Boards < General < Creative < Skins by Marans - and now Apparel!

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 8 9 | Next »

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2016-12-26 20:52:30 — Link

These started as a bunch of random pose-practice sketches a while ago... and then I decided to add some quick lines, shading and submit them as skins here, just for fun.

I can't promise that there will be more gryphon skins, or other species drawn later. It really depends if I have time or not. Busy, always got lots of other things to draw :) but if you want a different colouration of these existing bases, feel free to suggest.

Peafowl gryphs, this pose was enjoyable

Ribbon dancing gryphs

Leaping (well, landing) gryphs

Curly gryphs, were originally meant to look like Frizzle chickens but it didn't quite work

Electric gryphs, started from same pose as the peafowl

Fire gryphs

Flowery gryphs

Ice gryphs

Random musical gryph, uh, I couldn't be bothered to do more colours x)

Chicken gryphs, will do more real-life colours later ;)

Finally some birds

Will submit them all in a minute, don't know if/when they'll be useable. They won't cost any gold coins.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2016-12-28 12:30:58 — Link

Oh my goodness, Marans, you are so talented!!!!

Now I need a stable full of gryphs!

You wouldn't happen to like doing unicorns....? I have so many beautiful unicorns that need a skin, and I've used most of the ones I like. Could you do a beautiful cremello, perhaps? :)

And could you maybe do some rocs? I have a lightning roc with massive wings that is just crying out for a skin :D

I think you'd really make a lot of silver around here while making the artwork look utterly amazing.

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2016-12-28 17:56:35 — Link

I'd like to try all species eventually. As said before, it really depends when I have free time. Just got some new commissions to start today, and will seek more in January... gonna be drawing/animating like a maniac all month haha.

Unicorns (horses) are my favourite things to draw though, so yes, would love to start sketching some of those soon. Any particular poses or themes you have in mind?

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2016-12-28 22:34:54 — Link

I'm in love with cremello Akhal Tekes. You know the horse with the metallic sheen? They look like they're made of gold.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/bc/dd/b2/bcddb2616772226e361a3558707bb3f8.jpg

Also would you do a series of arabians of various colours? Really delicate and beautiful?

If you do this I shall give you a Present :))

• DragonDreamers
  • User

Posted at 2016-12-30 08:29:34 — Link

I absolutely LOVE these! You are so talented! I could almost draw like this, but never digital, only by hand. If only there were some way to submit traditional drawings as skins lol.

But really, I need to get myself some good gryphons for these skins! My favorite colors are the peafowls, and my favorite pose would definitely have to be the leaping/landing one!

MASSIVE Stable Sweep– 100 pets!

https://beastkeeper.com/thread/11418 [OPEN]

Item Trades:

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/10638 [TEMP CLOSED]

I am currently attempting to breed for pets with a better chance at fighting Etelia for the upcoming event! When the project develops a bit more, I'll make an Etelia Warriors group where you can track my progress, and where I'll eventually(hopefully) be selling some!

Project Status: Breeding pets with 1-3 right genes to get the recessive ones.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2017-01-09 22:22:49 — Link

Hello Marans! Would you by any chance be up to drawing my horse Artemis for me? I'd be happy to send some pics and discuss potential poses for her skin. She is a paint quarter horse (brown and white). I can provide pictures when I am not on my phone. 

Let me know if you are open to commissions and what you are looking for!

Thanks!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-03-01 23:02:08 — Link

It's been a while, sorry about that. Things have been really busy lately!

Nightingale - I'm not sure if I have time to draw custom-custom (does that make sense?) skins, but soon there'll be some unicorns, perhaps one of them could be modified to resemble your horse? If there's a pose you like.

Well, here are some quick simple bases, just doodling wings the other day... I haven't started colouring them yet. They look plain gold for now.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-03-03 20:48:00 — Link

I love that you've done them in such an intimate style. In heraldry they'd be called Regardant.

Can pls be horsy tiem nao?

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-03-17 18:18:17 — Link

Thanks! And sorry, I know your unicorns are still waiting...

Just lazily coloured a few more gryphons. x) They're available to use now.

Ayam Cemani chicken

Buff Columbian chicken

Millefleur chicken

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-03-17 22:35:01 — Link

Your chickens are lovely, the ice one is so stately, but my heart belongs to the up-rearing blue one :3

• Wolfhy
  • User

Posted at 2017-04-08 23:18:02 — Link

Cool art

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-04-17 20:33:10 — Link

Sketch of a unicorn with a set of decorations :D

Might add more types of armour/costume, I find it's very relaxing to sketch flowy ribbons and beads and flowers etc, to fill a space or fit them around a creature's pose.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-04-20 21:59:18 — Link

I wish I could borrow your talent for a day :)

• BearyCute
  • User

Posted at 2017-04-30 00:10:51 — Link

Wow! I've just looked through this and I'm stunned! You are a great artist! Beautiful work! :)

Image result for cute transparent stickers

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-05-10 16:18:10 — Link

BearyCute, thank you!

This is not a new skin, but a redraw as I loved the pose/design and wanted to try again with my normal style. If I redraw another, it'll be the electric one. Not fond of any of the other poses.

Coming soon, unicorns.

« Prev | 1 2 ... 8 9 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla