Boards < General < Creative < Sticky: Ask a Moderator

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 6 7 8 ... 36 37 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-30 20:36:35 — Link

Greetings :)

1. No if there are only minor updates like you mentioned in the second question. If something in your skin really annoys you and you want to update it, you can send me a PM with an updated image and I will update it manually for the existing skin.

2. No if the existing skin is public. We don't want to have several skins which have only slight differences like leg color. Although please note that the rule "1 type of each of each creature" applies only to the skins created from the official skin bases, and 2 Morning Doves with different lineart or pose will be accepted without any problems.

3. There are 2 main rules: not to add new / remove the existing body parts (this doesn't include decorative elements like additional horns, fethers, tendrils etc.) and not to alter the species in other ways (for example, unicorn and kirin are different species). Basically the requirements for different species look like this:

Dragon. Reptilian with 2 wings, 4 legs, 1 tail and 1 head.
Roc. Raptor avian. 1 head, 2 wings, 2 legs.
Gryphon. Feline / avian hybrid with bird head, wings and cat hind paws and tail. Front paws can be either avian or feline. 1 head, 2 wings, 4 legs, 1 tail.
Unicorn. Equine with horn on the head. 1 head, 4 legs, 1 tail.
Cockatrice. Bipedal reptilian / avian hybrid. 1 head with beak and preferably a crest, 2 wings or intermediate form between reptilian arms and wings, 2 legs and 1 reptilian tail.
Puma. Ordinary feline. 1 head, 4 legs, 1 tail.

• Dorchadas
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-31 00:34:30 — Link

Thank you very much! : )

EDIT:

Okay, I have another question. Sorry to keep bothering you like this, Angel, but I made a "Male Eastern Bluebird" skin and that had me wondering... Could I make a female one as well?

The males are shockingly blue birds with nice, bright blue breast/belly area and slight lines of white between the blue and orange, where as the females are brown with slight blue shading, and white breast/belly area with sunset yellow patches. They look very diffrent, but both would still be "Eastern Bluebirds".

Sorry about the complication... I'm a huge bird watching and what to have skins that look like some of my favorite species. Thank you once again! Have a wonderful day!

Edit Mark 2:

Male:

Male Eastern Bluebird Roc

Female:

Female Eastern Bluebird Roc

If you wish to contact me, it's best to do do so through PM. I am extremely forgetful.

I am a breeder of ROCS!  If you need to buy or sell any, please feel free to contact me! Also, I run a roc breeding group. If you're interested, check it out! The first 10 members are entered into a contest!

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-01 00:19:16 — Link

Nevermind.. I might have figured it out.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-04-01 00:57:36 — Link

Dorchadas, male and female look very different, so yes, you can upload both. Although I will ask to make the beak and the claws of the female smoother, the contour is pixelated there right now.

• Dorchadas
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-01 03:09:10 — Link

I shall do that right now! I did it pretty quick, so it doesn't surprise me that much that there are issues... Thank you so much, Angel! I'll try to stop bothering you now. XD

If you wish to contact me, it's best to do do so through PM. I am extremely forgetful.

I am a breeder of ROCS!  If you need to buy or sell any, please feel free to contact me! Also, I run a roc breeding group. If you're interested, check it out! The first 10 members are entered into a contest!

• MagicDragon
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-04 05:08:35 — Link

ok how are these two?? dragon is brass? and the unicorn black frame Overo?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-04-04 17:58:32 — Link

MagicDragon, both are ok, I don't see any issues with them :)

• tapeio3
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-10 04:04:19 — Link

Really sorry if this was already answered, but if I make a skin, can I use it on a creature without the rainbow jar? Thanks for clearing up the confusion :)

Hi, I'm new! Could anyone help me figure out the whole 'Skins' thing? What program(s) should I use if I were to make one? Thanks!

-tapeio3

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-04-10 18:17:16 — Link

tapeio3, no, any custom skin requires a Rainbow Jar to be used.

• Alexei
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-17 05:02:53 — Link

made a unicorn skin - still waiting on approval - wondering if perhaps there's something wrong with it ?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-04-17 15:30:48 — Link

Alexei, the black outline along with relistic type of shading looks strange. I'd suggest to color the lines (like, for example, in this tutorial).

• Vythalax
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-18 00:49:34 — Link

I've tried to make a skin, but to me it looks like is not quite good enough, any tips if is not good enough? And I'm very new to this so is actually limited what I can do right now, this is the first time I've really tired doing something like this instead of just messing around.

I know there's white shadow around the feet but that's because is a screenshot where I've tried to make the background transparent. Youwon't believe how long it took me to insert the image into this post.

• Alexei
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-18 05:29:21 — Link

tweaked it a bit. (hm. still showing up on the forum as the old one though >:\ )

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-04-18 05:57:34 — Link

Alexei, this one is better :)

If you see old images, please try clearing browser cache (Ctrl+F5 in major browsers), most likely the old image is simply cached.

• Brumby
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-18 15:46:43 — Link

This guy has been sitting unapproved since the 8th. Any idea why he wasn't accepted?

« Prev | 1 2 ... 6 7 8 ... 36 37 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla