that you are attempting to reach is not available. Please leave a message at the tone. *beep*

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-04-10 23:41:59 — Link

lamarqueisdead, it would be better to submit a new skin with same design on an updated base. We don't want an unexpected custom skin update for those who have used it already, while the second copy with the new lines won't harm anyone for sure.

• magmaboss
  • User

Posted at 2016-04-23 21:47:13 — Link

I already placed a comment on my problem on the link in the middle.

Magmaboss ☺

• cheetahgirl
  • User

Posted at 2016-06-05 23:05:44 — Link

do you think this would be approved

meow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
♡♥

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-06-05 23:44:57 — Link

cheetahgirl, no, it won't be approved. Please check the requirements for skins, there's a lot of issues with this artwork.

• amalli
  • User

Posted at 2016-06-13 22:17:18 — Link

nevermind

• Sun_Showers
  • User

Posted at 2016-08-02 11:22:47 — Link

"2) Resolve the problem with a skin design which is a tribute to a copyrighted character."

I want to check these skins to make sure they aren't violating the rules.
I based them of of monsters from the Shin Megami Tensei games because I love those games, and the monster designs.
I'm worried that if they are too close I'd get punished if I try to upload them beacuse they might break the rules.

Specifically, these rules:
"You are prohibited to copy or recreate a whole or a part of an already existing skin, an artwork from another website or an artwork that you didn't create yourself."
"The artwork must be entirely yours including lineart, coloration and idea."
"Image mustn't be a fan-art. You can't use recognizable characters."

This one is based on Orthrus because I love his bright colours. I thought this would pass since this one has a spiky mane and wolf tail (and only one head.) But I wanted to make sure.

And this one is based on Taowu. When I read up on Symurghs (Simurghs?) I noted it occasionally had a human face, so it put me in mind of one of my favorite demons to use in Persona 4. With bird claws and wings it seemed different enough to be okay, but I still thought it was best to make sure.

So do they pass?

~My Skins~

I keep my thread in creative up to date. Please check it out if you want to see and critique the custom skins I've made.

~My Experience During My First Event: A Thank You~

« Prev | 1 2 ... 24 25 26 ... 36 37 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla