Boards < General < Creative < Art Contest: Help the Council to develop new Golems

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 4 5 | Next »

• bobthedragon
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-21 09:19:29 — Link

okay, wanted to try out for this, since this ink golem wouldn't get out of my head >3<;;

not sure if it's okay that he has no real face, so lemme know if that's a problem? (also I only just now noticed that there are proper runes I could have been using. derpderp. lemme know if I should fix that too)

derp

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-04-21 17:48:32 — Link

Thanks for the new entries, these are fabulous artworks! :)

bobthedragon, your entry is totally fine, thanks :) The runes shouldn't look exactly like jewish "emet". I used random runes for the first golems too: magicians could be using different language and different concepts to animate the golems.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-23 06:26:44 — Link

Will this be sticking to the original deadline or will there be an extension? My tablet was killed by my cat and I just got a new one in the mail... I have to work the next three days though.

I have the lines very roughly done. Is this acceptable? If so I'll attempt to color it, but I'm not so good at that, I'm much better at traditional.

tortoise_zps61d3efd1.jpg

I think that Breedabie's may be better though. I really do want to try to submit my soapshroom tortoise though! I'll see what I can do in the meantime!

All of these are looking great!

@ bobthedragon- I LOVE that so much!!!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Gina
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-23 21:25:02 — Link

I was wondering which materials still missing entries :3 I just came back from a tip and I'm ready to start with my entries before the deadline! 

Check Out my Unis For Sale!GPed Unis, Counterstrike, Rare Colours & More!! 

I'm always buying Geneticist Invite

• IsmaielDeath
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-23 22:27:20 — Link

There are no entries for:

• Amethyst
  • Granite
  • Marble
  • Soybeans

All others have at least one entry.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-04-23 23:59:39 — Link

Nightingale, there are will be a deadline extension for the missing materials. On April 26th, we will realese the Golems which have entries that are meeting all the requirements and will be considered appropriate for the site.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-04-24 04:46:39 — Link

Hmmm what time on the 26th may I ask? Sorry to be so nitpicky!

@IsmaielDeath, I think that someone made an ore elephant...

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-04-24 16:52:09 — Link

The last day of the possible entry submisson is 25th. We need 1 day to choose the winners and introduce new Golems to the day, so they will be introduced on 26th, probably on our evening (GMT +3).

• Trask_Anda
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-25 05:57:38 — Link

Gee, even with my post update that's still three things missing. (I am still so tempted to post the shading variation of Adamantine... Can I do that? Should I? I just don't know...)

• Breedabie
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-26 06:39:08 — Link

Well, I was able to squeeze in a last minute entry to add to my post, but I could not for the life of me come up with something for the remaining materials. :/

• Applemint
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-26 10:25:44 — Link

Darn, I had a sunflower golem waiting to be shaded, and I find out the deadline has been reached. >_<  Would you still like to see it? I could post it here if people want me to...

• Piney
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-28 08:30:35 — Link

I wanted to enter before but I got busy. Anyway, here's a honey golem. :3

Edit: Amethyst golem!

• Breedabie
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-30 03:07:40 — Link

Whoops, should have checked this thread before I made my own golem. Oh well, the more the merrier!

Honey and Soybean Golems:

Breedabie's Honey GolemBreedabie's Soybeans Golem

Amethyst and Soapshroom Golems (the soapshroom is a complete repaint of an earlier entry, hope that's ok):

• bobthedragon
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-30 07:06:20 — Link

attempt at marble golem :D!
tumblr_mlz7y3cuxt1qfw01to1_1280.png
low res here

was having too much fun with soft white marble contrasting with hard black X3

derp

• Trask_Anda
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-10 16:25:28 — Link

Well, I have no idea. I figure we're supposed to make a new post this timmeee?

Not enough time to try and fix up my Marbee from my original post in this amount of time (besides how pretty bobthedragon's is. Wow that is pretty) (though looking back at him he isn't so bad. I think he's a cute marble cetacean fossil)

I dunno. I started him on the day it was said that there would be an extension but then TAFE got hectic.

Honey Badger made of honey, with a liquid outer surrounding a core of crystallized honey. Because I feel an urge to attribute some kind of logic to it all.

-~-~-

And in a sudden burst of inspiration (it's still the eleventh for hours yet. I think. It is for me, anyway)

Tiny Quartz bird.

« Prev | 1 2 ... 4 5 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla