Boards < General < News & Announcements < BeastKeeper News #34

Boards

• emeraldwolfgirl
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-13 17:38:31 — Link

I agree with griffin rider the old Pumas seemed slightly majestic these look slightly startled and in need of small feet

Don't worry about failures, worry about what you miss when you don't try.

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-13 22:54:49 — Link

I know that what is shown are the new bases, im not that stupid. Some of the deviant colors have been added into the coding er whatever it is, so far the black stripe is my favorite.

http://beastkeeper.com/resources/pets/cat/a2_b1_p10.png

So beautiful, I must get some breeding stock.

If I am not allowed to give peeks to others about new colors then my post can be deleted.

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Nemhain_PL
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-14 13:35:44 — Link

Puma is cool, but... these eyes are awful.

• PortysPride
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-14 14:18:39 — Link

oh wow I didnt know theyve been added into coding..oh so beautiful!! oh I cannot wait!

uh I love the red spotted one :O

oh and I absolutely ADORE the white ones!! all of em! oh so gorgeous! btw I can only see the ones deviant in color..can you see pattern or doubles? 

oj and the grays! damn it cannot wait to own some! :D only ones nott too fond of are the yellows..

Hey guys! So I decided to use the signature to help me complete my deviant collection!!!

So these are the deviants Im missing and looking for:

Unicorns - Rocs - Dragons - Pumas

Color Devs:

Black Kite, Black, Cold Gray, Black Bicolor, Brown Bicolor, Gray,  Piebald White, White, Spotted White, Sky-blue, Light-green, Spotted Green, Black, Spotted Black, Silver, Spotted Red, Piebald Silver, Cloudy Leopard, Gray, Silver, Gray Siamese, Pure Black, Blue, Cream, Siamese, Apricot, Pastel Siamese, Lilac, Snow Leopard, Dilute White, White Siamese

Pattern Devs:

Black Bicolor, Montagus Harrier, Gray, White Gryphalcon, White, Dilute White, Striped Blue, Blue, Sky-blue, Spotted Blue, Striped Green, Black, Silver, Spotted Black,  Red, Piebald Red, Striped Silver, Silver, Piebald Silver, Spotted SilverGray Tiger, Cloudy Leopard, Silver, Blue, Red Leopard, Siamese, Yellow Tiger, Leopard, Apricot, Brown Tiger, Brown Cloudy Leopard, Brown, White Tiger, White, Dilute White, White Siamese

• horsedolphin
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-14 22:48:24 — Link

The eyes and feet definitely need to be changed, but other than that I really like the new puma base!

• lurhstaap
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-16 08:52:31 — Link

Am I the only one bothered by the muzzle/jaw/face in general? Not the eye (which IMO is a huge improvement on the weird unnaturally squinty old one and looks startled only by comparison to the old). The face. It was the thing that bugged me most about old pumas and it still isn't much better in new pumas. They just look way too... I dunno, narrow, to me. Big cats (including simply "large" cats like pumas) have broad, heavy faces, not a narrow squishy thing like that. Actually no animal I can think of looks like that. If you were going for something distinctly non-feline, that's all well and good, but if you want it to look like a cat, that still needs editing. The rest is much improved though I do agree the toes might be a bit longer. Still I don't think the paws are as small as some are saying.

Also FWIW I never took the puma as meant to be an actual Earth puma but rather a pseudofeline species. So I assumed the long neck was intentional. If not that should be fixed as well.

• Rodwena
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-17 00:36:47 — Link

I agree about the eyes. The colours are really pretty, but the eyes look super creepy.

• slayingallhumans
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-17 00:38:41 — Link

Guys i need an answer really fast. 

Can a pet with a recessive Fertility gene, still have the chance to produce twins, or does it need to be dominant for it to work?

• Aelisk
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-17 00:48:15 — Link

@slayingallhumans - It has to be dominant, and female. 

Rocs: Garuda: Wing and Strike
Cockatrices: Hydralisk
Throdamas: Swarm

Lykos: Fenrir
Symurghs: Primavera
Dragons: Python

Recent progress: Project Perfect

• slayingallhumans
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-17 00:50:42 — Link

@ Aelisk

Thank you ^_^

• Argy717
  • User

Posted at 2015-02-17 05:22:58 — Link

So excited for the new deviants.

~Stars are only visible in Darkness~

• cupcakegirl2003
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-04 23:40:09 — Link

the new pumas are ugly no affence. Why couldn't we just keep the old ones. I got rid of all my pumas and to think i use to like them as my favs. Lots of people are upset with the new change

yuck!

• cupcakegirl2003
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-06 03:16:17 — Link

wow every one is getting rid of pumas!!!!!!!! Their every where, there are tons in the pound, people are selling them like crazy...........................can someone fix the new update? If you are i give you my thanks............................................................(don't mean to be rude with the stuff) plz change the pumas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have already recieved a warning. Please no multiple posts in a row. Failure to do so will result in another warning. Please edit your old post. 

Also, please take a peek at the forum rules: http://beastkeeper.com/thread/250

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-03-06 04:25:45 — Link

@cupcakegirl2003 :: If you don't mean to be rude I suggest you edit your posts and use more polite wording. For example, calling the new Pumas "ugly" is uncalled for and provides no real feedback. It would be more productive to explain why you don't like them. What do you find so "ugly" about them? What changes would you suggest to make them better?

People are not getting rid of their Pumas due to the update; or, well, some people might but since the release of their Deviant skins they are in high demand and a lot of them are being bred. People are selling them because other people are buying them for their projects. Pumas are being released when they are not needed. I'm currently breeding, selling, and sending Pumas to the pound/portal. I'm not a huge fan of the new Pumas but they've grown on me.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-03-07 02:45:57 — Link

@Cupcakegirl2003

First, please do not make multiple posts in a row. Failure to do so in the future will result in a warning, which could result in a silence or ban. Please read the forum rules in regards to the kinda of language and conduct you should use on the forums. Chatspeak, begging, rudeness, and multiple posts in a row are not acceptable. 

Also, I do suggest that you re-word your post. It does sound a bit harsh as you do not provide any feedback or anything constructive. Sylviianel is correct here as well. If you do not mean to be rude then please, at least be constructive, or let us know what you do not like about the new skin. Simply saying it is "ugly" does not let anyone know what you do not like. 

The pumas were updated because the art was old and needed some anatomical changes. Angel is allowed to freely make these changes using her own judgement. If you feel that you do not like these changes, you are welcome to voice them, but please do so in a productive manner. It is highly unlikely that they will go back to looking how they used to. However, you are still allowed to submit and use skins using the old base. 

Sylviianel is also correct in saying that pumas are not being "gotten rid of", especially not for the update. They are being sold because they are in high demand right now. I myself am actually breeding and selling them now, where as I did not in the past. They are highly sought after right now. Just as lykos were when they were first released. 

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla