Boards < General < Creative < Skins by Marans - and now Apparel!

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 4 ... 8 9 | Next »

• Lisxz
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-10 17:08:28 — Link

I've been watching this thread for a while now (totally not a stalker), Marans, and your art is just amazing! With the addition of these new unicorns, I'll definetely have to do more island explorations to collect some Rainbow Jars and use these skins. Your skins are fantastic too, RaptorKitty :)

• RaptorKitty
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-10 17:13:07 — Link

Marans just got more custom skins accepted

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-10 18:21:49 — Link

Lisxz, thank you :3

Haha yeah, RaptorKitty and some others (who don't seem to be posting on the forum, sadly) have been making some fab skins too. My hoard of Jars is rapidly dwindling.

arete, challenge accepted!

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-10 18:28:37 — Link

Marans, your skins are fantastic. I almost regret using the plain white skin you made because now there's a ribboned one. But I think I have another white unicorn somewhere :3

Aah, the beauty of it ^_^

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• GriffinRider
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-10 18:45:44 — Link

Marans, I must confess I LOVE your art! Ever since I saw the first batch of gryphons, I've been dying to get some rainbow jars yet I can't choose just one of them! That and to computer-draw again (if only my stuff was behaving, haha)

I understand you have alot on your plate, but I had an idea for you since you happen to like chickens, and that was to do a silky chicken! I mean no rush, just planting an idea whenever you have the free time and will.

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-10 20:58:12 — Link

Oh, I loooove silkies! Can't have any though, 'cause they're mega expensive here (not many breeders) and they have such docile nature (and sometimes limited vision due to ridiculous crests) my other chickens would stomp all over them. :<

Ahem... but yeah, I'm working on a big series of "griffon breeds" drawings. Silkie, Frizzle, Serama, Dutch Booted Bantam, Wyandotte, Shamo, Ayam Cemani, Orpington, you name it.

Wasn't planning to make them as BK skins though - more like a poster - but we'll see.

edit: apologies arete, I started tinkering with the official uni base but FireAlpaca crashed. Perhaps you'll accept some other rose-y unis as a substitute?

Also a preview of armour... and whatever these medieval horse-robes were called. Need more interesting patterns.

• GriffinRider
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-10 22:30:36 — Link

Silkies are the only chicken I can honestly name off, and seeing your newest batch with Rosie and the others, it came to mind. They're such a unique breed, and thought it would be pretty neat to see a griffin with the awesome crest.

No matter the outcome, sounds exciting! Being a "griffin-freak" myself, I can't wait to see the finished product(s)!

Good luck to you and your projects!

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-10 23:23:21 — Link

Thanks for your support!

Hehe, you wanna see some other eye-catching chickens?

... and I could go on forever. x) Imagine these transformed into griffons...

• GriffinRider
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-11 01:56:00 — Link

These are beautiful, and griffins of them would just be 5 times as fabulous! Now I'm inspired to join you in that chicken-griffin adventure. I'll have to find some completmentary felines, as that's how I like to do griffins, but certainly this would be some fun research!

oooo, since I'm also experimenting with hippogriffs and keythongs.... oh my goodness, so many possibilities, it's wonderful!

• WhiteAura
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-11 04:03:59 — Link

Wow, those are some nice chickens and even though I like them I'm more of a Harpy Eagle person. Here are some of my favorites :D   

https://i1.wp.com/theanimalfacts.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Harpy-eagle-top.jpghttps://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/9a/1f/61/9a1f61497c2e49fc2cd3463a904c65e1.jpghttp://www.eagledirectory.org/species/images/harpy_eagle_close_up.jpg

I like them a lot

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-11 14:49:34 — Link

Oooh Marans! So pretty X3

The armour is wonderful. I think the word you're looking for is caparisons.

Also, my prettiest pony: https://beastkeeper.com/pet/1065115

So far, anyway :)

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-11 18:01:31 — Link

GriffinRider - yep, imagine griffons that are tortoiseshell, calico, fluffy Persian... or bald and wrinkly like a Sphinx? x)

If you have any griffon drawings to share, please do! I'd love to see them.

WhiteAura, I honestly had to google that bird to check if it was real. O_O Wow. The faces are especially beautiful.

I'm more of a fan of the Griffon Vulture. What a wingspan... they look amazing in flight. The Harpy's adorably chunky body does look much more griffon-appropriate though.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-11 18:18:17 — Link

http://www.theanimalfiles.com/birds/birds_of_prey/lammergeier.html

How about a lammergeier? :)

• RaptorKitty
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-11 23:40:33 — Link

Marans, every once in awhile he'll (WhiteAura) go on a rant about how cool harpy eagles are, don't make me suffer through hearing this again today :P

Edit : He just started talking about how cool they are, help me.

• WhiteAura
  • User

Posted at 2017-06-11 23:42:54 — Link

Yeah, did you know they're actually the biggest and most powerful eagles? They also make their nest on the tallest tree around, and no other animal dares to come close to it, because if they do they die and get eaten. :D

« Prev | 1 2 3 4 ... 8 9 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla