Boards < Offtopic < Archives < Lock or delete please

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• desildea
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-20 15:44:47 — Link

I don't know about anyone else, but if I can't See the amount of money I have all the time, it makes it easier for me to save it for things I Really need.. A bank or something of the kind that holds silver & gold would be awesome. 

My goal at the moment: Breed (or aquire) pretty devs. for breeding...  LF: Nice gened & stated Double colored Rocs.

Many pets for sale! Trades welcome :) Will take Vermillion, building materials, food, invites, change sex scrolls, expansion scrolls, Amnesia Potion, Energy Drink, ect....

*Whispers:a Preveiw button would be awesome..*

• SuperHappy
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-20 20:56:29 — Link

Or a bank where you can put silver/gold to hold it so you don't accidentaly spend money you were going to use on something else.

Quotes:

I want you to listen to me very carefully, Harry. You're not a bad person. You're a very good person, who bad things have happened to. Besides, the world isn't split into good people and Death Eaters. We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That's who we really are.

~ Sirius Black

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Important Threads of Mine(Scroll to see all)

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/9464 My BIGGEST most COMPLEX Forum Game yet!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/9182 Fun RP!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8679 KAMI SUGGESTION!!!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8748 REALLY fun game I made up!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8814 Another REALLY fun game I made up!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8568 My imaginary friends

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8759 ASK MY IMAGINARY FRIENDS!!!!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8751 Newest writing, called Diaries of a Cat!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8747 Warrior Cat Name Creator Game!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8420 My Warrior Cat Name Rater!

http://beastkeeper.com/thread/8102  Pets for newbies!

• desildea
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-20 21:38:11 — Link

Exactly! :)

My goal at the moment: Breed (or aquire) pretty devs. for breeding...  LF: Nice gened & stated Double colored Rocs.

Many pets for sale! Trades welcome :) Will take Vermillion, building materials, food, invites, change sex scrolls, expansion scrolls, Amnesia Potion, Energy Drink, ect....

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-20 21:56:05 — Link

While I'm not saying you're wrong to post this, an idea as specific as a Bank is something that isn't hard to spot if you check the forums before posting to see if it has been suggested before or not. If you had checked before posting you would have found that this has not only been suggested before, but suggested multiple times going as far back as 2/22/2013! It's had plenty of support since way back when and yet has still never been implemented.

Based on the previous threads, users are wanting the Bank to serve two primary purposes:

1. The Bank would act in the traditional sense of a Bank and be a place where silver/gold currency can be stored away. This may or may not also include interest rates and a system that allows you to set your goals to where you can not withdraw silver stored until said goal has been reached.
  2. The second function is a Transaction Log of sorts or, rather, a more in-depth version of the Reports where you can clearly view all silver spending on your account as well as review the silver earned.

Old threads with this suggestion:

• desildea
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-20 22:53:23 — Link

Actually, I spent 3 hours last night looking through threads.. in  SuggestionsApproved Suggestions, & Refused and Irrelevant Suggestions..

I didn't see it anywhere. Sorry for suggesting something! No need to be rude...

• Monues
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-21 03:21:49 — Link

Bank has been suggested before. It would be a useful addition as many have found out. Instead of supporting previous suggestions of it people feel the need to make a new suggestion, this both clutters up the forum and spreads ideas for the bank out instead of keeping them in one tidy place for more brainstorming. Adding your ideas onto the previous suggestion/s would have been better to help build up the overall bank idea.

Also it would not have taken you three hours to look through the forums and find no mention of a bank. It took me three seconds to scroll down the same page and see New building: Bank suggested by chita right in the middle. The one on the next page is easy to spot as the word "bank" is sticking far out to the left because of the longer title. Bank is a popular suggestion that can not be missed like the more obscure suggestions. Even if you were reading most the suggestions (which would be an explantation of why it took so long) you would have come across the one of those.

If you are trying to lie out of I am guessing is frustration for thinking someone was being rude to you when she was offering help and information, please dont. I realize you are super new and don't know anyone very well yet, but don't just jump to a conclusion and judge someone by how you read what they typed. You are the one who gave her a rude voice. Sylvii is very kind and helpful, one of the best people I know on here. Many of the players here are kind and helpful. Those who are not do not stay around for long because Nightingale eats them. She is nice too, so don't worry.

If you are not trying to lie and somehow did not see the word bank there are two ways I know that are usefu to look for something specific in the forums. First is to go to a search engine, like google. For a bank post, I would type in Beastkeeper forum bank. Atleast one or two  of the most popular ones will show up that way.

The other way, which I like best and was shown to me by Nightingale, is CTRL+f. You press and hold CTRL then click F. A search box will come up. You can type in keyword/s to find on the page you are viewing and it will highight them and jump you to where the word/s are on the page. If the words are not there it will show as a red box. You will only need to spend a few second on each page looking to see if the word is there, which is pretty nice. Especially compared to scrolling through. This of course works on any pages, as it is a computer function and not something tied just to beastkeeper.

I'm sure youre giving me a rude voice right now too. Maybe in a monster's tone, all deep and scratchy. That would be neat. But really I am trying to help, like Sylvii is, and if I wanted to be rude you would know it. If you don't want our help thats fine. But I suggest you get to know some people for who they really are. It is fun to make friends on this game. Can't just talk to youself, it gets lonely.

A [Signiture Box] Left Text Layer 2 SalePerfects by RavensMournB [Signiture Box] Middle by RavensMournC [Signiture Box] Right by RavensMourn

• desildea
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-21 06:26:07 — Link

Now that I am aware of them, yes I will go & read what's been suggested & try to make a useful addition or two to it/them.

Consider the fact that I am on a cell phone.. It happens to loose connection a lot (we live Way out in the country) & is hard to see the text.(Edit: forgot to mention: I do use a computer for about 2 hours a day, its borrowed from my roomie as mine is being worked on.. But i wasnt on it when i was searching for the bank threads) I also have a habbit of scanning the first few letters of a sentence or word to make it faster to get through multiple posts or in this case forums. So a title like: New Building: Bank would not have caught me eye.. Also on a phone none of the options you mentioned are available or I'd have used them...As for the internet search: it didn't occur to me. :/  And I didn't give her an evil voice. It was the wording that made her post look angry & or derogatory to me & a girlfriend that lives with me (yes I got a second opinion before I got rude back.)

As for You having an evil voice, no.  If I were to give you one it'd be a teacher instructing a wayward student.. 

I have met some players on here.. Know quite a few actually as this is my second time here. (Hoping to reconnect with them) A couple I've met that I didn't know already have tried to take advantage of me already (Example: offering 20k for an item that goes for 30k+) but for the most part, yes the players are pretty helpful & nice..

I joined the first time when BK first opened. I guess my account was erased as I tried using my old email address & there wasn't an account listed under that email. 

I also happen to be known on my other games as a nice & helpful person. I regularly set up newbie giveaways, help people acquire their dream pets (when I have the money).. ect. (DragonWild Dravonna on FF, Desildea on FR, Dravonna on Wajas).. Was Dravonna on here the first time.. 

If I sound rude, derogatory, upity, boastful, ect. I don't mean it that way. I am actually an extreme recluse & have a very hard time being social. I have to force myself to post in the first place.. Not making excuses by the way. This is likely the longest post I have ever written..

• Sylviianel
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-21 06:59:56 — Link

How exactly did I come off as rude? Where in the wording did it come off that way exactly? Where did I do anything but offer my assistance? I didn't scold you for posting a duplicate thread, it happens a lot due to people neglecting to research the idea first. I started the post off by saying "While I'm not saying you're wrong to post this" so as not to come off as being rude and getting onto you for posting the suggestion. Since it wasn't wrong, per say, but simply commenting in the original suggestion would bump it up to the top while voicing your support for it.

I believe you chose to take my wording as rude since I wasn't jumping to support you and your marvelous suggestion that wasn't originally yours. Instead of accepting the information I provided with a level head you took me pointing those things out as a personal attack. Which it wasn't. I spent my own time digging through the forums and putting that information together in order to help better this thread by providing evidence of the support for the idea and show what other users are wanting the bank to provide.

Now, well, I admit I am a bit annoyed at this point by your logic, but I still won't be getting rude here. As Monues said I am a great person, an absolute delight if you will, the most kind-hearted, selfless, gracious user you could ever encounter on the entirety of the interwebs... and did I mention modest? But how can you use you spending 3 hours looking through the forums against me and then go and admit you didn't do it very thoroughly or extensively in your reply to Monues due to the sketchy connection of your phone and skimming habit?

To recap:

• I never said you shouldn't make suggestions. In fact, I support people making suggestions even if I don't support the suggestons themselves, since users offering their ideas can lead to the betterment of BK for the entire community.
  • I do not like how you assumed I was being rude when I was helping and therefor deemed it appropriate to insult my character because of this. I take it upon myself to help whenever I can and be a pillar in the community so I take it very personally when someone insults me in such a manner.
  • While it wasn't brought up before a Bank is something I would support.

And, if I may interject on behalf of Liandralithe, the user I am assuming you said tried to take advantage of you based on your post history, her offer could very well have been accepted by another user as a fair one. Energy Drinks typically sell for 25k so your price for them is higher than normal but still acceptable for most users who buy them. Vermillion can go anywhere from 100-1000 per 1 unit at times, being one of the materials whose value fluxuates the most depending on demand, so 40 Vermillion, which is what she offered,  would be worth anywhere from 2-40k.

• desildea
  • User

Posted at 2015-10-21 07:14:21 — Link

Your perfect & I'm crap. I get it. Now just drop it please. 

• Nightingale

Posted at 2015-10-21 13:33:05 — Link

I don't have a terrible amount to add to this, and to be honest I just ate... So I'm not really hungry (sorry Monues, I know you wanted leftovers). There won't be anyone eating today. 

I'm a huge fan of teaching and learning for all parties involved anywhere, including myself. 

Sylvii knows, more than anyone here, about my woes regarding internet connection. I too live way out in the country, if a mouse passes gas you bet your left ear that my satellight internet cuts out! Or if it rains.. or snows.. or is windy... or clouds.. or just because.... Such is Vermont- these things happen at once. I spend a great deal of time on BK using my cell phone (which to be honest is horrible with the forums and some other site features (It has improved a great deal though!)). I get it.. I totally do.. Takes me ages to do like anything... 

We also have the ability to search forums: http://beastkeeper.com/board-search 

:D 

I mean to be honest... the fact that a bank is being suggested over and over again tells me that the idea is a good one, and that users crave something like a bank, or something similar. It does clutter the forum to see multiple posts- but it also shows that people want it! 

I'm not going to modhammer you or smite you down. I like people.. they're tasty playthings *ahem*

Anywho, let's all learn from the situation and move on mmkay?  I'm locking and moving this before it goes much farther. 

If anyone has questions feel free to PM me. 

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla