Boards < General < News & Announcements < Apparels - a new way to customize your pets

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2019-10-31 01:23:29 — Link

Gryphon wearing Crustacean apparel

We're introducing a new feature - wearable apparel items that allow you to customize pets without changing their original image but rather by adding new pieces and subtracting extra parts. You may obtain the first several apparels in the Warlock Exchange Station while the current event lasts. 

Here's how apparels work:

• Pets have a new tab in their profile - Wardrobe. You can manage their apparels from here. Apparels are wearable items that allow you to customize the pet's appearance without replacing the current pet image.
Apparel UI
  • Apparels are species-specific. An apparel for a Puma and an apparel for a Dragon are two different apparels. Apparels may not work with custom species lines (pets with Rainbow Jar custom skins unless they are based on unmodified official lines, pets with line-altering deviant patterns, Throdama morphs).
  • An apparel may have a mask that hides a part of the pet's image to make it compatible with a certain apparel design. You may toggle the mask if you would like to see the hidden parts.
  • You may place apparels in front of the pet and behind it.
  • You may reorder equipped apparels to alter their draw order.
  • There's a specific type of apparels for background images. A background image may be expanded for a better view.
    • a few gradient backgrounds are available in the State Store
    • biotope-specific backgrounds for Grassland, Desert, Savannah, Tundra and Jungle can be found as a rare loot in Explore
    • Cove background sometimes drops in the Portal trade on the Battlefield
  • Apparels are soulbound and bind to a pet on equip. This means you can't take an apparel piece off a pet and equip it on another one or sell it. However, you may unequip any apparel by placing it to the pet's own inventory where it will be safely stored until you decide to equip it again.
  • A pet can own an unlimited number of apparels and equip up to 10 of them at the same time. Owned apparels go to the pet's "Own" tab.
  • If you decide to sell or gift a pet, all its apparels go with it. Other players may open the lot page and see all apparels bound to a pet.

Two new buildings are available: the Tack Workshop and the Barn. The Tack Workshop stores all apparels, and the Barn stores all food items so they don't take place in your Warehouse. 

If you encounter any bugs, please use hard refresh to clear the browser cache (Ctrl+F5). If this doesn't help, please post a bug report in the Bugs board

In Development

• Craftable apparels available all year long
  • Possibility to create your own craftable apparels and sell their designs to other players either for silver or gold coins

• CleverGirl
  • User

Posted at 2019-10-31 07:26:58 — Link

Wow awesome new stuff thank you

• GoldenLuck
  • User

Posted at 2019-10-31 13:26:49 — Link

This is really nice, I got some apparel for one of my unicorns, and I thought that one would be able to see her with her new apparel and background in the barn, but it's not the case. I was a little bit disappointed that one can only see the apparel whe you click on the unicorn, but I must add, she is currently wearing a custom skin, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. But she really does look lovely with her custom skin and the new apparel, once you click on her. :)

Here's her link: https://beastkeeper.com/pet/988135 

And here's her stable link where one cannot see the apparel she is wearing: https://beastkeeper.com/pets/80297/1

• GDFang
  • User

Posted at 2019-10-31 18:19:18 — Link

I can't use apparel or background on my pets and I don't found new buildings anywhere (their not from building, not from recipes and from state store to). I'm not sure, it's bug or I just not understood something (that reason, why I write from this, not forum).

(sorry, if I'm write strangely, I use translater for this).

Yes, I have bad english and I'm used online tronslate... That reason why I'm often be so slowly and very rare reply to messages.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2019-10-31 19:06:03 — Link

GDFang (#44535) wrote:

I can't use apparel or background on my pets and I don't found new buildings anywhere (their not from building, not from recipes and from state store to). I'm not sure, it's bug or I just not understood something (that reason, why I write from this, not forum).

Could you please specify what problems exactly and at what point you're facing? Purchasing apparels, equipping them, applying the changes to a pet's wardrobe or something else?

Blueprints for new buildings are dropping in Explore similar to other regular recipes. We recommend using your Astrologist when you're looking for a specific item in Explore. However, the construction process for new buildings was bugged indeed. It must be fine now. We're very sorry for the confusion!

• Wolf21
  • User

Posted at 2019-10-31 19:16:17 — Link

GDFang (#44535) wrote:

I am having the same problem...I purchased the apparel for Lykos and i just cant interact with it when i open wardrobe. It's like a picutre, i cant click it or move it 

Ronnie (game veteran 2014)

• Wolf21
  • User

Posted at 2019-10-31 19:53:29 — Link

Angel (#3) wrote:
GDFang (#44535) wrote:

Could you please specify what problems exactly and at what point you're facing? Purchasing apparels, equipping them, applying the changes to a pet's wardrobe or something else?

Blueprints for new buildings are dropping in Explore similar to other regular recipes. We recommend using your Astrologist when you're looking for a specific item in Explore. However, the construction process for new buildings was bugged indeed. It must be fine now. We're very sorry for the confusion!

I am having the same problem...I purchased the apparel for Lykos and i just cant interact with it when i open wardrobe. It's like a picutre, i cant click it or move it. I dont own a Barn or a Tack Wardrobe tho

Ronnie (game veteran 2014)

• GDFang
  • User

Posted at 2019-10-31 20:17:53 — Link

I'm not have problem with explore or picking magma cristals and I'm can exchange this from Warlock Exchange Station, but I can't use any apparel and background on my pets.

I trying click on picture of apparel or background and also I'm trying drag it to equipped from right, but is nothing changes (in equipped have "transparent background" only). button "Update Equipment" from down is unactive.

I try do it on several pets and also use CTRL+F5, but this is still not working.

*supplemented* Now is working. I'm use CTRL+F5 from wardrobe and this help (know about it from next news in comment).

Yes, I have bad english and I'm used online tronslate... That reason why I'm often be so slowly and very rare reply to messages.

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2019-10-31 20:27:21 — Link

Found a Jungle Background from a hero cult building during explore. 

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2019-10-31 21:50:57 — Link

GDFang, I'm glad the problem has gone! Looks like it was stubborn browser cache storing the old files.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2019-10-31 21:53:35 — Link

Wolf21 (#17128) wrote:
I am having the same problem...I purchased the apparel for Lykos and i just cant interact with it when i open wardrobe. It's like a picutre, i cant click it or move it. I dont own a Barn or a Tack Wardrobe tho

Please try hard refresh (Ctrl+F5) on the pet profile page to clear your browser cache. This looks like old script files are loading instead of the new ones.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2019-10-31 23:11:51 — Link

I love the idea of the barn!!! Yes!

The apparel will be fun too :) 

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2019-11-01 02:19:26 — Link

And got a tundra background from a chest behind a guardian. Seems there lots of ways to get them 

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Rephayis
  • User

Posted at 2019-11-01 09:18:32 — Link

Sounds great; will be fun to get apparel and backgrounds for my pets. Hopefully they can be bought with silver eventually, as I have a ton of that but little time to grind for the things in the volcano.

• GoldenLuck
  • User

Posted at 2019-11-01 12:06:09 — Link

So, I've build the Barn, and I have hard refreshed several times (on the building screen and every where else I could think of), but my barn does not appear in the building's section, nor on the drop down of the inventory, see below screen prints:

https://i.postimg.cc/ZqV0nzd0/Build-Barn.png 

https://i.postimg.cc/tTdbJhfk/Barn-not-showing.png

https://i.postimg.cc/6q98p6H7/Inventory-not-showing-Barn.png

Is the building supposed to show there, and how would we know if our food stuffs are stored in there?

And just to add, I've also gone and explored to get food (since I had none) in the hopes that that is the reason the barn is not showing up, so I got some food, did a hard refresh, and nope, my food items are still in my warehouse....

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla