Boards < General < General Chat < Catchers and Expeditions Chat

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 | Next »

• SpaceShipRat
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-14 14:56:13 — Link

is THIS supposed to happen??

Your Bird Catcher tried to catch a Gryphon at the Big Field and ran away to save his life.

• somehow
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-14 16:02:09 — Link

That can happen. It usually means that the Gryphon has high status or that you were catching it in wrong month. Higher status are suppose to harder to catch. Month of Air and Month of Bird (?) makes the gryphon 20% harder to catch.

• RedMask
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-18 23:30:05 — Link

Recently, after a long while of no luck...

Your catcher saw how a Gryphon flew from the Creek to Old Ruins.
Your Bird catcher caught a Gryphon at the Old Ruins. See the pet.
Your catcher saw how a Gryphon flew from the Island to Waterfall.
Your Bird catcher caught a Gryphon at the Waterfall. See the pet.

Your catcher saw how a Dragon flew from the Cave to Eastern Fields.
Your Reptile catcher caught a Dragon at the Eastern Fields. See the pet.
Your catcher saw how a Gryphon flew from the Island to Waterfall.
Your catcher saw how a Unicorn came from the Magic Glade to Waterfall.
Your Mammal catcher was attacked by a Gryphon at the Waterfall. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
Your Mammal catcher caught a Unicorn at the Waterfall. See the pet.
Your catcher saw how a Gryphon flew from the Creek to Old Ruins.

Your catcher saw how a Unicorn came from the Big Field to Heart of the Forest.
Your Mammal catcher caught a Unicorn at the Heart of the Forest. See the pet.
There's no one at Big tree.
Your catcher saw how a Unicorn came from the Big Field to Creek.
Your Mammal catcher caught a Unicorn at the Creek. See the pet.

There were a few "multiples" of pets, so I spent the best part of the time walking around in circles, and misjudging their movements. Not to look down on victory, however!

I am excited to figure their genes, and have a geneticist in my inn waiting, smoothly. Funny how things just all come together sometimes. (I did not plan as such - on a whim...A few whims, giving that I have recently put all of my dragons up for adoption).

• SpaceShipRat
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-19 03:11:03 — Link

"failed to catch", ok, but that catcher was attacked  and CHASED by a beast of his type... Is that really supposed to be possible?

• Breedabie
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-01 23:01:07 — Link

Ok, I just managed to construct an Inn and use my Clairavoyant Invite for the first time. LOVE being able to see where pets are on the board! But here is something very strange; the Roc on my current map seems to have a different skin! Has anybody else ever seen this? Will this actually be the skin of the Roc if I catch it? I really hope so, because I love the outlines!

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-05-01 23:08:07 — Link

No :P I noticed that too but it is so cool

@ Redmask. I'm SO jealous of your gryphons...

How well have invites been working for all y'all? I used one to attract gryphons... AND NOTHING HAPPENED. No change in the map at all. What percentage does it happen at?

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Breedabie
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-01 23:18:44 — Link

Gosh, reading this thread and having the Clairavoyant Invite has made me realize I did not know how capturing wild pets worked at all! I didn't realize the pets hopped from location to location, going in a circular motion. So based on my last image post, did I put my catchers in the right spots?

• Breedabie
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-02 03:39:20 — Link

Hmmm.

Your catcher saw how a Unicorn came from the Magic Glade to Creek.
Your Bird catcher found Unicorn at the Creek. Fortunately, the animal didn't notice him.
There's no one at Waterfall.
Your catcher saw how a Cockatrice came from the Waterfall to Big Field.
Your Reptile catcher caught a Cockatrice at the Big Field. See the pet.

• somehow
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-02 06:33:55 — Link

@Nightingale

I think you need to wait 36(?) hrs from previous catch for gryphon show up.

Edit: I think that there is something wrong with invites. I should have dens filled wild pets since it has been at 12 hrs since the  Dryad came to inn...I will go post in problem if next cycle the wild pets don't fill up the dens.

@Breedabie

The order of watering point and hunting area can change before wild pet goes home. A good way to catch a wild pet is to keep a record of  previous locations. (Meanwhile the best way is to record where did the wild pet go when it left its den. That way you wouldn't need to try to catch it in den, where 20% stronger.) If I didn't know the two previous cycle, I would just avoid using my catcher. Or if you feel particular lucky, just stick any catcher (excluding the catcher that is weak in that particular in month) in the two water point since they have higher catching rate.

• Breedabie
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-02 07:09:47 — Link

@somehow

Oh boy. How do I know where each animal's "den" is?
Do the animals always alternate between a watering hole and every other location? So they will never go more than 1 turn away from water?

• somehow
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-02 14:36:44 — Link

@Breedabie

Sorry for late reply, but it was my last report before I went to sleep.  Anyway to answer question:

In each cyle, which lasts 4 hrs, a wild pet only moves in one location. There are two ways wild pet can move:

1.  Den>Water Point>Hunting Area>Den(again)
  2.  Den>Hunting Area>Water Point>Den(again) 

The first cycle is most likely to happen, but I wouldn't keep relying on it. Also the movement might change if there is more than one wild pets on your map. There is limit at which each places holds. Every place holds one wild pet with exception of two places, the Big Field and Waterall. (These locations, the Big Field and Waterall, hold two wild pets.) If there are more pets at that location's limit, the weaker of two pet will lose fight and head to its den regardless of cycle. Then the weaker pet will repeat the cycle...but it doesn't mean the same cycle.

To find the den of creatures, you can figure out by elminating certain places that you caught your pet in 36(?) hrs and  where current  pets are. The dens are separated by flying type and land type, which they are:

• Big Tree - only land animals
  • Magical Glade -  only land animals
  • Heart of Forest -   only land animals
  • Cave - need Climbing Gear to access, only flying animals
  • Old Ruin  - need Climbing Gear to access, only flying animals
  • Island -  need boat  to access, only flying animals

Unless you are great at remembering the previous catches in 36(?) hrs and have great deductive ability, I would think it would be better for you wait for cycle to see where its den is. I suppose it would easier to figure out one of pet if they were all same type, land animals or flying animal and you knew what the den of other two wild pets were.

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-02 18:44:38 — Link

Huh. Never much paid attention to the cave, ruins, and island being flying-only. I'm almost certain I had a puma nest up in the ruins once, but I'm looking through my records and I can't find any record of it *shrugs*.

Learn something new everyday.

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• somehow
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-02 19:19:58 — Link

Really? I never actually had any of the land animals up there..maybe, the type of situation is rare? I have only had Cartographers Guild for about a month and you did play a bit  longer than I did.

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-02 19:31:26 — Link

Yeah, since I've gotten the cartographer's guild I've only noticed it once out of this whole time. But so far, my hunting records for the past few weeks support what you're saying though.

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• Breedabie
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-02 19:46:09 — Link

@somehow Wow, that's very helpful! Thanks, guys!

Looks like I'm getting a bit better at this, and/or finally had some luck!

Your catcher saw how a Roc flew from the Cave to Waterfall.
Your Bird catcher caught a Roc at the Waterfall. See the pet.
Your catcher saw how a Puma came from the Heart of the Forest to Creek.
Your catcher saw how a Gryphon flew from the Old Ruins to Creek.
Your catcher saw how a Gryphon has got into a fight with a Puma.
A Puma has lost the battle and returned to lair.
Your Bird catcher caught a Gryphon at the Creek. See the pet.
Your catcher saw how a Unicorn came from the Creek to Western Fields.
Your Mammal catcher caught a Unicorn at the Western Fields. See the pet.

Puma is the only pet left, and it's now at the Heart of the Forest. Since it returned to its lair, that means HotF is its den, correct? I will wait at the waterfall for it. *Camps*

« Prev | 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla