Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper News #55

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-07-20 00:00:40 — Link

Hopper Raffle is over!

The winner is henley421 (#2394) who bought 38 raffle tickets. Congratulations! The prize is a Lilac Hopper Kami.

Registration for the next exhibition is open!

The theme of this week's exhibition is "Summer Harvest". All pets are allowed to participate in this exhibition. The main criterias are the amount of food collected and the number of specific monsters killed (Cygnons, Emelacerases and Cryptomorphs) during the week when the exhibition is running. You will find complete exhibition rules on the exhibition page.

It is time to collect the first summer harvest. Send your pets to explore the islands and collect as much food as you can! And don't forget to destroy the pests - Cygnons who love to eat the ripe fruits, Emelacerases that trample down the fields, and Cryptomorphs that like to hide in the haystacks and attack the farmers.

Participate in Exhibition

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-20 00:44:35 — Link

Grats to the winner!

Was this raffle a test run? Will there be more in the future?

Do the guardian versions also count towards the score?

My Seekers may be able to stay in top five in this exhibitation if I remember to explore them. That's good, I really want a spotted dragon deviant and my pairs keep giving me white deviant.

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-20 01:17:24 — Link

Post number 3000 in the News forums, awesome!

Ahem, now that that's out of the way, congrats henley421! While I would have been happier as the winner I'm glad to see the prize go to someone who didn't shell out an ungodly amount of silver for tickets.

• AneniRane
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-20 01:24:18 — Link

The rules for me at least say "Only Symurghs are allowed to participate in this exhibiton."

When I go to enter my beasts, it shows all of my beasts instead of just Symurghs. Is this just because that bit in the rules is a leftover from the old exhibition? I keep seeing other people using beasts besides Symurghs and I'm confused...

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-20 01:43:43 — Link

AneniRane, it looks ike you can enter more than just Symurghs. There is already an impressive diversity of species entered. Im surpirzed that theres two hoppers high in the ranks. The only thing my hopper wins at is looking pretty. xD

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• SeverinDragonaz
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-20 02:06:54 — Link

Congrats to the winner :)

• Vythalax
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-20 02:18:18 — Link

Congrats to the winner.

Also why does all my best explorer and fightes get 0 points despite having collect lots of food and battled many mosnters?

• Sumatra_Echo
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-20 02:45:52 — Link

Vythalax, it appears that explores only count during this week, not past explores. I personally like this idea as it puts everyone on closer footing. 

What I want to know: what are Emelacerases? I don't see that in the codex, but I assume they're the rhino-like things?

Edit: Oh, never mind, I see them on the exhibition page. 

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-20 03:06:32 — Link

Yeah, the exhibition page does show them, which is nice, but once again the issue of an incomplete codex is brought up. Will it ever be updated and why has it been delayed this long?

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-20 03:29:39 — Link

Hmm, neat premises, with only counting this week's score, too bad I stopped exploring :p, might try exploring again to see where I'll end up though.

My Pet Sales page --

Currently have 3 extra Blueprint: Military Academy level 3

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-20 06:58:51 — Link

Here's some tips for anyone who's interested in some exploring advice. Of course this is based on my own experiences and opinions, so other people may think differently on some parts of this, and others will already know all of this, but yeah. Hope this helps!

• First off, you want to explore with high level pets. Pets with higher levels get to explore bigger islands and so they encounter more monsters and come across 2 food fields per island.

• To make the most of your pet's energy explore at 5 energy, not 6. If you explore at 5 energy you have one remaining, which is the same as if you explore at 6, so it's good to take advantage of that as it saves you an hour of energy regen time.

• Having a supply of bandages means you can heal one energy per island if you lose a battle. You should explore with pets who can hold their own in a fight but bandages are good to have just in case to help preserve your energy for more explores. Also remember that if you take on a guardian temple and lose you won't be able to use a bandage to restore that energy.

• Related to bringing pets who can fight, I personally explore with Symurghs because of their Regeneration. Being able to heal while battling helps out a lot and can make or break the fight, often helping you to win and stay on the island longer. Other species have Regeneration too so perhaps you may want to try them out.

• While Lykos don't have Regeneration they do have the Tireless Heart gene which means they can have a max energy cap of 15. At full energy they get an extra explore that most other pets don't have and those extra explores could come in handy in harvesting food from the islands during this exhibition.

• Make use of your Sanctuary if you have it! Once a day you can use this building on one pet to get its full energy back. Also, having a Travelling Magician in your Inn helps while exploring as the fog of war is cleared, making it so that you can see the whole island.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-07-20 08:35:30 — Link

Sorry for the typo in rules on the exhibition page. Surely, all pets are allowed, not only Symurghs.

Yes, we plan to have more raffles! The first one was a great experience :)

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-20 09:15:56 — Link

...oh come on i went from 1mill to 700k because i bought 510 tickets... _@

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-20 10:36:12 — Link

@Sylviianel-- you also forgot to mention knowing the location and what can be found in each; for example, if I remember correctly, the 3 enemies can only be found in 3 biotrophs, so if you're exploring in one none appear at, you're losing out on some points :P

@NightbaneWolf, ouch, used up 510 and didn't get anything.

Anyways, I'm surpised there aren't any (or much) harvester/scout Thordamas in the top rankings, those guys seem like they'd be pretty useful in this exhibition.

My Pet Sales page --

Currently have 3 extra Blueprint: Military Academy level 3

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• Liandralithe
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-20 20:27:24 — Link

I am really happy about this exhibition because its not just the old players or players who already happened to have the very specific pet type necessary for the exhibition who are winning. The top leads can and will most likely be changing very often till the very end...

On the other hand, I will not be winning this exhibition because exploring is boring >.>

Good luck to the contestants :D

Always looking for the following: Mutagen, Change Sex Scrolls, Rainbow Jars

I need: 2 Money Tree Saplings; 3 Nightcat; 1 Warehouse (lvl 6)

I have: 1 Spirit in a Jar; 1 Snake Eye

Have Ice Breath + Ice Aura Lykos and Lightning Rocs for Sale

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla