Boards < General < Creative < Skins by Marans - and now Apparel!

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 | Next »

• RaptorKitty
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-11 23:43:34 — Link

No, stop it. Don't do this to them.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-12 17:03:22 — Link

XD hahahahaha

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-13 23:14:21 — Link

Nah it's good, I think it's much better for someone to be interested in wildlife than trashy celebrities and other human-obsessed stuff. Too many people are like that. It's so boring.

This thread is a certified Animal Appreciation Zone. :)

Here's a drawing for you, WhiteAura. Maybe will add colour and submit as a skin...

• WhiteAura
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-14 03:12:13 — Link

Oh my, Marans! thank you so much for this, I really like it. It looks pretty awesome and I'd love to have this as a skin, so if you submit it I'll make sure to use it right away! :D If I could draw I'd make you something, but you can ask Raptor how things turn out everytime I try to draw something for her...

• RaptorKitty
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-14 03:13:41 — Link

I may have saved this image he made for me..... ^40203ce23710550c21a70103d3419ae8970565d17c7046e96 by Cyacol

• WhiteAura
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-14 03:17:45 — Link

Please ladies, hold your applause. I took my inspiraton from the great Bob Ross himself. I can't believe you censored the poop! It gave it character, hater :P

• GriffinRider
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-15 02:42:13 — Link

In response to your previous post, Marans, I'd love to share! I have a least a hundred drawings of griffins: classic paper and computer. I even have a clay figure of my beloved griffin character, Blitz!

I may edit this post later to add images, otherwise you may find a pm from me with a few highlights. Sadly haven't gotten to those chicken-griffins; been doing some "end of school-year" stuff like tests. Just did three today.

To your recent post;  I honestly know more about animals than I do poeple and the current world around me. I used to read up about dogs, then cats ~ now I'm excited just to name off birds I find outside my door. 

WhiteAura, I can see the inspiration. That tree looks so happy to be there. Beautiful work, all of you!

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-15 16:41:42 — Link

Is that a unicorn cow? :D Also I like its long body and little legs. I can imagine it twisting around and crawling forwards like a mealworm (that's a compliment - I breed them and find them adorable to watch).

GriffinRider, ooh, even a sculpture! I'm excited to see.

Not sure if you (or anyone else) needs this info, but I might as well mention it here anyway. If you're a member of DeviantArt there's a free private gallery option (sta.sh) where you can host stuff - images, writing, ZIP folders containing 3D model files, anything - and it's only visible by you sharing a link with someone. An easy-to-use and versatile alternative to imgur, photobucket or other file-hosting sites.

... anyway, ah, I just wondered. Does anyone else here remember a game called Order of the Griffin? Sadly it vanished a few years ago, but man, the huge variety of random genetic coats they had were beautiful. I've managed to track down a bunch of images if anyone wants to see them. Most combinations were lost though.

Lately while coding my own griffon-coat generator and other random toys for my website-to-be, I keep thinking back to that game which inspired my griff-love. It's SO tempting to contact the developer and ask what caused her to abandon it, and/or even offer to rehost it. x)  Although it would probably be refused; very old code after all, and often slow. Maybe she wouldn't want it dragged back up from the dead. Aww well.

(I swear, if only I had better coding skills, or money to hire a professional, I would try to build a modern version, with similarly complex genetic system. Alas, database and PHP stuff are currently alien to me.)

• GriffinRider
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-15 17:49:18 — Link

Interesting.  I've thought about joining deviant, but honestly I'm a little shy of my artwork on the internet. Though,  after a year of posting in a privately shared collection on my google plus, I've gotten pretty warmed up to it. I also have taken acount that one way or another my art would end up on the internet anyways.

I remember Order of the Griffin, found and joined the same year I joined Beast Keeper four years ago. I didn't really understand the mechanics then, but still enjoyed it until I suddenly just stopped. Sad the hear it's no longer up and running. I'm sure all your coding efforts will work out fine; best of luck to you!

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-15 20:28:20 — Link

You don't have to upload anything publicly, or even touch your DA account at all. :) Just once you're logged in there, you can access your private Sta.sh gallery. I've used it for image hosting and file backups for years. Free members get 2GB of space, premium members like me get 10GB. If you never share a link to a certain folder/image then nobody will ever see it; all URLs are long and randomised. Still your choice though.

I also wish I had understood OOTG's mechanics, and saved loads more images back then. Virtually every single coat was beautiful. >.< Also could've taken a look at the code; that would be immensely helpful in my studies now, haha. Sadly most pages and scripts were locked behind a login and therefore unavailable on any web archives.

Never mind though! I'll keep learning and find a way to re-create it one day. Thanks for your encouragement. :)

There's an old preview of my GriffGen. Since then I've added more marking types, and at some point really wanna get rainbow and iridescent parts layered in there, like those old "Oily" griffins.

• RaptorKitty
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-15 20:48:35 — Link

I'm so jealous Marans, these things seem to come so easily to you :P I look forward to seeing your game if you ever finish it!

I love the generator, it looks like fun to make something like that.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-17 20:07:35 — Link

Watching this gryph is mesmerising x)

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• yecak
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-22 05:02:54 — Link

Would you be able to make some ones for, say, Throdamas? I know they look weird but custom skin ones can look just fabulous! I shouldn't even be asking since I never have enough money to buy rainbow jars. XD I really like your peafowl gryphon customs, they're wonderful. Could you do some with a shroud of leaves, raindrops, flames, etc.?

In war truth is the first casualty - A Goodman 

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-22 16:09:59 — Link

yecak, yes, I'd like to do skins for all species eventually - either by colouring the official bases or drawing new poses, not sure yet. Depends how much time I have.

Cockatrices will probably be my next target, now that gryphs and unis are thoroughly accounted for. x) Don't wanna get too tired of those species. Might revisit them later.

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-26 16:52:13 — Link

Just been finalising some animated models. Here's a funky-looking "glitch tiger" that happened when I set a material to shadeless and the bump map freaked out. Total accident but I liked the result - it's like half the orange coat is splattered with rainbow opal.

Assuming Angel is fine with it, I'd happy to post some more previews of the beast models, or even paint some custom ones if anyone has requests.

(yeah now I'm tempted to colour a Harpy Eagle one hehe)

« Prev | 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla