• Lorry14
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-20 21:47:00 — Link

Why is the score decreasing ?

Adopt one today!Lorry14Adopt one today!

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-20 21:48:24 — Link

I know a lot of people who think that way about exploring Liandralithe; the current explore system being viewed as boring and tedious is pretty common unfortunately, and I don't see how that can be remedied for the users who think this way without a complete overhaul of how BK's explore works.

I personally enjoy it, which may be why I placed in the last 2 exploring exhibitions as well as holding a position in this one. I don't like how slow it runs sometimes but it's something to do that also provides the oppurtunity of finding items such as Magic Food, Mutagen, Rainbow Jars, etc without having to pay gold in the Premium Shop or buy them from the item auctions.

If possible in the future I would completely support a more immersive exploring experience but I wouldn't want that to be prioritized over other updates and new features as what we have now works.

• Sillvog
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-20 21:55:02 — Link

Lorry14 (#15364) wrote:

Why is the score decreasing ?

I noticed mine did the same thing. I had a pet that was in the 140's points and it droped to about 80's. I was wandering if I was doing something that took away my points withought knowing it.

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-20 22:06:10 — Link

This happens in all exhibitions. I'm not sure what factor of the other player's entries is causing the decrease this time but it's like how in the deviant exhibitions a certain skin loses value the more it is used.

• lamel
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-20 23:45:44 — Link

and as every time it is annoying and confusing.

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-21 03:00:46 — Link

An exert from 'How points are calculated': Parameters of participating pets are compared gradually. -- This should tell you why. Anyways, you really should read that before putting beasts in, as it could make or break your chances.

My Pet Sales page --

Currently have 3 extra Blueprint: Military Academy level 3

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• Vythalax
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-21 04:32:05 — Link

I noticed that too since my dragons have fewer points now, is like that at every exibition though if I remeber right.

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-21 05:23:12 — Link

I understand that the score is scored gradually but what exactly does that mean? I'm a little confused right now after exploring with my Symurgh Raran to get food and fight the pests and I ended up losing points from it. It would help if the part on how points are calculated was stated more clearly in a way that's easy to understand.

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-21 07:16:34 — Link

I feel the same way, but from my understanding, the points are valued depending on how much of something is entered/done/etc.

Another exert from 'How points are calcualted: For example, the highest number of monsters killed is 200, and your pet has 10 kills. 200 kills is taken as a base and scores 100 points. Your pet will get (10 / 200 * 100) = 5 points.

So as there are more monsters, maybe of that type/species, are killed, the base score would gradually lower, due to all the players competing.

My Pet Sales page --

Currently have 3 extra Blueprint: Military Academy level 3

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

• NightbaneWolf
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-21 09:56:58 — Link

#NotExploring

lol...

Exploring is way better if you have a good GP3 pet with acute eyesight, i find that gene makes exploring more bearable...considering if you are someone who wants to 'see more' when exploring but not 'too much'

personally i don't using the travelling magician because i feel its 'overwhelming' with the big bunch of...stuff I can suddenly see...

so...

#AcuteEyesightAllTheWay

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7942

Psst hey, i'm hosting an art contest where you can win a Premium Membership from

• Lorry14
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-21 12:27:10 — Link

Well for me this calculation system is announg.We keep collecting a lot of food and fighting a lot of monsters and we get only3-5 points and also the score keeps drastically decreasing.In this rhythm we'll lose all our points,I don't know about you,but I find this system a bit unfair.

Adopt one today!Lorry14Adopt one today!

• Hexa
  • User

Posted at 2015-07-21 14:34:02 — Link

I'm a very new player here but i would say: dont look at the points (they are only a little help); look at your position :)

I really like the calculation system because it keeps the data for the points of every pet low. 

Think on it: would you like to compare millions of points or only the max available of 1500 total + 10% from same pets?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2015-07-21 19:08:10 — Link

The calculation system provides exactly the same ranking position that absolute values would. It's used to avoid the large numbers  and simplify the perception of the current player's rank. Just like Hexa said.

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla