Boards < Community < Groups < The Golden Standard Project

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-17 23:15:38 — Link

Hello everyone! As some of you may know, I exclusively collect and breed cockatrice, probably one of the least-liked species on the site currently. So, in an attempt to champion the underdog, encourage more people to breed these cool animals and improve the overall breeding quality of the cockatrice available on the site I put forth...

(PM me if you're interested in filling an art commission)

The Golden Standard Project

About: This breeding group will focus on all genetic aspects to help provide cockatrice breeders the step up they need for their own personal projects, whether it's color breeding or breeding the next combat contender. The whole project is to encourage interest in these creatures and to foster a friendly subcommunity of users who are interested in breeding cockatrice. That said, I really hope that people who join this group will choose to fraternize and work as a team for whatever common goal they share.

Joining and Membership: Joining the Golden Standard Project is easy! Just post a completed form for some basic information and I'll add it to the membership list for others to view. If you have any pets in specific you'd like to offer up for stud to other users, provide a link to they can be added to the list.

What are your breeding goals?

Do you have any pets you're looking for mates for?

If so, what are you looking for in a potential mate?

Do you have any pets you'd be willing to stud other users?

What are your terms for breedings? For example, do you prefer silver or double breedings?

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-17 23:16:27 — Link

Members:

Zenith

Goals: My goal is to breed dilute silver cockatrice and work my way to making gene combo silver cockatrice.
Seeking Mates: Yes. I'm always looking for new mates, but in particular I'm currently looking for mates for two of my males, Indigo and Amazon
Mate conditions: For my two males, I'm looking to try to breed for two gene combos in their offspring. So gene combo pets or carriers that possess all four of the traits are desired.
Breeding stock available for others: I'm opening up my entire stable to breedings to help kickstart the project. If you see an individual you would like to arrange a breeding with, I'm best contacted through PM.
Breeding terms: My terms for breedings are largely in favor of double breedings or, depending on the luck, batch breedings to get the desired outcome.

Zoetrooper

Goals: First off I would like to weed out all negative genetics. I want one perfect cockatrice of each colour and then achieve a genetic power of 3 with their offspring. Lofty goals. I also want to do this without inbreeding. Finding new blood is always a priority. I do have a preference for:
  • Striped: Black, Silver, White
  • Spotted: Silver, White, Orange
  • Piebald: Orange, Silver, Black
  • Normal: Orange
Seeking mates: Always looking for potential mates for my females.
Mate conditions: Positive genetics for the most part. At this point I'm not as worried about genetic power. My females do not breed with males that have 3 or more negetive genes. That said I do not bother to breed them with males with undiscovered genes either.
Breeding stock available for others: Loads, all they need to do is ask. I keep my male cockatrices in "Calcatrix-Glory" and there are a few males in "Perfectum".
Breeding terms: I have no real terms. Double breedings sounds like the best way to get what you are looking for. I would encourage that. I do charge a stud fee. This is flexible however, so no real worries there.

Poltergeist

Goals: First of all, I'm working on strictly breeding Golds. Then, I want to work on their stats after I improve their genetics.
Seeking Mates: Yes. I'm always looking for new Cockatrix to breed mine with, to decrease inbreeding potential.
Mate conditions: I am very picky, color-wise. They must be gold or silver. I would also prefer fewer than three red stats, if possible.
Breeding stock available for others: I've got a few up for stud already. My males usually are, after I identify their genetics.
Breeding terms:I prefer a case-by-case basis. The males I am breeding with currently are up for 1K breedings each. However, if anyone wants to do a double breeding, just shoot me a message. I will more than likely always accept double breedings.

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-17 23:16:58 — Link

Available for Breeding 

Males
Pet NamePet ID #Pet Owner
Indigo #63120 Zenith
Amazon #64627 Zenith
Empyrean #53046 Zenith
Phineus #61461 Zenith
Sunstriker #62320 Zenith
Garl #63115 Zenith
Deep Blue #66216 Zenith
Othello #38212 Zenith
"nameless" #55813 Zenith
"nameless" #63113 Zenith
Hircine #67262 Zenith
Females
Pet NamePet ID #Pet Owner
Amberclaw #47473 Zenith
Aural #43310 Zenith
Eldren #43966 Zenith
Thrimvak #57685 Zenith

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-18 00:30:00 — Link

The Golden Standard is now OPEN and accepting members!

• Zoetrooper
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-22 02:56:36 — Link

First off I would like to weed out all negative genetics. I want one perfect cockatrice of each colour and then achieve a genetic power of 3 with their offspring. Lofty goals. I also want to do this without inbreeding. Finding new blood is always a priority.

I do have a preference for 
Striped: Black, Silver, White
Spotted: Silver, White, Orange
Piebald: Orange, Silver, Black
Normal: Orange

Always looking for potential mates for my females.

Positive genetics for the most part. At this point I'm not as worried about genetic power.

My females do not breed with males that have 3 or more negetive genes.
That said I do not bother to breed them with males with undiscovered genes either.

Loads, all they need to do is ask. I keep my male cockatrices in "Calcatrix-Glory" and there are a few males in "Perfectum".

What are your terms for breedings? For example, do you prefer silver or double breedings?

I have no real terms. Double breedings sounds like the best way to get what you are looking for. I would encourage that.

I do charge a stud fee. This is flexible however, so no real worries there.

Trading Thread
Art Trades

• Poltergeist
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-22 08:58:43 — Link

What are your breeding goals First of all, I'm working on strictly breeding Golds. Then, I want to work on their stats after I improve their genetics.

Do you have any pets you're looking for mates for? Yes. I'm always looking for new Cockatrix to breed mine with, to decrease inbreeding potential.

If so, what are you looking for in a potential mate? I am very picky, color-wise. They must be gold or silver. I would also prefer fewer than three red stats, if possible.

Do you have any pets you'd be willing to stud other users? I've got a few up for stud already. My males usually are, after I identify their genetics.

What are your terms for breedings? For example, do you prefer silver or double breedings? I prefer a case-by-case basis. The males I am breeding with currently are up for 1K breedings each. However, if anyone wants to do a double breeding, just shoot me a message. I will more than likely always accept double breedings.

• L130053
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-22 13:35:56 — Link

Glad this is finally taking off.

• Draconox
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-25 19:09:05 — Link

I'm really into spotted, striped and piebald cockatrices, so I want to have at least one of each in every color with priority on the silvers plus a gold one for now. I try to weed out bad stats and genes and avoid inbreeding. As a long term goal I want to breed GP3 cockatrices but that's waaay in the future. I also think it'd be nice to get a very venomous specimen with poisonous claws, skin, teeth and petrifying gaze, but that's not a priority for now.

Silver Sea http://beastkeeper.com/pet/65370 (goal silver markings)

Velvet http://beastkeeper.com/pet/43047 (goal Counterstrike)

Ocean http://beastkeeper.com/pet/41799 (goal Counterstrike)

To be fully researched and no red stats or at least not more than two and they shouldn't be related.

Sure, feel free to take a look at them and pm me if one ore more piqued your interest.

What are your terms for breeding? For example, do you prefer silver or double breedings?

Both are fine, just pm me.

• LadyParagon
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-10 07:23:07 — Link

So, here is my offering for the group's banner, as well as my application for the group. Looking forward to being here!

*~*~*

I would like to work up a group consisting of at least one of every skin color for cockatrice, and simultaneously trying to breed out any red stats.

Turquoise Shard - http://beastkeeper.com/pet/79861

Neferia Shard - http://beastkeeper.com/pet/83944

Right now, I'm trying to get an intelligence of 60 so I can make my compass/telescope for my Cartographers Guild. So, I'm looking for high intellect and whatever colors might lead to the start of my silver line.

Neither of my males are worth breeding, atm.

At the moment, I would prefer double breedings. Subject to change, of course ^_~*

*~*~ Lady Paragon

Material Gathering ~ Donations Welcome!

Adamantine - 8/100 Clay - 50/50  Cuttlefish Ink - 50/50

Magnetite - 23/50 | Quartz - 50/50 | Stone - 50/50 |Wood - 50/50

Those that Donate to the cause will be listed on my profile
My Number for
stang824's Raffle is 29 - http://beastkeeper.com/thread/2846 

Good Luck to all Participants!

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla