Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper News #59

Boards

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-09-09 23:58:18 — Link

*Twitch* A Kami event!!! Oh boy... Do I need to make some room in my stable or soemthing??? 

Oh goodness, a Beastkeeper 2!? That sounds very intriguing. Will this be in line with the current Beastkeeper? In the sense that can we import our current accounts and everything on them to the new Beastkeeper? 

If you need any help testing please let me know.I enjoy testing new sites, and you know I'm commited! :)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• SiberianWhite
  • User

Posted at 2015-09-10 02:05:21 — Link

Cool! I can finally get a shot at getting a Kami!

방탄소년단 ::起承转结

• jagermeister
  • User

Posted at 2015-09-10 02:21:32 — Link

Angel (#3) wrote:

I apologize for silence. Nightingale and Sylviianel are correct, I was very busy / away for some time and couldn't work on anything that involves code changes. But of course, I didn't forget about BK, and was working on concepts when I had a chance :)

As for events, we're planning to launch a Kami event starting next week. There may be a delay for 1-2 days if we won't manage to code and draw everything by the Sunday, but it's coming soon in any case.

As for the thread that I posted on DA, I think I need to clarify what is going on. We want to make procedurally generated isometric explore with a strong social part. We also want to add a lot of new things and rework some of the other concepts. But, unfortunately, the current BeastKeeper won't handle this. It's our first project, and it's made using technologies that are outdated by now, making every update a pain with a lot of crutches in code, and making complex updates impossible. We also earned a lot of invaluable experience (thanks to our players!) concerning the development of the game world through time, and we would like to create a more dynamical and evolving system which is impossible with the current architecture of the game. So we're basically working on BeastKeeper 2. At the moment we're at the the very early stage: the full concept still isn't ready, but we already working on the artworks and we've made a full research of the new technologies and chosen which ones we will be using to realize all the new features, so we're also studying new languages and frameworks.

This project is a long run, our estimates is one year to alpha version. As soon as the concept will be ready and we'll have some assets to show and progress to report, we'll start an account in a social network to share our progress with the community and to get the feedback on the new features.

"working on beastkeeper 2" means when it launched, beastkeeper "1" closes and all of the pets items building titles ect. lost with with it?

"Tyger Tyger burning bright, 
In the forests of the night: 
What immortal hand or eye,
Dare frame thy fearful symmetry?"

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-09-10 02:35:49 — Link

No, current BK won't close with the launch of a new version. The concepts of both games are quite different, only the world is the same. Of course, players of the current BK will be able to get some initial boost and reserve their usernames, but not actually merge the accounts and transfer all the pets, buildings etc. We want to make a different game, so the plain transfer will be impossible. Some concepts will stay, but some will change.

We'll invite our current players to test the new game for sure :) But there's still a long time before there will be something to test.

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-09-10 02:48:52 — Link

This is so cool! I'm glad this information is being shared with us in advance and I know that, when the time comes for testing to begin, I would love to take part in it.

The new Kami coming out soon is also great but I'm not nearly as excited for that as I am for BK². If the original BK will still be running when the game is released is there an idea for the new web domain?

• Sakreeno
  • User

Posted at 2015-09-10 08:01:57 — Link

Thanks, Angel!!! So exited about the Kami event and Beastkeeper 2!!!!!!!!!

Starclan is watching over you.

• Lorry14
  • User

Posted at 2015-09-10 10:26:48 — Link

Does that mean that we will lose our pets ?

Adopt one today!Lorry14Adopt one today!

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-09-10 11:31:10 — Link

"No, current BK won't close with the launch of a new version." - Angel
Lorry14, it's my understanding that this version of BK will be untouched by this whole project. The BK world will transer over into the story of the new one but it will mostly feature entirely new mechanics. I could be wrong but I think this BK will stay as it is (or as it will be come a year or so from now then BK²'s alpha version comes out) while the second version is essentially a whole other game, with its own website, that we'd be starting as new users in (should we decide to join there).

• Amnaa
  • User

Posted at 2015-09-10 12:01:58 — Link

Although the BK2 will be much more amazing (I do believe that), I still must say, that I'm unhappy about changing sites/creating new profiles. Somebody might like to start anew, but I'm very concerned about loosing my pets. It even demotivates me a little bit to work on my breeding programs knowing, that I'll leave it and start a new game. It would be really cool if there was a way to "transfer the data" of the users or something similar.

• wolfspirit
  • User

Posted at 2015-09-10 12:02:52 — Link

Can't wait for the Kami Event!!

This BK2 thing sounds great!! ....a lot of hard work for you guys...but well worth it in the long run ^_^ Good luck with everything!

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-09-10 13:25:49 — Link

Sylviianel is completely right. This will be another game with no interactions with the current BK.

Amnaa, there will be almost nothing to transfer from this game to the new one. Gameplay will be different, mechanics will be different, manor and pets will be different. For example, pets won't have stats but will have something like perks / skills / individual traits that pets here don't have. The breeding system will be completely different as well. And the same will be literally for everything. If the transfer would be possible, we would just recode this BK saving all the database entries.

We just want to show our appreciation to our players by letting them to get something special and some bonuses at the start of the new game if they decide to try it.

You will be able to continue playing this BK as usual, the release of another game won't affect the current game in any way.

• Lorry14
  • User

Posted at 2015-09-10 14:04:58 — Link

Glad to hear that so we can keep working on our projects,also I can't wait for the Kami event. :D

Adopt one today!Lorry14Adopt one today!

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-09-10 15:33:33 — Link

Mroww, the cat is out of the bag now! 

This so exciting, it really is. I'm glad the old Beastkeeper will remain, I've worked hard to collect all that I have and will continue to be here even with the new site. I am super excited about a new Beastkeeper though. I am so in :D

Will it still be called Beastkeeper or will it have a different name to avoid confusion? Eep, I'm so exited!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Lytala
  • User

Posted at 2015-09-10 16:25:36 — Link

Once BK2 starts up I hope that any events are staggered so that players of both games (particularly those with limited time available) don't have to choose which event to concentrate on.

Breeder of trash deviants

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-09-10 17:15:29 — Link

We understand that players have put a lot of time and efforts into building their projects here, that's why we don't want to close this game.

We didn't think on the name yet. Probably it will be called differently to clearly distinct two games and, of course, to get a new domain.

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla