Boards < General < News & Announcements < Auxo, the Kami of Summer

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 ... 9 10 11 | Next »

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2016-09-22 18:03:58 — Link

Thank-you so much for not closing it. I have so many pets I'd really miss, even though they're only pixels.

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2016-09-22 20:24:42 — Link

Same here :)

*eyes my original pets and my favorite Lykos*. All my custom skins!! 

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Lorry14
  • User

Posted at 2016-09-23 20:10:41 — Link

Does this mean we'll never have the rest of the deviant pets ?

Adopt one today!Lorry14Adopt one today!

• pinkdragonwings
  • User

Posted at 2016-09-25 08:15:23 — Link

Oh. So we shouldn't expect exhibitions to return or any new pets/features for this site?

I was kind of hopeful both sites would still be worked upon.

Event Items Guide: http://beastkeeper.com/thread/6549

Suggestions Thread: http://beastkeeper.com/thread/7442

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-09-26 04:49:54 — Link

Lorry14, deviant gryphons will be released when possible. Other species won't have deviance.

pinkdragonwings, BeastKeeper will continue running without updates and will be utilizing only existing static event mechanics like tundra and egg hunt. Such things like exhibitions won't be reintroduced. Each exhibition required a lot of custom coding, and there was no possibility to create an engine for them with the current state of the project. We're creating a new game to have easily reusable and scalable features. 

• Lorry14
  • User

Posted at 2016-09-26 10:27:00 — Link

One more question and the last,are we going to have Kami events where we have to complete tasks to get a kami or we're going to have only kami events like Egg Hunt ?

Adopt one today!Lorry14Adopt one today!

• fundatrix
  • User

Posted at 2016-09-26 20:03:14 — Link

Making new deviants or species it's not bad idea. Beastkeeper can be only breeding game with new "jpg" only :) It's not bad at all, I think most players are concentrating on this aspect.

• saberia12
  • User

Posted at 2016-09-27 18:53:50 — Link

aw man i want to see about deviant cockatrices oh well...

May star clan be with you and may your pets breed well.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-09-27 23:11:15 — Link

Lorry14, we are not planning new limited Kami (those that aren't re-relesed annually), so there won't be events for them as well. 

fundatrix, while deviants are really just a matter of art, new species are not. Unfortunately, as I already mentioned, this project is not scalable or easily updated. New species is the most complex and time devouring content update among all. It involves all aspects of the game: concept, balance, art and coding. Almost every script file in the game needs to be manually modified with custom code to add a new species. 

• fundatrix
  • User

Posted at 2016-09-28 09:40:15 — Link

If I understood correctly, the "new" Kami's won't be realised. But events with Kami's that were already in games, will be still provided - it means that seasonal events (Carpo, Thallo) will be realesed? Maybe with new colours or patterns :)

• playerxyz
  • User

Posted at 2016-10-24 15:11:28 — Link

"BeastKeeper will continue running without updates"

Now this is a downer. 

I shot the thread but I didn't shoot the TO

• Naervon
  • User

Posted at 2016-11-02 15:00:18 — Link

I guess I should have paid more attention to forums. I did pay (for me) a lot of money to try and support the game I thought was excellent in comparison to any pet adoptable site (I almost never use the store currencies elsewhere). And now this 'eh, sorry, too much work to fix this, better start something else'... nope. Even if I love this style, this site's mechanics, I'll probably won't play the new one. I could never be sure this won't happen in one or two years again.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2016-11-04 06:31:15 — Link

Naervon, BeastEon isn't something else. It's basically a recode of BeastKeeper with all the ideas that we wanted to realize from the start. We're not talking about fixes (there's nothing to fix on BeastKeeper except minor untraceable bugs) but about gameplay alterations and new features a lot of which are hardly possible on PHP+MySQL stack and with old data. Challenge system, relationships, personality, professions, big explorable world, extensive crafting system are old ideas. We were already working on the new craft system and quest and challenge system here on BeastKeeper for a long time, but it turned out that implementing them with all the data that already exists is kind of pointless because they won't be interesting to play with old pet profiles and item system. Tournaments and festivals have degenerated to exhibitions.  Rigid genetics system that all of the current pets have were killing the possibility of custom player-created breeds and made adding new colors, genes and morphs almost impossible (deviants were a really poor solution, but we couldn't think of anything else that would work here). Introducing something more diverse and engaging would be impossible with the old pets. You can check the old suggestions and news threads where we posted some of our ideas that never became live because of the limits of the current technology stack and architecture. We never wanted BeastKeeper to be another pet collectible game which it became. 

We had two alternatives: closing for a recode and reopening in about two years, offering everyone to start fresh under the same name, or host the new game version on another server and under another name leaving and supporting the first version as well. This wasn't an easy solution for us as well, but this is the best of two alternatives. So we're not forcing anyone to leave BeastKeeper for BeastEon because we understand that many players have dedicated a lot of time to their accounts here and will be very disappointed if they lose them. Unfortunately, there are no ways to merge a project to a completely different technology stack and rethought gameplay gradually and without a full wipe. 

• Nightingale

Posted at 2016-11-09 17:50:09 — Link

Question- While it makes perfect sense why it was decided to open BeastEon and retain Beastkeeper, and the unfortunant truth is that the systems are not mutally translateable to allow for a data transfer, I do wonder... When BeastEon opens will people from Beastkeeper have the opportunity to be involved in a special release? Maybe via a code, that allows them access to the new site and maybe provdes them with some sort of "legacy" item, perk, pets.. etc... as a testament to their time spent with BK? Something that shows they've been here? Nothing of course that would offset the balance of the game, or start a new economy tipped in the favor of other players... maybe like a badge? 

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Sumatra_Echo
  • User

Posted at 2016-11-09 23:24:29 — Link

Angel (#3) wrote:

10) What will happen to Beastkeeper V1? Will it still exist? Will anything carry over *eyes collection  of Kami*?

Most likely BeastKeeper will continue running without updates and will be utilizing only existing event mechanics like tundra and egg hunt. Unfortunately, we can’t transfer anything to BeastEon due to the enormous difference in gameplay and concepts. We plan to provide BeastKeeper players with some bonuses reminding of BeastKeeper basing on the achievements here, but most likely they will look like something similar to unique familiars, resource boost at the start and things like that.

« Prev | 1 2 ... 9 10 11 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla