Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper News #59

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-08-17 00:07:00 — Link

"Defect Demonstrations" Event Result

Both causes have drawn the attention of the Beastlords resulting in a slightly bigger support for the research of the Neuology Department. The hospital is very grateful to all Beastlords who were so kind to send their pets to help with the research. 

196 Gryphons and 158 Lykoses have participated in the challenge. Gryphons have won the competiton and will get a 50% discount for genetics research for the next 7 days.

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-08-31 01:57:06 — Link

Will we be getting another news update soon to let us users know what's going on? It's been two weeks now without any official word here in the News & Announcements, and this last update was just the event results. I was hoping something would be posted today at the day change but, with it being almost 2 hours past that, I'm a bit disappointed.

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2015-09-01 00:26:10 — Link

I hope the absence of the little events and exhibitions means there's a major event or game update in the works.

Breeder of trash deviants

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-09-01 00:34:33 — Link

Lytala, do you follow Angel's deviantart? Nightingale linked me the other day and it seems Angel is working on something big that involves "art for a procedurally generated isometric explore game." While we haven't had an official announcement for it I've gotten my hopes up that the explore system will be getting some major updates in the future.

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2015-09-01 02:55:49 — Link

I had no idea Angel was on there until you said so. Judging by the art request the revamped islands should be amazing even if it's only a visual change but some of the requested objects sound like there'll be additional features as well.

Breeder of trash deviants

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-09-01 17:05:50 — Link

I'm excited about what it could mean. I guess now everyone who doesn't follow Angel on DA will know now something is being schemed (totally the correct use of that word) :P Oh boy. 

Whatever it is, I'm excited!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• SeverinDragonaz
  • User

Posted at 2015-09-02 01:18:14 — Link

It looks really promissing, now I am exited too!

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-09-07 00:17:14 — Link

-eyes widen- oooo! Prettier islands? This sounds amazing! I wonder what the pets will look like!

Angel should do a better job at hiding her scheming :P

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-09-07 00:23:38 — Link

Another week without an update or any news for us users, or is it just delayed?

Don't keep us in the dark Angel!

• Sakreeno
  • User

Posted at 2015-09-07 05:04:17 — Link

This is pretty sad. I have been pateint but, 2 WEEKS?! Oh well... I'll wait another two weeks if I have to...

Starclan is watching over you.

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-09-07 05:16:30 — Link

It's been 3 weeks, not two, since we didn't get one on 8/23, 8/30, and now 9/6. But, well, I suppose it could be considered two if we get a News post in the middle of the week but typically they come on Sunday at the day/week change. Since they're usually a week apart it could be considered 2 weeks past when it's due... so hm, maybe there are different ways of looking at it.

From what I heard from my mysterious source (totally not Nightingale) Angel has been busy offline in the real world so all we can do here is be patient and wait. 

• Sakreeno
  • User

Posted at 2015-09-07 05:24:01 — Link

I wasn't thinking. You're right. Its been 3 weeks.

Starclan is watching over you.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-09-09 15:56:50 — Link

Mroww, yes. Angel said she was mobile all last week here

I was out the last four days hiking part of the Appalacian Trail. Seems to be a busy week! 

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-09-09 21:28:18 — Link

I apologize for silence. Nightingale and Sylviianel are correct, I was very busy / away for some time and couldn't work on anything that involves code changes. But of course, I didn't forget about BK, and was working on concepts when I had a chance :)

As for events, we're planning to launch a Kami event starting next week. There may be a delay for 1-2 days if we won't manage to code and draw everything by the Sunday, but it's coming soon in any case.

As for the thread that I posted on DA, I think I need to clarify what is going on. We want to make procedurally generated isometric explore with a strong social part. We also want to add a lot of new things and rework some of the other concepts. But, unfortunately, the current BeastKeeper won't handle this. It's our first project, and it's made using technologies that are outdated by now, making every update a pain with a lot of crutches in code, and making complex updates impossible. We also earned a lot of invaluable experience (thanks to our players!) concerning the development of the game world through time, and we would like to create a more dynamical and evolving system which is impossible with the current architecture of the game. So we're basically working on BeastKeeper 2. At the moment we're at the the very early stage: the full concept still isn't ready, but we already working on the artworks and we've made a full research of the new technologies and chosen which ones we will be using to realize all the new features, so we're also studying new languages and frameworks.

This project is a long run, our estimates is one year to alpha version. As soon as the concept will be ready and we'll have some assets to show and progress to report, we'll start an account in a social network to share our progress with the community and to get the feedback on the new features.

• Liandralithe
  • User

Posted at 2015-09-09 23:38:44 — Link

oooh, Kami event :D

Thats exciting

Always looking for the following: Mutagen, Change Sex Scrolls, Rainbow Jars

I need: 2 Money Tree Saplings; 3 Nightcat; 1 Warehouse (lvl 6)

I have: 1 Spirit in a Jar; 1 Snake Eye

Have Ice Breath + Ice Aura Lykos and Lightning Rocs for Sale

« Prev | 1 2 3 4 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla