Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Viridian

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-30 10:48:59 — Link

Mutagen    +     Vermillion     =    

Some of the best discoveries have happened because of accidents. Viridian is now one of them.

During a normally routine inventory check at a laboratory a careless bump knocked mutagen off the shelves. Some of the bottles broke and poured into bags of vermillion below.  What happened next was unexpected, they combined.

The new substance was given to a test subject. The result was amazing, the pet's entire genetics were uncovered at once with a pinch of viridian. The mutagen changed the very structure of the vermillion. The new substance was then named Viridian.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The word Viridian has been taunting me for a while now. I was wanting to find some way to make it into something, but couldnt think of anything that could prove useful. Until now. I think this will be atleast semi-useful.

How virdian is made:

A new option on mutagen's item page will allow you to combine 10 vermillion with a single mutagen. This will create a single viridian.

What Virdian does/will/can do:

A single viridian uncovers all the genes of a pet.

Virdian will promote the premium shop sales of mutagen.

Viridian will give mutagen a new use for those who do not use it for their pets.

Storing/selling/trading vermillion in larger quanity will become easier.

It could be used for future Kami events.

How it will be applied to a pet:

A new research option in the pets genetics profile or it can be used as an item from inventory.

Other things about Viridian:

Once combined the vermillion and mutagen can not be seperated. The entire structure of the vermillion has been changed in an irriversible way.

It does not mutate the pet. The mutagen's power was spent on the vermillion.

Viridian can only be made or purchased from another player who made it. It can not be found.

It is made instantly and does not require a crafting time.

Edited: Amount of vermillion lowered.

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-30 12:04:14 — Link

-epic narrator voice-

It's yet another bright, sunny day in the life of our young protagonist Ash Ketchum as he and his throng of faithful companions who were able to drop everything in their lives to join him on his adventure stroll into Viridian City to further his quest to become a Pokemon master, the ultimate champion of a sport that is eerily similar to dog-fighting. Claiming this final badge will be his last obstacle here in the Kanto region. Can he do it? Of course he can, he's a 10-year old with a freakin' Pikachu. So let's return to our eternally young heroes to see what they're up to. I'm sure it's something full of fun-natured friendly hysterics that will bring many laughs and strengthen the worryingly close bonds they already share.

Gotta Catch 'Em ALL, POKÉMON!

-------------------------------

Ahem, now that that is out of the way, and I'm sure all(most) Pokémon fans will immediately think of Viridian City with this name, I'm not sure if I support this or not. Outside of Kami events this item wouldn't be worth it. Researching all genes would cover all 20 which would normally cost 20 Vermillion and 2k Silver. Since the crafting costs 20 Vermillion and a Mutagen the only change is the Silver turning to Mutagen plus a 4-hour crafting time. Mutagen will typically sell for 5k or so though, meaning it costs more to make the Viridian than it would cost you to just research the pet the traditional way. Perhaps if you have a huge supply stockpiled from explore and would rather use one of those than the silver it would be fine but that would defeat the purpose you mentioned of getting them from the Premium Shop.

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-30 13:16:34 — Link

Oh wow, you just couldnt help youself could you? xD

There wouldnt be a crafting time since it just involves pouring the mutagen onto vermillion.

So, what if the cost of the vermillion would be ten, instead of 20? The mutagen's power could be enough to make half the normal amount able to research all the genes. Then a benifit would be saving vermillion.

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-30 14:10:02 — Link

Hey, I love Pokémon... it's just terrible if you put any amount of thought into it, and I mean any at all. It's awful XD How inbred must the Joys be for mothers, daughters, female cousins, aunts, grandmas, essentially every female in their family, to come out the same? Or does the Pokémon universe have a Joy Gene, expressed on the X Chromosone, that will always be dominant? And you must automatically be named Joy if you're a girl in that family? Reunions must be a pain. You also never see a Joy with any sense of individuality; they even have the same job! How many Joys must be born in each generation to supply every Pokémon center with one? Do they come with a manual? Same goes for Jennys. Genetic diversity does not exist for them.

No crafting time? Hm, I guess so, but in the case of using them for Kami I'd think there would need to be one. Glob forbid a Kami ask for something that can be easily provided and isn't time-consuming at all. Or in Europa would it be Kami forbid? o.o

Well... value wise that would make the Viridian roughly 10-12k silver, right? If I mathed right they'd pretty much be equal with normal research cost, making it a matter of preference which method you use to unveil genes.

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-30 16:14:46 — Link

What if they are all robots? or clones? That would explain it! And i actually think I saw one that reacted to brock, she wasnt offended or weirded out like usual. Forget which episode though, since there are absolutly hundreds of them. I think she was semi-attracted, or flattered, but I forget for sure.

Well it would still take a mutagen to make it, so there would just need to be more required for the kami to make up for the craft time. And making them now or waiting four hours wouldnt make much of a difference when atleast four hours is going to be spent on islands gathering other stuffs. So many stuffs.

I didnt know mathed was a word.

Well I dunno, I just thought viridian would make things more tidy in the vermillion world.

If it takes just ten vermillion then I personally would use all my mutagens to make viridian so I can save on vermillion. Might even buy more mutagen when im too lazy to explore for vermillion.

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-30 17:50:37 — Link

Or there is a Joy Breeding Facility where they utilize Dittos in order to create the identical Joys. That is why their hair is pink.

Well obviously a Kami would request more than Viridian in order for you to convince it to stay. You must bestow upon them many gifts of ridiculous splendor and rareness. And sometimes offer up a blood sacrifice.

And since when is stuffs a word outside of the "stuffing/stuffed" context? Did "So many stuffs" become proper grammar without me getting the memo?

Well, question. If Viridian will help to cut down on the amount of Vermillion used then why would it be as important to save it as it is now? Unless of course the Black Market is created and Ollie asks for it fairly frequently.

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-31 07:10:54 — Link

Not all dittos are pink though. They only use the pink ones? What heppens to the blue ones?

Well of course. The veridian would simply be a small part of the many wonderful gifts. If I was a kami I would ask for many viridians, they are pretty.

You missed the memo? I thought I sent it to everyone. Well now it is a lazy word for when you dont want to describe stuff. xD

It would still require a mutagen to make, so unless you have mutagens you would still be using the normal method.

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-31 08:13:18 — Link

Almost all Dittos are pink though, the blue ones are the shiny ones. Perhaps they are used to make the Officer Jennys? Their hair is more green than blue but appears blue in certain lighting.

I think we've covered everything I had questions about.

• ahuskydog15
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-31 21:39:51 — Link

I like your idea it would save on vermillion but cost more silver still i think more people would use it if it had some other affect? maybe your pet while dizy from the dosage spaws out some pokemon jokes? or its has a 0.1% chance of its next foal being deviant maybe 0.01%  XD

• SuperHappy
  • User

Posted at 2015-11-23 23:37:05 — Link

For side effects(if there was any), it could take up energy, maybe 5 points?

Quotes:

I want you to listen to me very carefully, Harry. You're not a bad person. You're a very good person, who bad things have happened to. Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.

~ Sirius Black

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Important Threads of Mine(Scroll to see all)

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/9464 My BIGGEST most COMPLEX Forum Game yet!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/9182 Fun RP!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8679 KAMI SUGGESTION!!!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8748 REALLY fun game I made up!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8814 Another REALLY fun game I made up!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8568 My imaginary friends

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8759 ASK MY IMAGINARY FRIENDS!!!!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8751 Newest writing, called Diaries of a Cat!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8747 Warrior Cat Name Creator Game!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8420 My Warrior Cat Name Rater!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8102  Pets for newbies!

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-11-26 04:16:30 — Link

Or a side effect could be that it uncovers all genes, BUT it randomly has a chance to alter a gene... or two ;) Maybe some residual mutagen that did not fully mix. 

That allows users to "store/stash" vermillion and uncover genes... at whatever rate makes sense for game mechanics, but still involves risk so that it is not fool-proof/perfect. 

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• MidnightMoon
  • User

Posted at 2015-12-05 16:55:33 — Link

I think this idea is great about the Viridian.

PLEASE TAKE MY PETS

• pinkblossom
  • User

Posted at 2015-12-28 00:17:46 — Link

Its awesome!

• Imitatia

Posted at 2015-12-28 05:35:41 — Link

I like this idea, especially with the small chance of altering a gene! I think that this could also work as a recipe/scheme.

Hey everyone!

• Wireath
  • User

Posted at 2016-01-04 19:27:59 — Link

I'm probably necro-ing this, but I just thought of something close, though opposite of what you suggested.

How about instead of uncovering all genes, it randomly increases the Gene Power of a gene, when used(fed). (Similar to degeneration.) -- I remember reading somewhere that the guardians (Red monsters) were strengthened due to being exposed a large quanity of vermillion, so it'll tie in with lore if my memory is correct. (Though the reason I'm suggesting it now is because of Genetic Power.)

My Pet Sales page --

Currently have 3 extra Blueprint: Military Academy level 3

#cfddcf -- #d0e7ba

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla