Boards < General < Creative < Art Contest: Help the Council to develop new Golems

Boards

• nepeta4132
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-02 00:36:23 — Link

i love the golems sif!!! :33

• RainbowCharizard
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-04 01:39:53 — Link

Whoa... most of the entries are pretty sweet! You guys draw so realisticly! (Is that even a word? XD)

Well.... my entry won't be nearly as good, but nonetheless I will try...

I'm doing a golem design right now....

• RainbowCharizard
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-04 02:09:51 — Link

Ugh... Horrible.. I know.......

I don't like how mine turned out....

Golem

Well.... I tried a shell golem.

EDIT: I'm working on the sunflower seed golem... and it looks much better than this XD

EDIT AGAIN: Here's the sunflower golem... a lion! The sunflower is supposed to be its mane. On its back, those spikes are the sunflower seeds.                                                        

(Bigger version here )

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-04-05 01:52:15 — Link

Laminaria Golem is added to the list, concerning the last update we need it too!

• Cruci
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-08 20:08:20 — Link

Vermillion/Ruby (whichever you prefer/fits better) golem:

• Imitatia

Posted at 2013-04-11 05:33:56 — Link

Can't wait for the vermillion golem to be decided. I really need it.

Hey everyone!

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-04-11 06:37:53 — Link

*ShadowClaw*, we need to wait up to the deadline, let's give a chance for the users who  have planned to submit their entries a bit later :) But I'm really happy to see that we have a lot of great entries already, thanks everyone!

• bellasara
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-11 09:06:15 — Link

im new to beastkeeper and how do you do the drawings do you do it on a paper or on the internet somewhere?

Posted at 2013-04-11 09:19:53

how do u do the art?

Bellasara

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-04-11 17:57:37 — Link

bellasara, please don't write several posts in a row, it's clutters up the forum.

You can create your artwork wherever you like and use any media, but before submission please make sure that it follows all of the contest rules which are listed in the first post of this thread. Live media will require basic digital processing at least to delete the background.

• Zoetrooper
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-13 22:05:11 — Link

I want to do a few more before the contest ends, but this is what I have for now. I was trying to make it not so grotesque but well... ehh. Seemed appropriate that a Rabbit Meat Golem be represented by a weasel.

Trading Thread
Art Trades

• Spottedstar
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-14 18:11:50 — Link

Here's my first entry - Quartz Cat Golem... It looks more like a plastic wrap golem...

I play CS and Alacrity and I am planning on joining Lioden.

I'm 28821 and 28829 on Alacrity; I would be thrilled if you put me as your referrer! Also, I am Warrior Cat Fanatic pn CS.

94% of people think that wolves are vicious, evil animals. Copy and paste this into your signature if you're one of the 6% who love wolves and think they are shy and amazing creatures.

• Azuria
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-17 22:06:52 — Link

i hope im not too late for these contest *-*  here is my Pork boar golem^^

um..i got problem to upload my picture here.. could annyone help me? :/

ok thanks ^^ i got it :D

F photo 2ab96921-d8cb-4a67-b180-b17d7271ab6e_zpse0a3423d.jpg

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-04-18 00:34:24 — Link

Azuria, please use some image hosting like tinypic.com, there's no possibility to upload images directly on our server.

• IsmaielDeath
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-20 16:27:17 — Link

I don't know if my drawing is good enough for the site... But at least I had fun (most of the time) and learned one two things while drawing this. But anyway here is my entry for the contest:

The Sunflowerseeds Mouse. I wanted to make it look like a striped field mouse but I think I didn't do very good.

I tried to make a Marble Stag before I did the mouse but it seems that I can't draw ungulates to save my live...so  should anyone like the idea of Marble Stags go for it! I'd love to see them onsite XD

Edit: Haha! Seems I forgot to draw my mouse a right hindleg the first time around.

• CDRCShepard
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-21 06:58:10 — Link

Hello! Decided I should finally start fiddling with adding to the contest.

There are a couple more i'm thinking of doing, but if not, I decided on a laminaria type golem. Originally was going to deal with a betta, but decided it better fit something that lived in the ocean alongside the actual laminaria. 

Sea Horse fit the bill. Was going to be a Sea Dragon but I didn't want to lose the detail confined into shrinking the image smaller due to billowing fins.

Runes are situated on the cheek. A little harder to see in "small" form.

Will update this particular post with others when I get to them.

Hopefully it links from my DA Stash, if not - i'll stick it up in my Photobucket.

Also, I nixxed the shadow as I can only assume this thing floats around with magical power. If I need to add a shadow, let me know and i'll do so! Thanks. :)

"I should go."

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla