Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Pet Overpopulation

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-27 19:22:36 — Link

Yeah... OWF didn't work out so well on Wajas, and deletion can be difficult. But if it were to be implimented Anakokou is right, it should be selective... those are the pets that no one really wants (except for projects). Perhaps it should be the sum total of their stats in regards to their level that should be considered (as well as traits that don't show in stats).... <-- I'm iffy on my own suggestion so please don't over analyze it. I'm just thinking out loud.

I wish I could view the pet before I adopted it... right now I'm assuming they don't have good stats. So I don't realy adopt. I've had some luck.. but not much recently. If there were a feature to view the stats that the pet currently has shown that would be great.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Mouse
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-27 20:07:23 — Link

I was thinking more like Felisfire's "Sacrificing" and PocketPumaPets "Portalling" - a free way to remove pets from the server. I know some of you will say "We have the Reserve!", but that type of feature should be free, and the reserve should be for viewing pets you don't want anymore.

I call Vermillion "Vermi"

I occasionally use an IPad- please excuse spellcheck.

• Westly

Posted at 2013-03-27 21:53:02 — Link

Maybe we could have a 'slaughter' option, so we could feed our unwanted pets to our other pets!  :D

My Webcomic!

• NiteThorn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-27 22:25:38 — Link

@ Westly: I kind of laughed at that, I'll admit, but I'm not overly fond of simply killing pets off. Even if they're put to use as food.

@ irrimn: I'm not saying toss a pet simply for having one or two reds, not at all--to me, "bad stats" would be four, five, or six reds, one or no greens, and after having researched the pets out, finding out they don't have many--or any--good recessives. And yes, I check. Look through my pets sometime, you'll see a couple with multiple reds that I'm researching and using to collect resources.

Exhibited Sim: YukiBaby #23145

FanFiction: xXFrostKittenXx #4390707

A few bits of silver is nothing in real life...but it can be the difference between a stable expansion and limiting your breeding goals.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-28 01:48:44 — Link

I'm not sure what the problem exactly is. There are should be many pets in the the Pound. We're expecting at least hundrends of pets there. Pound won't release them - it's Pound, a place where pets get food and shelter for the rest of their life or until somebody wants to take them. We're against any form of final pet deletion for many reasons, some of them are technical and some are balance concerns. If to mention Reserve, it has different mission: avoid the adoption of retired pets by other players.

Pregnancy time seems to balanced with everything else right now since the pregnant females and babies aren't able to do anything.

We have one real balance problem which affects pet population too: it's too easy to catch wild pets right now. We're going to increase the difficulty a bit with the next update to see how it goes.

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-28 02:06:02 — Link

Increasing the difficulty of wild caught pets seems like an interesting strategy. Later on down the line when inbreeding becomes more and more of a concern with pet lineages, wild-caught pets could potentially become more valuable. For newbies that are reliant on catching wild-caught pets, the increased difficulty would would make them be more drawn to the pound to interact with it for the pets in there, as a way to get their projects started or at the very least explore with them for the capital to buy pets that hopefully aren't as red as a stop sign.

But if you're visualizing hundreds of pets eventually coming to rest in the pound, dear mother of god why can we only view eight at a time? If the white unicorn problem is this bad now - how many times will you have to refresh the page with hundreds of pets hoping to get something that *isn't* a white unicorn?

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-28 02:15:24 — Link

But if you're visualizing hundreds of pets eventually coming to rest in the pound, dear mother of god why can we only view eight at a time?

Because there are 8 pound pets generated for tutorial and nobody of us though about increasing this number in the normal Pound :) Just increased to 15 to fill the screen.

• Zenith
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-28 02:18:00 — Link

Awesome!

I collect and breed cockatrice - See my wanted ad if you're willing to breed or sell your cockatrice!

Do you breed or dabble with cockatrice? NEW! Join my cockatrice breeding group, The Golden Standard! A group dedicated to helping cockatrice breeders and hobbyists meet their goals!

Looking for Pets? Check out my profile! I always have a variety of different species for sale.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-28 05:23:58 — Link

Hahah I was wondering why there were only 8! Thanks!

If I may point out... I would be more apt to adopt pets if I could view their profiles... Unless part of the pound is the "gamble". I already have so many white Unicorns, if I adopt another it better have nice stats or a gene I'm looking for (if it is unlocked or can be inferred from stats).

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla