Boards < General < Creative < Skins by Marans - and now Apparel!

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 | Next »

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-26 17:13:16 — Link

Pretty! I love glitches.

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• RaptorKitty
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-26 18:46:53 — Link

WhiteAura would love you if you did a Harpy Eagle one. I love the glitch!  I wonder how they'll handle the custom system, they've said a few things about it, but the things I do will probably no longer be accepted :P

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-26 19:47:12 — Link

There won't be any custom skins in BE (except some kind of special cases when a beast has done something legendary?... dunno, check the question thread again) and I doubt there'll be customisation of the explore sprites either, beyond showing each beast's personal markings.

When I offer to do custom colours/poses/whatever with these models, it's just GIFs for your amusement. Don't expect the textures or animations to appear in BE. :) I think they'll have enough issues with the default sprite sheets' file sizes, without more stuff being added.

Anyway for now, here's a half-outlined cockatrice...

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-26 19:57:06 — Link

Oh wow, those tail feathers look like they're actually MOVING!

You remind me of the Pre-Raphaelites, especially William Morris's Acanthus and Vine.

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-26 19:57:31 — Link

Oh, forgot to add, there will apparently be custom wearables and backgrounds though.

Must admit I'm worried about that too - the beast bases have such beautiful realistic smooth art, there won't be many players with the skills to draw matching clothes/armour/objects. My style is a bit cartoony and probably wouldn't fit. Will still try, of course. :P

edit: arete - bahahaha don't compare my scribbles to the old masters. I WISH I could paint a millionth as well as them...

• RaptorKitty
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-26 21:08:15 — Link

But it's so lovely Marans! Who cares if it's slightly cartoony, it's beautiful. That's going to be an adorable cockatrice skin. You should apply the random color generation to it for fun and pick out your favorites and post them, I'd love to see it (if that's even feasible).

So it'll become a bit like Flight Rising with the items, oh geez, items are difficult

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-26 22:03:55 — Link

Seems like everyone is familiar with Flight Rising and how it works, but I'm clueless lol. Dragons ain't my thing.

From what I've seen, the art is very good and consistent, but some dragon profile images look... insanely cluttered, tbh. Tons of contrasting wearables piled all over them, and it doesn't help that the basic poses are often strange and contorted. Sometimes it's hard even to identify the dragons - limbs and wings bent all over the place.

I mean, if you want to design a pretty dragon with markings etc, surely you want to see its whole body / from a side view, not half of it twisting upside down in a circle? x)

At least BE's bases are all (so far) calmly standing to the side, so we won't have that issue. Hopefully wearables will be layered more sensibly, too.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-26 23:07:41 — Link

Don't sell yourself short, hun.

You deserve to go to a top university and die poor and starving, surrounded by marvellous paintings, only for your heirs to get really rich off of auctioning off your pieces, at one a year for the foreseeable future.

Hmmm, on second thought, just carry on raising chickens, at least you'll have food. And your spouse won't cheat on you with Dante Gabriel Rosetti. He was a cad, if rather a good painter.

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-27 18:18:16 — Link

Hehehe.

Nah, vegan here, my chickens are just pets. Like cats and dogs and horses and fish to everyone else. :3 My dream is to start a modest little animal sanctuary, adopting livestock and ponies before slaughter and giving them a luxurious bit of countryside to roam around in.

First I need to save up a lot more, so will draw, code, animate and write like crazy for now. Freelance work, website revenue + Patreon later should help with income :)

Anyway, finished cockatrice base, this is a mille fleur (chicken) coloured one. Not very fond of it though. Will try more later.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-27 22:26:14 — Link

It looks so cute and mischievious! I want it *hugs cocky*

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-07-21 19:00:51 — Link

Some lykoses. Lykoi. Icy wolf things.

I only like the first two...

• RaptorKitty
  • User

Posted at 2017-07-21 19:51:42 — Link

ONE AND THREE ARE AMAZING IN MY OPINION. 10/10 Would look at again <3

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-07-21 20:21:06 — Link

I love two and four just that little bit more. Won't you do all of them? Pretty please? Charge us lots of silver to offset the aggravation :D

• RaptorKitty
  • User

Posted at 2017-07-21 20:42:03 — Link

Pls make one White and Fluffy. I'll love you 5 ever :P

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-07-21 21:05:11 — Link

Yes, I'll pay you 25000 silver for number 2.

« Prev | 1 2 ... 4 5 6 ... 8 9 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla