Boards < Community < Roleplay < When Night Falls

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

• -Marrow-Wolf-
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-16 00:51:14 — Link

Story [About Shifters]

Since the beginning of time, a race of wolves called Shifters have roamed the planet. They've never shown themselves; they're too different than others, which made them afraid they'd never be welcomed had they revealed themselves. They are, in fact, correct. Long ago a Shifter had revealed himself to regular wolves. They feared him and his powers and banned him along with his entire species from ever joining the pack. All were to be tested before joining, which is still being done. The Shifters moved to an area that lies between two mountains. It dead ends at a huge field with dens surrounding it in the shadows of the trees that border the field. There's a certain secret path that leads into these mountains to this area but it is, in fact, secret and only pack members know it's there.

Now you're probably wondering: What is a Shifter? Well, it's a wolf that, in the day, looks like a regular wolf. At night, however, their true form reveals itself and their powers are available for use. The true forms of Shifters are very different from a regular wolf and can contain unnatural colors or just be unnatural altogether (Don't get it? Look at my own characters). Their powers differ from wolf to wolf but there are some related that share the same powers. Some develop new ones over time that replace older ones.

There's only one way to tell a Shifter from a regular wolf and that's their eyes. In the light of the sun, their eyes are normal but when the go into the shadows, their eyes take on a faint glow. It's not that glare most animals have in their eyes at night. It's an actual glow the color of their eyes.

Story [About The Packs]

The first pack is the Midnight Wolves. They are the pack that lives in the mountains. You may be wondering this: You just implied all Shifters live in the mountains. Not long after they moved into the mountains, one of their own kind got a little power hungry. He decided to try to overthrow the alpha, Taze. The wolf, Vaughn, had nearly succeeded but hadn't because of the wolves that remained loyal to Taze. Vaughn fled with those loyal to him to the outskirts of the Midnight Wolf territory. He and his wolves roam that area, planning their next attack. Vaughn's pack has since then become known as the Outlaws. The Shifters cross paths every now and then and are ordered to kill if a Midnight Wolf crosses into Outlaw territories or if an Outlaw crosses Midnight Wolf territory.

Midnight Wolves can be spotted easily. All you have to do is look for the feather that hangs from either their tail or neck.

Powers

Keep in mind almost every power has a cost. Be sure to look at this. Powers may also be added along with the power maximum. You can switch out old powers for new ones or add ones to your wolf if the maximum ammount is upped.

Invisibility -
You are completely invisible to everyone but wolves with the Pathfinder power will still see your path and outline. You are also invisible to those who can slow time, so it doesn't effect you.

Pathfinding -
You can see paths from other animals. You can also see paths from those long ago, dead and alive. You can see the paths of invisible wolves and see their outline as well. You can't, however, tell the difference between paths when they cross until they separate or whether or not the animal is alive.

Slowing Time -
You can slow down time to give you an idea of what your next move will be or what you can do but you are slowed as well and invisible wolves aer your main weakness because if they are invisible when you slow time, they are uneffected.

Senses Enhancement -
All senses are enhanced to where you can hear father, see farther, smell fainter scents, react faster and feel vibrations in the ground more. Your weakness is those who can slow time because you cannot react as fast due to time being slowed.

My Roleplay Rules

I will add more if it's needed. Keep that in mind.

• Your wolf isn't unstoppable. You will have two warnings. After that, I will remove you from my list of accepted roleplayers.

• You may use abnormal colors for your wolf's true form. Only the true form.

• You may leave certain parts of the skelly blank (Not the things I need to know), especially if they say "optional", but you must eventually fill out those that don't say it. Your wolf must have looks and a true form, must it be a written description or picture but you can leave it blank if you're looking for one or cannot finish the skelly at that time. You'll have two days to fill out the skelly entirely unless it's an area that is optional. After two days, you must redirect me to your skelly or repost it.

• You can list all characters under one skelly but make sure they're at least separated like mine or in a similar way.

• You may use an abnormal wolf for your wolf's true form as long as it has something wolflike about it. Look at my own characters for examples.

• Don't copy names (It can be spelled differently) because it can be confusing trying to figure out which wolf is which due to the names being exactly the same.

• You cannot roleplay your own character's mate and/or crush. You're also required to make a skelly for any pups when they're born.

• No extra powers for your wolf's true form (Besides the ones listed). This includes (Even if very slightly) extra strength, agility, etc.

No permanent loners. Loners are fine if it's only temporary but otherwise you must have a wolf in a pack. This is a pack roleplay after all.

• You can request powers but they may not make it to the list.

• Please allow me to control day/night. I don't want members to have their characters playing in a million different times of day or night.

Skelly/Form To Join

I do choose whether or not I allow you to join, so don't get mad if I tell you no. It's not a completely open roleplay where you don't need to be accepted to take part. If I think there's too many people here, I will close it to anyone who wants to join. Sorry but it happens (More than likely it won't though).

Character Name:

Nickname (Optional):

Siblings (If any):

Parents (Don't list them if they aren't characters you're roleplaying now):

Crush:

Mate:

Pups:

Eye Color (Can be natural and unnatural colors):

Feather (State from what bird - only if a Midnight Wolf):

Feather Position (Neck or tail - only if a Midnight Wolf):

Day Form:

True Form:

Pack You Want To Join (Outlaws or Midnights):

Rank Desired:

Powers (Maximum of 2):

Personality (Optional):

History (Optional):

Wolf Ranks [Midnight Wolves]

Alpha, Alpha In Training and Alpha Pups -
Only two wolves can have Alpha position, which is the original alpha and his/her mate. The alpha in training is always chosen from the alpha pups when they have become old enough and proved themself.

Marrow - Alpha Female

No Alpha Male at this time

No Alpha in training at this time

No Alpha pups at this time

Lead Beta and Other Betas -
An unlimited number of wolves can be chosen for this rank but there's not usually very many. These wolves are second in command and watch over the pups while the alphas are gone. They also make sure everyone follows through with the alpha's orders.

Alexiusz - Lead Beta

No other Betas at this time

Lead Warrior and Other Warriors -
These are the best fighters in the pack. They are chosen to scan the territory for Outlaw wolves and kill when neccessary.

Siren - Lead Warrior

Luken

Lead Hunter and Other Hunters -
These aren't neccessary the best fighters; those are the warriors but they are the ones that bring in the food.

Blackout - Lead Hunter

Ladon

Unranked Wolves -
It's self explanatory but just in case, they're the wolves that have no ranks, no other place that suits them or are waiting to be given a rank.

SilkenGhost

Omegas -
Being the lowest rank possible, Omegas are looked down upon because of their tendency to goof off, joke around, be too playful, aren't serious enough and on certain occassions, this rank is given as a punishment.

No Omegas at this time

Wolf Ranks [Outlaws]

Alpha, Alpha In Training and Alpha Pups -
Only two wolves can have Alpha position, which is the original alpha and his/her mate. The alpha in training is always chosen from the alpha pups when they have become old enough and proved themself.

Vandane - Alpha Male

No Alpha Female at this time

No Alpha in training at this time

No Alpha pups at this time

Lead Beta and Other Betas -
An unlimited number of wolves can be chosen for this rank but there's not usually very many. These wolves are second in command and watch over the pups while the alphas are gone. They also make sure everyone follows through with the alpha's orders.

Terron - Lead Beta

No other Betas at this time

Lead Warrior and Other Warriors -
These are the best fighters in the pack. They are chosen to scan the territory for Outlaw wolves and kill when neccessary.

Dusk - Lead Warrior

Night Crawler

Frostbitten

Awaiting Rank

Maline
Ghostmoon

The Alpha of this pack has no Hunters because he feels you must fend for yourself. He won't set others out on journeys only to come back with little to nothing for everyone. The Alpha has no Unranked wolves because he believes you either have a place or don't stay. The Alpha has no Omegas because he simply won't tolerate them. He's fine if you goof off or joke around as long as you're serious when it's needed.

Accepted Roleplayers

SongDragon
DragonWolfShadows
Zenith
Storm

My Characters

Keep in mind that these will slowly become finished. I have been busy lately and, really, the only things you won't see are personality, history (I never do those two; I only put it on the skelly because some like to include those) and looks. I draw my character's looks (True forms only) most of the time so don't expect more than one character's looks per day. At least you'll know what you need to know.

Character Name:
Marrow // Alexiusz // Siren // Luken // Blackout // Ladon // Vandane // Terron // Dusk // Night Crawler // Frostbitten

Nickname (Optional):
Mar // Alexi or Alex // No Nickname // Lu or Luke // No Nickname // Lai // Van or Dan (Pronounced Dawn) // No Nickname // No Nickname // Night // Frost or Ice

Marrow through Frostbitten are young adults.

Female // Male // Male // Male // Female // Male // Male // Male // Female // Female // Female

Siblings (If any):
Marrow through Frostbitten have no siblings

Parents:

Crush:
No // No // No // No // No // No // No // No // No // No // No

Mate:

Pups:

Eye Color:
Red // Stormy Blue // Smokey Blue // Forest Green // Golden // Creamy Brown // Dark Purple // Golden // Light Orange // Dark Blue-Purple // Red-Orange

Feather (State from what bird):
Eagle // Dove // Bluebird // Robin // Cardinal // Hawk // No // No // No // No // No

Feather Position (Neck or tail):
Neck // Neck // Neck // Tail // Tail // Neck // No // No // No // No // No

Day Form:

True Form:
[Working on these; please be patient]

Pack:
Midnight Wolves // Midnight Wolves // Midnight Wolves // Midnight Wolves // Midnight Wolves // Midnight Wolves // Outlaws // Outlaws // Outlaws // Outlaws // Outlaws

Alpha Female // Lead Beta // Lead Warrior // Warrior // Lead Hunter // Hunter // Alpha Male // Lead Beta // Lead Warrior // Warrior // Warrior

Powers (Maximum of 2):
Invisibility and Pathfinding // Senses Enhancement and Invisibility // Senses Enhancement and Pathfinding // Senses Enhancement and Slowing Time // Pathfinding and Slowing Time // Pathfinding and Invisibility // Invisibility and Slowing Time // Slowing Time and Senses Enhancement // Invisibility and Pathfinding // Pathfinding and Slowing Time // Pathfinding and Slowing Time

• -Marrow-Wolf-
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-16 01:02:39 — Link

Check here each time we start a new day for weather and whatnot.

Current Season - Spring

Tempurature: 40 Degrees (F)

Weather - Sunny, cloudless sky

• SongDragon
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-16 17:28:29 — Link

Hello, I'm interested. This is a new character for me. For wolves I've only ever done realistic rpgs before, and one werewolf rpg (which didn't last long). I tend to have limited time due to work, and I've never tried an rpg on a site that wasn't specifically for that rpg. That said, here's my skelly so far.

Character Name: Maline

Nickname (Optional): Mali

Siblings (If any): None active.

Parents (Don't list them if they aren't characters you're roleplaying now): Nada.

Crush: Not applicable.

Mate: Not applicable.

Pups: Not applicable.

Eye Color (Can be natural and unnatural colors): Green.

Feather (State from what bird - only if a Midnight Wolf): Nada.

Feather Position (Neck or tail - only if a Midnight Wolf): Nada.

Day Form:

Maline is a tri-colored wolf, showing a creamy base that shows through on her underbelly, paws, tail tip, muzzle, and neck. Layered upon that is gray ticking, darkening the top of her muzzle, her thighs, shoulders, and a dark mask about her eyes. Her mask is very dark gray, and might be mistaken for black if Mali were to stay to the shadows. The last color of Mali’s coat is a fine, bright auburn, particularly touching her ears and shoulders with that color and mingling with the gray along her back. Mali’s eyes are green and don’t seem terribly unnatural upon first glance. She’s not the largest of wolves, or fastest. Nimble and graceful describe Mali’s movements well. Mali has a somewhat stocky build that makes her look like these words should not fit her.

True Form:

Covered in slick copper scales, as cold as ice to the touch, this form gives Mali a sleek, reptilian look. Upon closer examination, the scales appear to be greenish at the edge, like a penny left out too long under bad conditions. She smells faintly like oxidizing metal. Her claws are bright, long, and sharp looking. Mali is built low to the ground with her body longer than it is tall in this true form. Her tail almost doubles her length and ends in a hard, sharp point. Ears swivel as if she is something jagged together from clockwork. Mali’s eyes glow the turquoise green which copper imparts.

Pack You Want To Join (Outlaws or Midnights): Outlaws

Rank Desired: Mali is after Beta or Warrior, but is currently waiting to be given rank.

Powers (Maximum of 2): Invisibility, Slowing Time

Personality (Optional):

History (Optional):

"One of these days I'm going to raise up my glistening wings and fly..."

Janis Ian, Society's Child

• -Marrow-Wolf-
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-16 21:49:11 — Link

That's fine. I've been pretty busy with school work and trying to find one (I'm about to be in high school) and whatnot, my main free time being on the weekends.

Also, you're accepted.

Now, it depends on how you want to start off. I'm used to others making their own wolves roam territories and running into my own but if you want to start off with them already met, that's fine as well.

Terron is out hunting for his meal along the territory borders. This was normally the most common place for prey to cross over but they were normally harder to catch because they'd run back over the borderline.

Dusk is having a practice session with the other warriors. Night, don't leave your neck so wide open.

Night Crawler rolls his eyes. He didn't believe his neck was wide open but that was until Frostbitten lunged and got hold of his neck. Ice!

Frostbitten let him go and gave him a grin. She's right. You don't protect your neck often enough.

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 00:52:33 — Link

Character Name: Ghostmoon

Nickname (Optional): Ghost

Siblings (If any): None

Parents (Don't list them if they aren't characters you're roleplaying now): N/A

Crush: None

Mate: None

Pups: None

Eye Color (Can be natural and unnatural colors): Pale Blue-Grey

Feather (State from what bird - only if a Midnight Wolf): N/A

Feather Position (Neck or tail - only if a Midnight Wolf): N/A

Day Form: A white, fine-boned wolf with a soft blue overcoat.

True Form: By nightfall, Ghost's appearance becomes significantly less substantial as she appears to warp the space immediately around her body - fading into her surroundings. The pale blue-gray glow from her eyes appears to come from deep within, giving her coat a very faint, unnatural luminescense.

Pack You Want To Join (Outlaws or Midnights): Outlaws

Rank Desired: Alpha Female or Beta

Powers (Maximum of 2): Pathfinding and Senses Enhancement

Personality (Optional): Ghostmoon is everything her name implies - mystic, quiet, cold and somewhat distant. Despite this, she can show a gentle, patient nature at surprising times and can, at times, seem maternal. A strong personality, her quiet side grants her an air of authority and an unusual sense of perception. Cool-headed and a person of few words, Ghost is harder to anger than most and does not consider herself much of a fighter.

History (Optional): N/A

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• DragonWolfShadows
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 02:51:55 — Link

Character Name: SilkenGhost

Nickname (Optional): Silk

Siblings (If any): No

Parents (Don't list them if they aren't characters you're roleplaying now): No

Crush: N/A

Mate: No

Pups: No

Eye Color (Can be natural and unnatural colors): Blue with specks of red.

Feather (State from what bird - only if a Midnight Wolf): Barn Owl

Feather Position (Neck or tail - only if a Midnight Wolf): Tail

Day Form: He's covered in blond fur. Around his eyes is a mask of light grey colored fur. He has black fur around his paws, called boots.

True Form: When night fallls his fur and skin becomes transparent. Making his muscles and other parts visible. His teeth and claws are also longer.

Pack You Want To Join (Outlaws or Midnights): Midnight

Rank Desired: Alpha male

Powers (Maximum of 2): Senses Enhancement and Pathfinding

Personality (Optional): (Will fill in later. Like tomorrow or later today. Too lazy right now.)

History (Optional):

• -Marrow-Wolf-
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 03:48:31 — Link

DragonWolfShadows, that is a power in my book (Becomes transparent. Making his muscles and other parts visible) but because you can still see parts of him, I'll accept it. Both you and Zenith are accepted.

• -Marrow-Wolf-
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 03:55:27 — Link

Marrow decided she ought to check the territory with Siren. She doesn't say anything to him, knowing he speaks to no one.

• Storm
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 07:36:52 — Link

(If there is no more room I will edit this)

Character Name: Moon

Nickname (Optional): Shine

Siblings (If any): None, deceased

Parents (Don't list them if they aren't characters you're roleplaying now): Deceased

Crush: None

Mate: None

Pups: None

Eye Color (Can be natural and unnatural colors): Cobalt

Feather (State from what bird - only if a Midnight Wolf):None

Feather Position (Neck or tail - only if a Midnight Wolf): None

Day Form: Snow white wolf with stormy gray silver around her shoulders and back

Form: Looks almost just like her day from, execpt if she wishes to she can stand and walk on two legs. Her fur is the same snow white with stormy grey and silver. except when she stands in the moonlight her fur glows like a beacon, but she can control the intensity of the brightness, she also gets a subtle strength in her abilitys

Pack You Want To Join (Outlaws or Midnights): Midnight Wolfs

Rank Desired: Hunter or Warrior

Powers (Maximum of 2):  Senses Enhancement and Invisibility

Personality (Optional): Moon has always been hunted, no matter where she goes so she never lets heself get attached to anyone or any place. Always moving, never staying in one place, never trusting anyone.

History (Optional):Moon grew up in a normal pack her abilitys hidden by her mother who was also a shifter. She was hardly able to hunt for herself when her pack found out and hunted them for many days and night. Sacraficing herself, Moon mother lead them off so Moon could live.

• -Marrow-Wolf-
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 08:51:08 — Link

Excuse me if I seem/am strict but... :P I kinda am at times.

Storm, I'd also consider that a power (She gets slightly stronger by the glow of the moon). The glow is fine but the strength must stay at her usual because I would consider it super strength. The only powers allowed are the ones I have listed so far. Your wolf may not have a pack right now, but she'll have to have one eventually. I don't want any permanent loners and that's just because this is meant to be a pack roleplay. I'm letting you know this because she has no pack she wishes to join listed and she also doesn't have a desired rank listed (Not that this would be needed if she wanted to join the Midnights). She may roam the grounds of the two packs as a loner for now but must eventually become part of one pack or the other.

If you do intend to have her join a pack and I just misunderstood, then you're accepted. :)

• SongDragon
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 16:40:43 — Link

((Since there aren't any other packs save the two, I thought she'd be pack already, but she wouldn't know them. Maybe she'd recognize the names as the names of pack members, but is not really able to attach a name to a face or scent so to speak?))

Independent minded might have been a kind way to describe Maline. Obtuse was another. She had often been told she didn't concentrate enough of of her attention in towards the pack and upon her pack mates. The pale tip of her tale twitched as the recollection of what such ignorance had earned her in the past.

She stalked along the border and caught sight of another wolf. He was Outlaw, as was she, so she made herself known, coming into full view, trying not to startle any game he might be after.

"One of these days I'm going to raise up my glistening wings and fly..."

Janis Ian, Society's Child

• -Marrow-Wolf-
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 18:52:16 — Link

Alright, SongDragon.

Terron looks at her and nods his head as a hello.

• Storm
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 20:10:40 — Link

(Well its only subtle strength gain, nothing considered a super power, and I will change it if I must or remove one of the powers. Also,  yes I will end up joining on of the packs, just right now Moon is a loner because she doesnt know there are others like her near by.)

EDIT : (Midnight Wolves, Hunter or Warrior)

• -Marrow-Wolf-
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 20:40:44 — Link

Alright, I guess it's fine if it's not a very significant strength gain.

I would like to know which pack you want your wolf to join though because I add the wolves to the pack lists before they join so I don't have to do it later (Because later I tend to forget).

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 03:48:17 — Link

((Spring at -40F...guessing there's still snow afoot? Early spring?))

Ghostmoon watched the warriors spar in silence as she lay curled in the brush beneath a nearby tree, head on her paws. She gave a puffy sigh and stretched, reclining to lean against the tree with her head up. Her nose twitched. There were animals nearby, she concluded as she tested the air, making a mental note for when she was feeling less lazy and more hungry.

Ghost's attention drifted back to the warriors, content to watch with mild interest as she made more notes. Fighting, she mused, was an inevitable fact of life - much as she didn't care for it. She looked on, eyes becoming heavy with content.

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

« Prev | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla