Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Approved Suggestions < Item Swaps

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-04 05:30:20 — Link

I've seen this on other websites before and I think it could potentially be a good feature on this as well. The idea would be that a user would post an item that they are looking for, and then state what they would be willing to offer. For example, a person could offer a certain amount of clay, and request the same amount of wood, or they could offer a Warehouse Level 3 Blueprint for a Stable Level 3 Blueprint.
Another person willing to make the swap would just click a button that would say something along the lines of 'trade' or 'swap', and the two items would be exchanged.

I know there is a building on the island that uses this concept, but my idea is that this would be more all-encompassing. It would be possible for all inventory items: blueprints, invites, food, ect, and not just those that are used for construction of buildings.

Any thoughts on this idea? Would anyone other than myself potentially use this?

Since there have been just a few questions, I decided to make this just to show everyone exactly what I envisioned so we are all on the same page. :) For some reason, the picture isn't showing on my iPad, but will show on my pc. So sorry to those of you that have mobile devices that won't show it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-04 08:18:09 — Link

This is actually a really useful idea if people don't want to hassle with using the wanted ads or negotiating with the people in the sales threads. Quick, easy, and people get what they want. My only hesitation would be that there are already a number of sale tools at a player's disposal to use rather than coding an entirely new feature like this.

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 02:17:34 — Link

You make a valid point. I posted in a thread right before I created this about being able to sell and item back to the store. For me personally, if this was considered and added as well as the aforementioned idea, I wouldn't mind them doing away with the auction. Auctions can be a hassle, especially when the auction for the item you really need is ten days away with no auto bid, or a ridiculously high one.

I would much rather swap two blueprints than go to the auctions and attempt to locate one at a fair price, and then sell the blueprint I don't need. Of course, that's just my personal belief and opinion.

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 02:33:32 — Link

Shoot, it's possible that you could do a rework of the auction system to accomodate other types of currencies aside from silver - make the bidding still in silver - but perhaps give players the option to accept an item or a quantity of items as a buyout condition as well as the usual silver. Maybe something like that could work?

I hear you on the buyout thing - thankfully if I find or buy blueprints or items I simply don't need anymore I have a few friends I can toss them to or I hang onto them to make a newbie's day.

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-07 06:56:43 — Link

That's an interesting idea, but that might make the system overly complicated. I don't know though, as I have absolutely zero knowledge on programming.

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-03 20:05:34 — Link

bump

• Caleili
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-03 22:03:12 — Link

Supported, there's too many items in the auction, unless you sell your item(s) at rock bottom prices they never get sold!

• MishaBaby
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-09 16:34:25 — Link

So basically, a trade system between players for items other than currency? Seems legit - and useful. This would be a nice feature to have for those that wish to barter rather than buy. I would ask, though, how much yall think should be tradable at once. Should it be an total item count limit, or an item type limit?

Looking for Foundation Unicorns with no red stats.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I have a sale section. Take a look at my "Take Them Home" tab to see what I've currently got for sale. All pets, regardless of how many red stats, 1k minimum. All pets unresearched with no red stats 1.5K, +100 for each green stat (more for very rare stats). Fully researched 3.5k, +100 for each green stat (more for very rare stats). Prices above set minimums negotiable.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have many, many suggestions, and I'd love your feedback on them! Click   HERE    to check them out, and please comment. Thanks! Current number of suggestions in the thread: 10.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-05-11 04:56:23 — Link

I like this. It could be VERY useful for trading invitations.... I mostly only use Gryphon ones- so I like this :D

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• MintChip
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-11 09:01:56 — Link

I support the idea! I was thinking the same exact idea earlier when I was looking through item trades. I mean I have some useful items that would be better for swapping rather than auctioning. c:

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-14 09:12:07 — Link

Thanks for the support guys! :D
To answer your question MishaBaby, I don't really think a limit is required. Someone could offer to swap 100 units of clay for 100 units of wood, or they could swap 10 units of vermillion for 50 amethysts. It doesn't matter. The idea is that any user could set up a trade offering a certain amount of one item and requesting a certain amount of another. It doesn't matter if I'm looking for 100 units of wood or 1000. It just depends on the other players that may or may not accept my offer. Does that make sense.
I'll try to create a picture of what I'm envisioning, but it's late now so I'll have to do it tomorrow.

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-22 06:22:17 — Link

bump

• thestillpoint
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-22 18:59:17 — Link

Support, I think the BK economy really needs something like this.

• MollyOKami
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-26 03:17:05 — Link

Just as a minor tweak to your idea, I'd suggest something more along the idea of a trading post where you would offer something and add a message (where you could post what you're looking for or leave blank and let offers just flow).  People could then offer any item/quantity (and possibly currency as well) and you'd choose which offer is best.

Of course, you could prioritize what's in your message.  That way people who are not looking for anything in paicular could find the best offer. 

My Creatures

Creatures Up For Trade

Looking for "friends" for Pokémon X & Y and Animal Crossing: New Leaf

3DS Friend Code: 0361-7809-4176

• scmarshtacky
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-26 03:27:25 — Link

The only problem with that though, when you begin using more of an offering system, it becomes more like an auction with items. The person could say in a message, "Hey, I'd love some wood for my clay" and people would begin offering wood. If one person offered 50, and another 100, then obviously, you'd choose the person that offered 100. The point of this in my mind is to avoid the whole offering and waiting process, and trying to outdo the others before you. It would be an immediate click on a button and you have the times that you want.

You're idea isn't necessarily a bad one, but it's kind of turning back in the direction that I'm attempting to go away from with my idea.

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla