Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Misha's Ever-Growing Suggestion List

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• MishaBaby
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-09 16:14:09 — Link

Mk, so, there are a few things that I would be thrilled to see happen here, more to make life easier than anything else. Please let me know what you think, and if you have any ideas that might improve on the suggestions below.

1. Lower the price of schematics in the State Store. Seriously, who actually buys those?! Take a look at the item auctions, how much are they going for? Half? A fifth? A tenth? Usually even less. When the market by and large cannot support something that expensive, it is time to adjust prices. No sane merchant would keep the price of one of their items so ridiculously expensive that no one buys it - and I think many, many players would thank you for adjusting this, myself included.

2. An actual search mechanism for pet sales (in the pet sales section XD). I am fully aware that you can search for pets for sale using the Search feature, but it's not very helpful when you can't tell "for sale" pets from ones that aren't. This feature should integrated right into the pet sales section, as a means to filter results. If you've ever played Howrse, you know what I am envisioning here, but the basic structure for the search itself already exists here on the site, if that helps.

3. Pound papers. When you turn in a pet to The Pound, you give them the info on the pet. Pets retain their information about parentage and basic stat info, so why can't we see that before we adopt them? If I were a betting woman, I would say this is probably not currently possible with how The Pound is coded, but I am hoping that you may consider this for a future major feature upgrade. Lord knows it's needed. <3 {I've read somewhere that you don't want people to "shop" for pets in the Pound, and all I can say is I seriously hope this is not true. That is exactly what people do, and is the entire purpose of the Pound, whether you intended it to be or not: for people to pick through the abandoned pets someone else decided they did not want in the hopes that they might find something useful to their goals. And guess what? There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.}

4. Energy stuff. I am sure this has been said a million times, but it would be very nice if we had a way to replenish our pets' energy that did not require gold coins or weeks of work to get a building that only works for a single pet a day. Aside from just wanting to be able to play this awesome game more, it would really help us level our pets; it certainly does become a challenge in the higher levels, and we need all the help we can get. There are countless ways you could do this, but I am really hoping that somewhere along the line we get the ability to not only increase the max energy on our pets, but replenish it at will (with a bit of effort obviously).

5. Battle system tweak - challenger levels. Almost completely forgot this one. As it stands, right now anyone within 5 levels can challenge you (and you can challenge them) no matter what level you are. I think it would make more sense if it scaled a bit. It just seems odd to me that a level 2 pet should be shown potential opponents that are level 7. =| Also, and I'm not sure this is even possible to code, but it would be nice to take the skills of both parties into account when handing out exp for a win. If my wild-born pet beats a pet of equal or greater level who has better genetics, that's a greater feat that if she had beaten a pet who was her equal. Likewise, if a pet with GP beats her, it's less of a feat than if a wild-born pet did because they are stronger by default. Just a thought.

6. Another edit to add: Don't remove the ability to see pets' lineages from non-subscribed users. I just saw in the premium shop a scroll for a 1-month sub. At the very bottom, it stated that normal users won't be able to see the full lineage of their pets. Please do not go through with this. It's horribly unfair, especially for something that seems like it should be a very basic facet of this game. Many people do not have the option to donate, either because of age or finances, and you will alienate a great number of y our potential future players by going ahead with this. Please reconsider.

7. Another edit: Countdown timers on the quest page. It says quests take 4 hours. It would be nice if a timer displayed next to the pet's name when they were on a quest so we could tell at a glance when they would be expected home. This is especially helpful in the event that several pets are sent on quests at different times, since many quests require specific stats and pets may need to be leveled or even purchased before they are able to begin.

8. I had another suggestion here because I did not know that used schemes "fade out" (disappear) when you use them until you can actually build them again (specifically, golems). Therefor, this suggestion is moot now. XD I shall replace it with this: Could we please see the rarity ratings on the coats? In the Help section, I mean. Perhaps the easiest way to do this would be to put the percentage (of animals currently on the site that have that particular color pattern) under the name of the coat. I am sure I'm not the only one who is curious what colors are actually rare, and which are simply hoarded and therefor only seem rare. lol

9. Aaand another edit: The My Trades section should show items we have sold as well as items we have purchsed. That would come in handy for keeping track of our auctions, especially when we have several going on at once. ^.^

10. Moar edits: The Amnesia Potion. This should eiher be phased out completely (with the option to rename your pets added as basic functionatily of the game, accessable via the same "rename" button that exists on all pets at first) or be sold cheaply in the State Store. Preferrably, and ideally, it should be the former. There is no good reason to have these potions available solely for gold coins, now or ever. I do not understand why we should have to pay at all to rename our pets, but if you simply insist we must, please at least make it reasonable? The current system is anything but. =(

There are other things, like more detailed and extensive FAQ/help files and whatnots, but I know these are a work in progress as we speak so I am leaving those out of this post for the moment. Nothing posted here is really game breaking. It's all just upgrades that I am hoping are eventually considered. I don't even expect them to get a serious look right now, since there are other things that likely need more immediate attention. I just wanted to get these ideas out there, just in case I'm not the only one wishing for some of these things. Sorry for the length, thanks for reading, and yall have a great day! ^.^ <3

Looking for Foundation Unicorns with no red stats.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, I have a sale section. Take a look at my "Take Them Home" tab to see what I've currently got for sale. All pets, regardless of how many red stats, 1k minimum. All pets unresearched with no red stats 1.5K, +100 for each green stat (more for very rare stats). Fully researched 3.5k, +100 for each green stat (more for very rare stats). Prices above set minimums negotiable.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have many, many suggestions, and I'd love your feedback on them! Click   HERE    to check them out, and please comment. Thanks! Current number of suggestions in the thread: 10.

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-21 19:53:01 — Link

1. Imo, not really necessary, but yeah, they are quite a bit too high considering what they go for in player trades.

2. This confuses me? There is just such a thing.. If you go to pet trades you have a "Search" field underneath the picture of the green sales lady (elf?). If you expand that via the green plus sign, you get to search for all sorts of things and only among pet sales... Same thing with pet breeding by the way. 

3. I would support this but I honestly don't think it's gonna happen.

4. I would like to be able to raise the max energy of pets. I saw how nice that was with the Rocs when they won that event a while ago. 15 energy instead of 10 was incredibly nice. However, it really should not be easy to get this. I don't know, maybe some special quest each pet could embark? Maybe each pet's quest would take a whole day and require a certain amount of (random?) materials? And this would then raise max energy by one point. For each pet you could do this up to 5 times.

5. I do believe that this needs tweaking. I don't think however it should be as complex as you suggest, but for one thing, only pair up GP1 with GP1 and GP2 with GP2s etc, OR show at a glance what the other pet's stats are on the challenger's page, like when you hover over the pet's name, it could give a popup window just like during the battle. I hate having to click each pets name just to see what GP it is and if my weaker pets even have a remote chance of beating the opponent.

6. Hm, I don't know, this *could* be an issue, but theoretically, if you really wanted to know you could always click the parents, then on their page again the parents and from their pages yet again to the grandparents of your pet. It would be annoying and tedious but possible (unless one of the sires is in the state portal....) Perhaps there could be a different way to unlock the family tree for each pet though? A potion from the state store or (again) a quest? I don't know.. Mind you though, I don't think this game will be playable without a subscription anyway - I seriously can't see myself manually battling all my pets O_o

7. Yes, this would be lovely!

8. I'm assuming by now you saw that your golem schemes did come back after the golem collapsed. The reason why I don't think your suggestion is that great is because of the masses of schemes you already have.. I have all the buildings available except for Warehouse level 5 and all the small item schemes. This means I have 3 pages of blueprints and schemes at all times when I check my Crat & Construction tab. Your suggestion would make this list even bigger.. What WOULD be nice however, would be to only display craftable blueprints / schemes in the main section and to have a different tab that shows what you already built.

9. This would be quite useful I think, albeit not extremely important to me.

10. I don't know. I disapprove of people constantly renaming their pets. To me a pet is like a real life pet.. I wouldn't change their name all the time either. However, I would like the option to change a pet's name after it changes owner. If I adopt a (real) pet from the Pound theoretically I could get it used to a new name. Why not do that here?

Goodness, this is one long post now. O_o

• Calib
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-24 02:21:56 — Link

#6: Yes! If you're going to punish people for inbreeding within three generations at least the last three generations need to always show for all users. Without this a lot of people are going to have a hard time breeding once the site takes off.

A better perk for subscribers would be  the ability show stats on the lineage page as a quick view of a pet's family tree. Seeing just the red/green/black numbers as a fast rundown would be a wonderful help in finding pets carrying genes breeders may want.

8: I can see both sides on this. On one side the goldems produce a LOT of goods and if the schematics were multiple use this would mean unlimited stuff. On the other side, a single use does seem silly.

Using a schematic to teach skills to a pet would be great. If a pet who has never made that golem before wants to make that golem they would need to use new schematics to learn. There would also need to be a cooldown time between making golems of the same kind so the pet doesn't get "bored". Since making a golem ties up a pet, this keeps the flow of materials more fair. Pets could also forget schematics if they have not used the ability in a long time (like 4-6 real life months).

10. Agreed. I understand making people want to choose pet names carefully, but requiring a surprsingly large chunk of real life money to change a pet's name is borderline crazy.  Perhaps a "scroll" that legally changes the pet's name could be sold in the market instead?

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-05-25 06:43:11 — Link

1. Not super necessary at the moment, but this would be nice... Players and demand usually determine the price when the item can be obtained in another place.

2. I wish that when on a pets page that is in trades you could be linked to the actuall trade...

3. Whatever happens the pound needs to be reworked... Its very difficult to adopt pets because its literally by visuals and luck.. When you go to a real pound you at least get to see the pet and have a trial period. Perhaps allow us to pay a small fee to see the pet before hand or adopt it blindly for free. 

4. I dunno, I don't think I agree with this. People are already super far along in levelling their pets. When this site is released then I fear that it may make it a bit to easy for people to level their pets. Since there is a cap on levels and genetic power I feel that being able to do this quickly or easily may throw people off in the long run. I agree it is frustrating now, I haven't reached level 50 yet and I've been here for a very long time.. I do casual leveling really. I'm mostly a collector of Rare Gryphon genes.

5. I think re-working battling would be nice. I put up pets for automatic battling and higher level pets just decimate them making the amount of experience I gain not so great.

6. I saw this too and I agree that everyone should be able to see it. At least enough to avoid inbreeding.

7. It does on the pet's page itself.

8. Semantics on wording. I agree with Timain.

9. History would be nice. I'm forgetful

10. I hate the Amnesia Potion so much... It makes no sense.. It makes named pets fairly worthless or decreased in value upon re-selling. Especially if the pet has a name like "Trade" or some numbers... Make it as cheap as the Grey Jar... or give us a small fee to change it like they do on Aywas if we need to pay to change it.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• MishaBaby
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-25 16:56:03 — Link

@Nightengale: I wholeheartedly agree with you on that second point.

@Timain: I am going to assume not many people here play the game Howrse and are not familiar with their system, but it is hands down the absolute crème de la crème for breeding sites dealing with genetics that I have found, and I'll show you why. Take a look:

To see the picture full-size, click here. There is a great deal of information here, all of which could be translated into terms that would be useful for us. Obviously, that site has stuff we don't, but I'm putting this here as a visual referrence to give you the idea of what I'm thinking. This is basically what I am envisioning for this site. Being able to set the excellency/GP, genetic traits, even the color and number of remaining breedings as filters, in the auction interface to narrow the results of your auction search. No switching pages. No complicated searches that require digging to find out if what you're seeing the results is someone's pet or an actual acution. It's all right there. Perfection. I fully realize that this will take an unholy amount of coding. I further realize that this is not remotely a priority right now. This is merely a suggestion for what one person perceives as the perfect auction filter system, for whatever that is worth. Take a moment, if you will, to imagine being able to sort auctions by specific species, with that one specific gene you need for your breeding program, and I think you'll quickly see why I had to say this. XD

Yes, I have a sale section. Take a look at my "Take Them Home" tab to see what I've currently got for sale. All pets, regardless of how many red stats, 1k minimum. All pets unresearched with no red stats 1.5K, +100 for each green stat (more for very rare stats). Fully researched 3.5k, +100 for each green stat (more for very rare stats). Prices above set minimums negotiable.
I have many, many suggestions, and I'd love your feedback on them! Click   HERE    to check them out, and please comment. Thanks! Current number of suggestions in the thread: 10.

• stephofd
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-25 22:42:30 — Link

This is what the Pet Trades search looks like-

I went to "Pet Trades" and clicked on the button that I indicated in the picture, then I took this screenshot.

I'm not sure if you weren't aware of this function, or if there was something else you wanted added to it?

• MishaBaby
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-26 01:25:38 — Link

I <3 you... so hard right now... LOL!! I had never even noticed the plus sign. XD Dear God, this is going to make my life easier. Seriously. I could hug you right now.

EDIT: Upon examining it, yes, there are a few things I would add to it. Maybe a Yes/No/doesn't matter drop-down menu for Custom Coats. I don't know if you can even sell pregnant mares (haven't bred anything yet lol), but if you can, it would be nice to have a filter to search specifically for that or leave those out of the results. Oh! And some way to set it to show creatures of a certain generation (the obligatory "doesn't matter" option, then 1 being wild, 2, 3, and 4+ would work just splendidly). Just little stuff like that. It's very nearly perfect, though. ^.^

• Timain
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-26 02:24:59 — Link

*grins* I actually tried to make you aware of just that feature, too:

"2. This confuses me? There is just such a thing.. If you go to pet trades you have a "Search" field underneath the picture of the green sales lady (elf?). If you expand that via the green plus sign, you get to search for all sorts of things and only among pet sales... Same thing with pet breeding by the way. "

But of course taking a screenie to show it works even better, so thanks to stephofd for making my ramblings easier to understand ;D 

Anyway, I did play howrse for quite a while, and yes, the howrse search function beats this one by lengths. But the main feature is here and can always be expanded later. :)

• Calib
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-29 08:36:11 — Link

I'd like to see a sales history log as well. :)

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla