Boards < General < Creative < Skins by Marans - and now Apparel!

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 | Next »

• LadyChipmunk
  • User

Posted at 2017-07-22 22:54:06 — Link

Number 2 is my favorite as well, but they are all lovely.

• Lisxz
  • User

Posted at 2017-07-23 22:07:59 — Link

The first one is so cute! Actually, all of them are, but I love that one specifically <3

And great job on the Harpy Eagle skin, it looks amazing.

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-07-23 22:43:35 — Link

Outlined 2. Wolf anatomy is not really my thing; the legs look weird, maybe neck is too long... oh well. I'll colour it after finishing some other stuff. :)

• RaptorKitty
  • User

Posted at 2017-07-24 01:00:43 — Link

Marans, stop selling yourself short ;P

It's adorable and gorgeous

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-07-24 12:37:46 — Link

It looks so playful! I love it <3

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-07-24 12:52:13 — Link

I love that you've done "Ice breath" as a pose. It's my favourite elemental attack ^_^

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-07-24 19:03:45 — Link

Thanks, both of you. Well, just had a surprise feathery bereavement this morning, so am not really feeling like art for a while :/

Except for finishing a bunch of commissions on DA, because I need the money, heh. And gotta finish editing two more models for BeastEon, ASAP. After all this current work is done, maybe I'll think about leisurely art again.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-07-24 19:26:17 — Link

Awwwv so sorry to hear that. I'm still sad my pet died, and that was last year. Was thinking about her last night, how she would cuddle on my lap in the cold, in a perfect circle, tail between ears.

Tell us about your birdie, and we will give her a send-off. *hug*

• RaptorKitty
  • User

Posted at 2017-07-24 19:36:59 — Link

Which one was it Marans? Please not Lightning :c I'm so sorry for your loss, no matter which adorable chicken it was.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-07-24 21:16:51 — Link

*pours out some whiskey* To absent pets. *glug*

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-07-24 21:57:27 — Link

T'was Rosie... little brown and cream hen, super tame and always following people around. Well, most chickens are like that (constantly wanting to watch and join in whatever you're doing in the garden) but she was by far the most bold. Wouldn't leave people alone!

Yesterday evening my grandma mentioned "another chicken having a go at her" while I was at work. I went to look and give them some treats, and noticed she was roosting in the coop. Bit early... and she wasn't interested in eating or drinking. Picked her up, checked for injuries but nope. Just a few feathers pulled out and scattered around, poor girl. So I hoped she was just "sleepy" already (chickens sorta go into a trance once it's darkening and they've gone to roost; all quiet and don't react to much).

This morning I went to let them out, thought "if there's anything still wrong with her today I'll put her in a separate area". The others rushed outside while she stayed on the perch. Looked asleep but...

Now I have a slight feeling of hatred towards the rest. "You little fluffy turds, did one of you cause this?" Can only assume a hidden injury or something 'cause she was fine yesterday morning, running around digging and eating. I really hope she wasn't in discomfort. It's driving me mad not knowing what went on. ;_;

The other thing that's unsettling is the other chickens' total lack of care. I love these big birdies but they are really quite emotionless animals. They have brief flashes of fear, anger and so on, but nothing more substantial. Zero sense of affection, grief, empathy in their little dinosaur nut-brains. They're totally oblivious to a dead fellow, and other chicken keepers tell tales of cannibalism, attacking injured flockmates (they are attracted to blood) and so on. D:  It's so different to dealing with "caring" animals like dogs and horses, where you kinda share in their grief. Total callous indifference. Oh well, chickens are not exactly known for their great minds.

Anyway, enough rambling, sorry about that. Gotta go now. :(

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-07-24 22:01:18 — Link

Don't worry, I think it would be harder if they understood. But they are closely related to therapods apparently, so if they were the size of a car we'd be in trouble.

Sad it was one that you were fond of - those are always the hardest. Perhaps it was just a sudden illness that got her. We'll never know.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2017-07-25 05:36:37 — Link

Oh my Marans, I am so sorry to hear. She sounds like a good girl who had a pampered life.. I am so protective over my 12 pullets. One time they were outside and a freak storm happened. My husband I ran out and brought them into their coop (back when they were still young enough we had a temp coop in our garage) and counted as we did so.... or so we thought... I went the next morning to feed them and I always count out of paranoia (their temp coop is like Fort Knox, so it is paranoia) and one was missing. I was so worried one of my girls was missing. I couldn't find her anywhere. There was a storm all night long and I unfortunantly had to run so I couldn't look for her much longer. I came back home a few hours later and looked all over the house. We are close to the woods and so I was worried something ran off with her. I started looking for feathers then. We had a downpour again and I still had no luck... Finally my dog starts freaking out and staring at an apple tree. My girl was tucked away in some lillies underneath the tree... Changed her name to  Lily after that episode. 

I was so happy to have found her and she was so apathetic. I put her back with the other girls and they were like "oh hey, it's you"... They really are emotionless.... I was so freaking happy to have found her safe. 

I wish good health for your flock <3

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• LadyChipmunk
  • User

Posted at 2017-07-25 20:36:14 — Link

My condolences, Maran.  If it helps at all, and I know very little does, the other chickens might not have been the cause.  They might have had a go at her because of some illness, injury, etc they knew about in that odd way animals do, and so were driving her out.  Which would mean it wasn't their fault at least.  And that likely there was nothing at all that could be done.

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-08-07 20:16:07 — Link

Thank you all. <3 Took a break for a couple of weeks, cuddled a lot of featherballs and also got lots of work and study done. Things are better now.

This event has only increased my determination to get some more land so I can rescue ex-battery hens... Rosie was the same "breed" (hybrid so common it has no name), it's tragic how millions of her sisters end up.I can't bring her back but I can do more for other hens out there :3

Nightingale - woo, so myself and lamel are not the only chicken lovers here? :) That's a lovely story about Lily.

arete, yes, chickens are like mini dinosaurs. Watch them hunt and eat a mouse (no actually don't...), they're vicious little things. And can accidentally peck fingers/hands really hard. Humanity should be thankful birds are so small.

« Prev | 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla