Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Approved Suggestions < The Pound Rule is Too Harsh

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 3 | Next »

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 19:20:03 — Link

@Nocturnal - if you don't log on, the pets don't need feeding and you don't lose any gold, so don't worry. Life can happen and breaks can be taken.

* Winter is coming *

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 22:05:31 — Link

As a general rule, I don't think it's a good idea to implement any features that will take away, kill, or permanently cripple pets in some fashion. This is a game, not real life, and you don't want people to feel pressured to treat it otherwise because honestly, many people will simply leave if something were to happen to a pet they were really attached to. You don't want to give people a reason to leave like that.

Personally, I feel like being forced to feed all your pets even if you aren't sure you want them yet is a good balancer and incentive for exploring/buying from other players, so I hope that doesn't change too much. Inflation becomes a very real problem when you start putting in lots of new features for convenience, and I just don't want to see that happen here, you know?

• lililira
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-19 02:21:32 — Link

I'll just do some calculations on how much food you have to feed a pet every day to convince those people still on the fence about this rule.

Each pet takes 18 units of food every day. 25 pets take 450 units. 50 take 900 units. 100 take up 1800 units. Finally, the maximum amount of pets is 200, and that would take 3600 units. As is, it is literally impossible to get enough to feed 50 pets if you only have a few hours to play every day. 

Each drop gives between 1-5 units of food. There can be a maximum of four drops on an island. Meaning that if you always get the food you need, and you always get the maximum amount, it takes a minimum of 45 trips to the islands to feed only 50 pets. However, sometimes there is no food on an island, and often there are only 1 or 2 drops, and those only give 2 or 3 food each. It is, going by the numbers, impossible to play this game in a relaxed, easygoing manner and be able to provide enough foo for all of your pets.

This means that you need to spend silver to pay for the food. However, if you have trouble saving your money, you will end up losing a pet because you "just didn't have enough". This pet might be one that means something to you, like a pet with a skin based off an OC, or a lv50, or a baby with all green stats that you've been trying to breed for generations.

• DragonSage
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-19 02:38:21 — Link

Except that you won't lose any pets. Voron eril one of the game developers <a href="http://beastkeeper.com/thread/773/2#5427">mentioned</a> that they are not going to turn on the pet seizing in the final version.

There are some nice suggestions in this thread that would help counter the fact you might not be able to find enough food just exploring.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-22 04:45:50 — Link

*is a bit late*

Thank you Voron eril! :)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Freckle
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-22 14:05:51 — Link

super support. I dont know how the feeding feature works on here, but I would be upset if i couldnt get online for a week/ spent my money on a skin or something and then had it taken away. I: 

no

« Prev | 1 2 3 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla